Vista Ultimate unable to support 4GB RAM for Notebooks by vernardm
I just upgraded my Acer Aspire 5100 to windows Vista Ultimate and replaced 1GB RAM (2x 512MB) with 4 GB cards (2x 2GB). It stopped in the middle of the booting sequence. I installed the two 512MBs back, it worked again. I tried to log it in ntbootlg.txt and checked the difference, and I noticed that the crash happened between cdfs.sys and ntkrnlpa.exe. I strongly believe it's...
October 15th 07 10:47 PM
by Jason[_4_] Go to last post
5 169
HARDWARE & DEVICES by VeronJonz
Since I've installed RC1 there are a multitude of problems. These include the following. Vista will not except Microsoft Products, when I download Ms Products and the download is complete there is nothing there. I cannot install my Active Sync Program and all data was wacked when I tried. My HP printer and scanner will not install. Vista tells me to contact the manufacturer for their...
October 6th 06 11:59 AM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
1 150
Tom Lakes' Response by VeronJonz
Tom your donation was not helpful, it's MOOT! If "VISTA" has a remedy, then why isn't it "POSTED" all of the current data is diseminated, however it is non functional, it's not allowing MS Office 12, it says it does not recognize the program. When I tried to update it it told me that it is not installed on my system.....What I'm trying to convey is "VISTA" is currently for my E-Mail. The...
October 7th 06 07:47 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
4 148
Ethernet cable + system process bug by vertigo
I'd like to fill an official bug report concerning an ethernet cable + system process bug. Where to go? :)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 07 10:37 PM
by vertigo Go to last post
12 332
crashing cant install programs by very frustrated vista user
just installed vista premium left it running for a hour turned off left it 1 hour restarted all ok went on to install nero 7 and it keeps crashing something about windows installer given up now 3 trys still the same went on to media centre clicked on to recorded tv started to watch 1 of the trailers and CRASH rebooted tryed again same happened
February 16th 07 01:42 PM
by very frustrated vista user Go to last post
0 295
ram ..please help by veryunhappy
hi there i have just installed 2x2gb memory cards to go with my other 2x2gb cards making a total of 8gb of ram as that is what my mother board can take i have checked bios start up menu and the ram is in as it is saying i have 8196mb of ram but when i go onto base index score to check for hardware the extra ram is not showing as the new hardware is not being detected ?????why is this does any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 7th 08 06:40 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
53 1,607
Linksys Print server by VetteBoy
My print server is not working with vista (32) Home Prem. I had a linksys guy try to set up LRP printing, still not working. Does anyone know about that or any suggestions? Thanks --
November 28th 07 07:54 PM
by John Go to last post
1 86
bluetooth and Infra red by vgavhane
Hi, I have ACER ASPIRE 5630. I do not know whether it has bluetooth hardware or not? Also, its INFRARED PORT is not working. I tried to enable IR port through BIOS settings but it is disabled and can not enable it. can anybody help me.. Thanx
September 17th 08 07:52 AM
by Galen[_2_] Go to last post
1 211
wireless logitech mouse by vi
My wireless mouse keeps freezing on this operating system(vista) but operates fine on computor with xp. Oh to go back but I can't. Says drivers are up to date. Wake up is on but when it goes to sleep or isn't used for a while the mouse freezes. Is there a fix?
June 14th 09 08:17 AM
by bdeancpa Go to last post
9 589
logitech mouse by vi
Since I have changed the batteries both before and after posting with energizer batteries and it still happens on this computor with Vista but not on the computor with xp when I put it there for a week. I have checked to see mif wake up with mouse is enabled it is. Thanks for yuour effforts but I am now mostly using old computor with XP Vista is a pain.
November 3rd 08 05:01 PM
by vi Go to last post
0 315
google goes blah by vi
Has anyone else had Google maps in internet explorer block web pages. The maps api says it can't find the map web page . Other browser does not have this problem?
November 28th 08 04:53 PM
by vi Go to last post
0 272
CD rom not detected by viboart
I install Windows Vista Home Premium and after instalation in device manager appears:"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 39)" for my Sony dvd rw aw-g170 ata device.Please help me!!!! Thank You.
July 24th 07 02:20 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 104
My computer wont stay asleep by vicki
If I push the power button on the start menu, my computer goes to sleep, monitor goes off and hdrive stops spinning, and without touching a thing.....my computer comes back on repeatedly every few minutes. I have tried changing all the power settings, I don't understand why it wont stay asleep. Any suggestions. Vista
February 18th 08 04:58 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
5 133
cant copy and paste by Vicky
yea everytime i highlight something and right click it wont let me copy but i can wait for that little yahoo thing to come up and then click it and click copy but it still wont let me paste
March 13th 08 11:32 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 154
copy and paste by Vicky
i cant copy and paste....i dont know what to do.
March 13th 08 10:39 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
Vista will not install usb drivers for new devices by vicsd12
I have been trying to install a usb flash drive and a wireless notebook optical mouse onto my Lenovo R61 without success very frustrating. I am using Vista SP1. When I attempt to load the devices I receive the following message. WINDOWS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM INSTALLING THE DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE.
July 10th 08 05:58 PM
by oscar Go to last post
2 204
Vista sound playback devices missing speaker by Victag
I just bought a new PC and there is no sound coming out. If I go to the sound icon in Control Panel, there is only an SPDIF playback device showing, and no speaker option. I am not using the SPDIF port on the soundcard, but have my speakers connected to the other plugs (analog I think they are?) I have tried updating the driver with no luck. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 09 02:52 PM
by tracy Go to last post
21 810
Chic USB Browser Mouse by VicTek
I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and today Windows Update (WU) showed a driver for the Chic USB Browser Mouse. Is this a case of WU incorrectly identifying the hardware or is this driver appropriate?
February 15th 07 12:24 AM
by Aaron Kelley Go to last post
6 188
Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM? by VicTek
I currently have Vista Business RTM, but am waiting to install it until I know if my Epson Stylus 880 printer and HP Scanjet 2400 flat-bed scanner will continue to work. Do you know if these devices are currently supported? I cannot find anything on the HP and Epson web sites about Vista support, and Googling the NG's hasn't helped either. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 1st 07 08:40 PM
by Theo Go to last post
10 310
Intel 915 and Aero by Victor Max
JW, Where did you download the Intel 915 graphic driver? i've searched on the intel download area but I didn't see any Vista drivers? can you help me out... I have the strange problem that no DVD Movie will run in the mediaplayer, Vista says there's problably something wrong with the graphics driver... Victor "JW" wrote:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 17th 06 06:31 PM
by RandyH Go to last post

From The