Where has the sound gone? by ki450751
Have a Toshiba Equium running 32bit Vista home premium. Sound was fine until last Friday (after 2 years of ownership). Sound also works when I switch the PC on but then stops after the PC has gone into hibernation mode. Checked the Device Manager. This states the speakers are working OK. Checked the Volume Mixer in bottom right hand corner of screen. When playing
November 10th 09 03:44 PM
by lovingadeel Go to last post
3 167
MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory by BoereA
Hi, everyone! I have a Medion MD8833 computer. It has an MS7502 motherboard inside (an OEM from MSI). After having consulted medion's website, Intel's website and Medion's support desk about 8 GB support on this Mobo, I bought myself an ultimate X64 license and 4 2GB strips of memory. Well, the BIOS states 8GB, vista states 8GB installed memory and says: total memory 3325MB.
November 10th 09 05:03 PM
by jpldk Go to last post
5 253
DVD RW Drive Problem by JamesJ[_4_]
What would cause Vista x32 sp2 to all of a sudden not see my DVD RW Drive. I went to open it today and nothing happened. I checked 'Computer' and the device wasn't there. I checked BIOS and it showed as 'None'. The only option in the BIOS other than 'None' was 'Disabled' I opened my computer and checked the ribbon which seemed to be connected ok. After jiggling the ribbon and checking the...
November 11th 09 03:55 PM
by JamesJ[_4_] Go to last post
0 162
Cannot write to drive "Media is write protected" by bogus83
Hi all, This seems to be a new development, and I'm stumped. I've got three internal hard drives- one housing Vista Ultimate x64, one housing Ubuntu 8.04 x64, and one being used for storage for both OS's. Up until recently they've cooperated nicely. Now, the storage drive (drive E:\) will not let me write to it. I cannot rename, delete, cut, or write any new files to any part of that drive. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 09 01:57 PM
by compaid Go to last post
42 1,395
No Line-In, Aux, Mono, CD-Audio on Brand New Computer with Vista by queenjane
For some reason, when I go to the sounds folder in Control Panel and look at my sound devices, the only thing that shows is the built-in microphone. I have no line-in, aux, mono, cd-stereo, et cetera... those drivers just aren't there! Gone! I got this computer YESTERDAY and I can't edit any sound whatsoever unless it is recorded from my microphone. I am pretty p.o.ed. Why on earth would...
November 13th 09 07:03 AM
by Bullwinkle's news Go to last post
1 251
USB CONTROLLER CORRUPTION... by oc9ine[_2_]
Hi, I have Windows 7. Recently my little brother inserted a usb drive in which file and folder are just garbled up. I checked but there was no virus. What happened that windows usb controller system broke down, it was just reporting two un-indentified devices and did not work and was refusing to detect even my other usb devices other than usb drive.(I had to restore windows 7 from its...
November 13th 09 12:00 PM
by oc9ine[_2_] Go to last post
0 171
USB CONTROLLER CORRUPTION... by oc9ine[_2_]
Hi, I have Windows 7. Recently my little brother inserted a usb drive in which file and folder are just garbled up. I checked but there was no virus. What happened that windows usb controller system broke down, it was just reporting two un-indentified devices and did not work and was refusing to detect even my other usb devices other than usb drive.(I had to restore windows 7 from its...
November 13th 09 12:00 PM
by oc9ine[_2_] Go to last post
0 164
default folder by Bill Sauve'
Hi, I want to know how to change the default folder location of Windows Media player to the "Public Music" folder under the Public folder. The reason being is that I have multiple users on one computer, but we all would like to share the music I've downloaded to my library. I'm interested in setting the default download folder to "Public Music" then copy everything I have so far over...
November 13th 09 10:55 PM
by Bill Sauve' Go to last post
0 157
DVD RW Drive Problem by JamesJ[_4_]
What would cause Vista x32 sp2 to all of a sudden not see my DVD RW Drive. I went to open it today and nothing happened. I checked 'Computer' and the device wasn't there. I checked BIOS and it showed as 'None'. The only option in the BIOS other than 'None' was 'Disabled' I opened my computer and checked the ribbon which seemed to be connected ok. After jiggling the ribbon and checking the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 14th 09 01:41 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
22 578
default folder by Bill Sauve'
Hi, I want to know how to change the default folder location of Windows Media player to the "Public Music" folder under the Public folder. The reason being is that I have multiple users on one computer, but we all would like to share the music I've downloaded to my library. I'm interested in setting the default download folder to "Public Music" then copy everything I have so far over...
