Dispaly settings by Gary G. Little
I had a notice today to update the NVIDIA and Sigmatel drivers and did such. Now, everytime I come back from a reset/shutdown or screensaver I get the Display Settings window. A minor irratation, but thus far I can't get rid of it. Gary G. Little
October 1st 06 02:23 AM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
0 168
K8N800 aero by Max
Hi, anybody knows if via K8N800 graphic adapter support Aero Glass? I've installed Vista, but probably because of the driver, Aero is not enabled, and Direct 3d appared to be not supported. I appreciate your help Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
October 1st 06 01:09 AM
by Phillips Go to last post
1 196
Treo 700w by DM Nelson
I have a Treo 700w which will not sync using Sync Center. I have already eliminated the old partnership as well as a hardware reset and still nothing happens when I select create new sync partnership. Anyone else with this situation? -- Regards, DM Nelson
October 1st 06 12:55 AM
by DM Nelson Go to last post
0 174
copying files from DVD extremely slow under Vista RC1 by Ado Neilson
My CD/DVD 4x +RW combo drive appears to have been correctly identified (Dell Inspiron 8600) - the name of the device is the same under Vista and XP. However, copying files from a DVD is achingly slow in Vista RC1. It took over an hour to copy files that I was then able to copy in under 5 minutes under XP. I also noticed that the driver details are much more extensive under XP than under...
October 1st 06 12:24 AM
by Jo Go to last post
1 171
Nostromo n52 Gamepad driver by ElSama
I'm having difficulty getting this gamepad to work. The XP driver will seem to install properly, however when the device is plugged in, the key-mapping software (Loadout Manager) doesn't see the device. Further poking around revealed that the XP .inf doesn't work with Vista. I realize it's not Microsoft's problem to provide a driver, however if they could put some pressure on Belkin to...
October 1st 06 12:14 AM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
7 457
ATI x700 Svideo to TV comes out Black and White not in color. by Ryan
I had this same setup in Windows XP and everything worked great. I installed Windows Vista and now my secondary display which is my TV only shows up in black and white. I installed the latest Catalyst drivers. Has anybody experienced this?
September 30th 06 09:40 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 179
ATI x700 Svideo to TV comes out Black and White not in color. by Ryan
I had this same setup in Windows XP and everything worked great. I installed Windows Vista and now my secondary display which is my TV only shows up in black and white. I installed the latest Catalyst drivers. Has anybody experienced this?
September 30th 06 09:39 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 142
Horrible performance with ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 drivers install by nick
Anyone have any ideas? Tried ATI beta drivers and "default" Vista drivers - both result in the screen refreshing once per every 5 seconds
September 30th 06 08:42 PM
by nick Go to last post
0 143
Using Vista by AJ
Once I install Vista on my computer, is there an easy way to go back to my original XP if I encounter problems? Is there a way to easily go back and forth between the 2 operating systems? If I have the Recovery CD for my computer, the worst that can happen is that I reinstall windows XP correct? I used the upgrade advisor and it's telling me that these issues exist and I'm not sure if it...
September 30th 06 06:48 PM
by Diablo63 Go to last post
9 213
Vista RC1 Sync Center fails Set up by Rich
I have a Toshiba Tecra M4 Tablet PC, 2GB running Vista RC1. I am trying to setup a partnership with a new i-Mate K-Jam device. When connecting the device via USB on either of my 3-USB ports, Vista installs the drivers and recognises the device and presents it to the Mobility Center and Sync Center. Nothing happens when I select "Set up" from the Sync Center menu, or via Right-Click on the...
September 30th 06 05:58 PM
by b Go to last post
1 167
Conexant HDA and a potential cure by James M
OK...thought this may help someone. I have a Toshiba P105 with the Conexant High Definition Audio. Upon installing Vista RC1 I got no sound. At first the driver loaded but I got the Code 10 error stating the driver could not start. After deinstalling the device I could not get the driver installed. I searched all the blogs and news boards. I found a lot of people with the same issue and...
September 30th 06 04:21 PM
by Walker Go to last post
1 165
dual core not useing both cores by lazersgm
i have a intel pentium D and the device manager has seen both cores. the computer type is ACPI. when i open the task manager it only shows 1 cpu wiht the seting show one graph per cpu and the NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS system variable keeps reseting to 1. anyone know how to fix this? thanks for your help
September 30th 06 03:00 PM
by HDRDTD Go to last post
4 168
on ATI I/O Communications Processor LPC Controller by Irv
Device manager says above not installed. Please, what is it? HP Media Center 2005 a1340n 1gig 32.mhz Thanks, Irv
September 30th 06 02:53 PM
by Irv Go to last post
0 182
A click takes minutes to operate clicks too close cause long wait by Irv
PC is HP Media Center a1340n, 1g ram, 3.2mhz. Running Ultim,ate; VISTA grade is 2.1. Thanks, Irv
September 30th 06 02:47 PM
by Irv Go to last post
0 151
Intel 82845 GL Chipset by Mike
OK I do not know if this has been posted before, but here goes. I have an Intel 82845 GL on board chipset that i do not even use. I have an Nvidia GE Force graphics card. The problem is that everytime I boot up Vista 5782, (This has happened on all versions that I have used) automatic downloads downloads and installs the driver for the Intel chipset. How do I stop this from downloading and...
September 30th 06 01:53 PM
by Brian Bradley Go to last post
5 168
readyboost by Al C
I have just prchased a sandisk cruzer mini 2Gb and hoped to use it with readyboost. However i am getting an error stating 'The device is plugged into an unsuppoerted interface' It is definately a USB2.0 port. Can anyone offer any advice please?
September 30th 06 12:16 PM
by Al C Go to last post
2 173
Is USB hard disk partitions not reconised under Vista RC1(build 56 by Lee
I have a portable harddisk using USB 2 interface, when i boot into microsoft vista i can see the device, but unable to read the paritions under it, but when i boot under windows XP SP2, the USB portable harddisk works as fine, is it a bug in this vista build?
September 30th 06 11:55 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 254
Is USB hard disk partitions not reconised under Vista RC1(build 56 by Lee
I have a portable harddisk using USB 2 interface, when i boot into microsoft vista i can see the device, but unable to read the paritions under it, but when i boot under windows XP SP2, the USB portable harddisk works as fine, is it a bug in this vista build?
September 30th 06 09:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 196
Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card by Charles Crowder
Has anybody been able to install the above PCMCIA card? I have a version A and C card and need it to access my Jazz drive. A driver is listed in ADD HARDWARE but attempting to install it returns the error that the driver does not support Vista. I wanted to ask Adaptec about this but since the cards are out of warranty, I can't even ask a simple question of them now. The latest drivers...
September 30th 06 07:10 AM
by Charles Crowder Go to last post
0 180
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 channel select... by Jojo
I've been trying to figure this out for ages now. I still am not able to select a 5.1 surround. I read other people's posts and tried what they did but I have had no luck. Can anyone walk me through this, because if I can't get the rest of my speakers working on Vista, I think I'd rather just go back to XP. Thanks in advance.
September 30th 06 05:11 AM
by Jojo Go to last post

From The