  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Single vs Dual Core Performance by black clouds
I'd like to know if anyone using a single core processor has noticed any significant improvement in performance after upgrading to Windows Vista or is it only those with Dual Core processors that are noticing significant improvements to performance? (Please, this question is for those who were previously running XP with the same hardware, if you’ve increase your RAM or made other hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 07 09:10 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
48 957
TV Turners in Windows Vista Beta2 by DeBeDos
Hi all, I installed Windows Vista Beta2 in my system for evaluating. System Description: Intel PIV 2,53 Ghz 2 GB RAM HD, Various Disks - System Partition 100GB ATI RADEON 9600 Pro 256MB AGP Motheboard ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe TV Turner:
August 28th 06 01:19 PM
by Chris Go to last post
1 954
External Hard Drives by Gene L.[_2_]
I have been advised that it might be more advantageous for me to back up my files on an external hard drive instead of on 5 or 6 DVD's. How do I go about determining the capacity, quality and type of hardware needed? Can someone point me in the right direction/ Many Thanks!
June 2nd 10 09:20 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
4 952
hp by swiftflo
Anyone know what is now going on at HP. There don't appear to be any drivers or advice for drivers for my 7960 printer for Vista now.
March 1st 07 07:53 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
2 952
My USB Bluetooth is missing drivers how do I get them? by Nancy
I have a USB bluetooth device, it seemed to work fine but now Problem Report and Solutions pops open and I get the following message which reads as below: Download and install the driver for KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter This problem was caused by KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter was created by Integrated System Solution Corp.. A solution is available that will solve this...
October 14th 07 09:38 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 946
Upgrade Hard Disk in Vista by Phil
Hi. I want to replace my existing main internal hdd with a faster, higher capacity model. I'm aware there are likely to be be licencing problems after a disk clone. Will someone please give me a link for the micorosoft recommended process to follow. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 10 08:08 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
14 938
Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller [driver] for Vista by carlo67
Hi I got the vista on my PC, I need Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller for Vista please carlo -- carlo67 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carlo67's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22848
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 10 10:45 AM
by larrymoencurly Go to last post
15 938
Installed Usable Memory by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (SP2), with 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, CA Security Suite, MBAB, SuperAntiSpyware Professional, Cleaner and Spybot search and destroy on an Acer Aspire T180 desktop. All WU's are current and the machine is working just great. About 6 months ago I noticed a reduction in the amount of usable installed memory. I have 2048 MB of installed RAM in 3 slots (512 MB, 512...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 10 03:19 PM
by Paul Calcagno Go to last post
32 937
Dell Latitude D505 Wireless Driver by xtravgnt
Anyone get a dell notebook using the 1350 wlan mini-pci card working? Seems to be based off a broadcom chip. Vista picks the card up as a broadcom, and it will let you connect to the local network and browse it. It shows connected to the internet but won't actually go anywhere, it comes back with dns errors. I had the same problem on my ECS notebook until I found some drivers on Ralinks...
September 4th 06 03:30 AM
by xtravgnt Go to last post
0 935
Reading news by Torres K
Hi wondering if Ishould be using Window Mail, one of the web-base email program,or just use a web brower. What do you think?
May 31st 10 04:02 AM
by Poutnik Go to last post
4 927
Compaq IJ300 (Lexmark Z11) by brianto
Everything works fine since I installed Vista except for my printer a Compaq IJ300 which is a Lexmark Z11 in disguise. I installed the driver for the Z11 through the "Add Printer" but the problem arrises when I try and install my black cartridge. ( You have to change the colour to black). When I press add new cartridge ie black ,everything is ok but when I go to allign it, the program states...
September 15th 06 01:32 PM
by brianto Go to last post
1 923
IGFX by Betty
experience level-2 w/10 being COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS OLD! Compaq Presario Windows Vista Premium I have never used Vista before. I don't seem to be having a problem using it. Or not lol While I am working the screen will go black for a few seconds. The notice: display driver has stopped responding and has recovered IGFX. I get this message 3-4 times a day. I don't have a clue what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 08 07:15 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
23 912
Is the BTX motherboard Dead ? by Jasper[_4_]
I have not heard much about this or have I seen any BTX parts out there. This thought just came to mind.
November 4th 08 07:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 911
battery plugged in, not charging by jennifer b
I am currently using a laptop that is approx one year old - it's a toshiba tecra A6. It belonged to a friend and I have only received it recently, so I do not know its history. When I hover above the 'power plan' icon on the bottom toolbar, it says "0% available, (plugged in, not charging)" and, accordingly, cannot run the computer on battery power. Is this definitely a problem with the...
May 15th 10 02:27 PM
by 90tbird Go to last post
5 882
Why Use Project Management tools? by Projectdrive
http://www.project-drive.net provides all tools, charts, reporting functions and a customizable dashboard for efficient project management and objective-oriented productivity Web based project management software allows you to save time and reduce costs at implementation and throughout the project lifecycles. Easy to learn and intuitive user interface even for non-technical business users
May 28th 10 10:52 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 879
Can't find my Card Reader or driver by [email protected]
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 09 02:00 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
36 874
Where would I found out... by Scorpzzz
how much more ram my PC can take? I want to put more ram on my PC & I don't know where I can found out how much it can take. I tried crucial.com/uk but everytime I try to run the scan, my PC gets the blue screen. :( Here's my PC: 'ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 27th November 2008' (http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_7963.htm)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 09 06:40 PM
by bobtran Go to last post
19 873
Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) by Clarker
I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I cannot create a backup of recovery files on a DVD-R disc. Everything starts off fine, then at the end this error comes up: The backup did not complete successfully. An error occured. The following information might help you reslove the error. The request could not be performed because of an i/o device error...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 05:54 AM
by swap4naidu Go to last post
16 871
U3 thumb drive doesn't work by Micahman74
This is what I know but also as far as I've got... 1: You need to have launchpad intaller set to autostart 2: You have to remove password protection (at least while you are doing this) 3: Plug the drive in, launchpad will try to run, popup informing you that launchpad is not compatible and option to check for update. 4: Choose yes, IE launches and you are informed that a software update to...
September 27th 06 08:53 PM
by Sean Go to last post
1 867
Microsoft optical mouse 3000, won't zoom word 2003 under Vista? by Duncan - Midlands UK
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, up to date, Microsoft Office 2003 and a Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 with Intellipoint 6.1 (Takes breath....) Under XP, if used the wheel in word it would scroll lines of text by rolling the wheel and zom in-out if I rolled the wheel while holding CTRL down on the keyboard. Under Vista, the scroll still works but the zoom function no longer works,...
May 27th 10 10:01 PM
by ander[_2_] Go to last post

From The