November 14th 09 03:48 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 278
iTunes took over autoplay by djclae
I've searched for help with this specific problem but have found none. I installed iTunes sometime ago to rip CDs, and really regret it. It took over the autoplay for when an audio CD is inserted, and the system completely ignores what I have set for the handler (Windows Media Player). So today I finally got around to just completely uninstalling iTunes, and it didn't fix the problem. Now the...
November 14th 09 04:34 AM
by djclae Go to last post
0 163
USB Device Not Recognized by rameshparajuli
It could be problem with the your USB port. First of all you have to try with rear side port if not solved then you have to installed chipset driver again. -- rameshparajuli ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rameshparajuli's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154633.htm View this thread:...
November 14th 09 06:04 AM
by rameshparajuli Go to last post
0 144
Device Driver Issue by Maurice
Have used a digital camera for a few years. Until this week, Visat Ultimate has recognized the device. I am now prompted in a panel that appears to select the device from a list that only has the name Xerox. The only other option is to supply a disc... none came with the camera because it was buitl to be recognized. I did however try to point to system32. The required file is...
November 14th 09 12:05 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
0 132
Device Driver Issue by Maurice
Have used a digital camera for a few years. Until this week, Visat Ultimate has recognized the device. I am now prompted in a panel that appears to select the device from a list that only has the name Xerox. The only other option is to supply a disc... none came with the camera because it was buitl to be recognized. I did however try to point to system32. The required file is...
November 15th 09 03:07 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 215
Driver problem by Coach Jon
I've been having some issues with what I think is my driver. The info from the driver is: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 5/9/2009 5:41 PM) I experience significant lag spikes while playing any online games or streaming any media via the internet. I'll be fine for a few minutes, then lag or significantly buffer for a few, then back to...
November 15th 09 10:57 AM
by Coach Jon Go to last post
0 149
Use of Image Backup cd by Arico
Hi I would like to know if I make a full image back-up cd of my laptop will any one else who gets hold of this cd or back-up disk be able to booth in another pc or laptop, and access my files in their. in short can a backup disk be used in another pc or laptop. -- George Mathias
November 15th 09 01:57 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
6 237
Driver problem by Coach Jon
I've been having some issues with what I think is my driver. The info from the driver is: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 5/9/2009 5:41 PM) I experience significant lag spikes while playing any online games or streaming any media via the internet. I'll be fine for a few minutes, then lag or significantly buffer for a few, then back to...
November 15th 09 07:34 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 210
Mouse HID Device driver loading twice by No Name
I have a Logitech cordless MX-1000 mouse running with Vista Home Premium. It has been working fine until recently (don't know what caused the problem) and now the right button does not work in certain instances such as getting the list of programs to show when clicking the Start button and some download buttons in IE. I have opened Device Manager and find that the hid compliant device...
November 15th 09 07:37 PM
by No Name Go to last post
0 140
STOP: 0x00000124 happens randomly when I play Sims 2 by vovillia
I got a new computer about 3 weeks ago, and for the past 2, I get the STOP: 0x00000124 as few seconds after the computer freezes on me when I play the Sims 2 game, I notice sometimes right before I suspect the computer to crash when I play the game is that I hear a tone that one of my devices would shut off, and all of a sudden the computer goes really slow and then freezes and half the time, I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 09 08:29 PM
by yvert89 Go to last post
11 362
Mouse HID Device driver loading twice by No Name
I have a Logitech cordless MX-1000 mouse running with Vista Home Premium. It has been working fine until recently (don't know what caused the problem) and now the right button does not work in certain instances such as getting the list of programs to show when clicking the Start button and some download buttons in IE. I have opened Device Manager and find that the hid compliant device...
November 15th 09 09:45 PM
by Bob Go to last post

From The