  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Multiple audio outputs by Starrett
With Windows XP I was able to output music to my 5.1 speakers connected to my computer AND to the SPDIF audio out at the same time. I piped the SPDIF to my audio receiver in another room. Both would output at the same time. I can't figure out how to do the same in Vista. You must choose one default. I have searched high and low and surprisingly no one seems to be asking this question. Any...
October 24th 09 11:07 AM
by miltonhork Go to last post
2 200
going from ide HD to Serial ATA HD. by 13th_Panther[_5_]
ok last time i tried this it didn't work. o i am asking for some how to,s . I know that my motherboard is Serial ATA compatible here is the specs Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 600w power supply
October 24th 09 06:03 PM
by 13th_Panther[_9_] Go to last post
2 198
unusual problem with external hard drive by Nikilet
I have an Iomega external hard drive and have never had a problem with it. I only plug it into the computer and turn it on when I want to do backups because I read that greatly extends the life of the drive. Today I plugged it in, turned it on and a window popped up that there were problems with it and I should scan and fix so that there wouldn't be future problems. What was checked was to...
October 25th 09 11:12 AM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
1 222
bluetooth missing from status bar/not able to use bluetooth by mithun mahesh
hi, i am not able to use my bluetooth device in dell lap(vista). bluetooth icon was available in status bar. now that is missing. i can still find the bluetooth icon in control panel. but not able to switch bluetooth on.from control panel tried to edit the settings. but was unsuccesful. error message as the one below is displayed "An error occurred while windows was saving your settings. the...
October 26th 09 07:51 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 204
Vista KSOD installing IDE HDD by ntluser
Hello, Help please? I am trying to install my old IDE HDD in my new Vista PC which is SATA. There is no IDE on the motherboard, so I am using an ITE IT-8212 PCI IDE card. Here's the story so far... Hit the power button to turn the PC off. Installed the new PCI card. Plugged in the IDE HDD. Switched on the PC. It happened to hibernate rather than restore, and came back resuming windows rather...
October 28th 09 12:02 PM
by ntluser Go to last post
0 155
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working by shannon
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working. this is the message I get at start up... what does this mean? Is is fixable?? I KNOW ITS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM -- shannon Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 28th 09 03:18 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 163
Autorun dropdown options went missing by webdigr
Hi, I face a weird issue with my Vista Enterprise edition. Sometime back suddenly one day all the autorun settings disappeared from my system. When I checked the autorun defaults setting from the control panel I see that that dropdowns have gone blank completely. All the default options like "Open folder..", "Take no action", "Ask me everytime", etc. are simply wiped off... No more there!...
October 29th 09 03:03 AM
by webdigr Go to last post
0 123
Hard drive resizing doesn't work... by witten1972
Hi members I have a persistant problem with resizing of my internal hdd. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on a HP Pavilion Elite with an Seagate hard drive of 750gb. Every time I want to resize my drive I get a message stating; "Access denied". The original size is 750gb and I have 3 partitions on it. C=245gb and I want to take 80gb to enlarge my D. D=420gb.
October 29th 09 03:56 PM
by witten1972 Go to last post
2 182
Blue screen during sleep mode by chipper229
When the computer is in sleep mode for many hours or overnight, I wake it up to find that that it has rebooted and logging in produces a dialogue box telling me it had an unexpected shutdown.  90% of the time when this happens, the "check for solution" produces nothing.  But occassionally it offers two possible solutions: Disable Receive Window Auto-tuning, and disable your...
October 30th 09 09:39 PM
by chipper229 Go to last post
0 141
Installing Video Card by Doug[_17_]
I just installed a ATI Sapphire 4830 DDR3 Video card.My motherboard has on board video,ATI 4200?? I booted up was still using on board video.I uninstalled ATI drivers and software.The screen blinked and changed to 88x600,looked like safe mode.It said to restart.I booted up and no video.I tried onboard and new card.I know it is booting into windows.I can hear the music . I tried getting into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 09 05:14 PM
by Doug[_17_] Go to last post
19 287
Keyboard Skipping Around by Wandering Flame
Sorry if this has been addressed before. Basically many times when I'm typing on my 1515 inspiron laptop, the cursor just jumps to a random location on the paper, and sometimes even maximizes minimized windows I have minimized, so it seems it just makes wherever mouse is on the screen, click, so that where the mouse was the cursor is at now, and if the mouse was on a minimized window then...
October 24th 09 12:45 AM
by Wandering Flame Go to last post
2 171
increase volume by baejor
anyone know how i can increase the volume that my notebook plays back at? i have an aspire 5050, have tried to download the new realtek drivers that i was told about in a previous thread (but to no avail) and subsequently reinstalled the original driver. the windows master volume doesnt get loud enough, wmp doesnt get loud enough if i adjust its sliders as well, and i have to use the old...
October 23rd 09 12:54 AM
by skatterbraine Go to last post
4 173
PL-2301 USB to USB Bridge Controller by Knowledge Worker
Hi I need assistance in installing a USB to USB Bridge cable Description: Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is...
October 25th 09 10:32 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 441
Western Digital My Book 500 gb External by DFisher2323
I purchased this drive and it was working fine until now. When I plug it into the computer it does not recognize the HDD. :sa: The problem started after I reformmatted the CPU. I am running Vista Ultimate 32. Any suggestions? -- DFisher2323
October 27th 09 02:45 PM
by ainvar99 Go to last post
4 163
Memory dump error while installing Windows by saeen
Hello I was working on pc like on daily routine and accidently there was a power failure. After that my my windows XP got corrupted. Now when I try to install windows xp or any windows i get error of memory dump. I tired to install through USB but getting the same error. Does my RAM's got damaged or what is the problem. Please help. Regards --
October 24th 09 09:14 PM
by LG[_2_] Go to last post
2 232
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT by John A Grandy[_2_]
Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 In Computer Management Display adapters , I have NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT listed twice. Does anyone know why that would be ? Should I take any action ?
October 23rd 09 03:27 AM
by faithlessdevil Go to last post
8 179
TI PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller by John A Grandy[_2_]
Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 Does anyone know where to get the latest TI PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller ? I went to ti.com but I have never experienced a worse website for the purpose of locating & downloading drivers. I couldn't find it. ( In contract, nVIDIA's website is so easy it's almost impossible not to quickly find the correct driver. )
October 30th 09 04:03 AM
by karnyks22[_8_] Go to last post
4 152
bluescreen error by trichar
My computer shuts down over and over with a bluescreen error my windows diagnosis box says that it has to do with the audio system. I have tried going into my event viewer and fixing the problem but couldn't fix it. Is there anything else i can try on my own to fix this problem?
October 24th 09 09:20 PM
by LG[_2_] Go to last post
3 258
Prevent disk from shutting down by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle, how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing a lag when I try to write to it. thanks Daniel
October 27th 09 07:46 AM
by pakistanboy Go to last post
3 137
Erratic mouse by Bill Leary
Windows Vista Ultimate, 32 bit version. All updates installed. I've been using a basic Microsoft USB wireless mouse the entire time I've had Vista on this machine. About a week back it started having some problems. Wouldn't always scroll when the scroll wheel was turned, didn't always select when a button was clicked, even though I heard the switch in the mouse click, and didn't move...
October 30th 09 01:09 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post

From The