Speedstep by VistaLover
Hi, I've just installed build 5744 on my HP NC6400 T7200 cpu. And I see that the CPU is running on max speed (2GHz) even if I'm in powersaver mode. When i run XP Pro I get about 4 hours batt. time, but now i get 2 hours :-( Does anyone else have the same problem or have the solution?
October 15th 06 10:17 AM
by VistaLover Go to last post
0 141
Speedstep by VistaLover
Hi, I've just installed build 5744 on my HP NC6400 T7200 cpu. And I see that the CPU is running on max speed (2GHz) even if I'm in powersaver mode. When i run XP Pro I get about 4 hours batt. time, but now i get 2 hours :-( Does anyone else have the same problem or have the solution?
October 15th 06 10:18 AM
by VistaLover Go to last post
0 161
PC Speaker option in volume control box by vistanew
Good evening, my outside computer speakers are not working; I opened the volume control box and noticed that the pc speaker column is unhighlited (innactive); clicked "options" at the upper corner of the box, and the advanced control (option) is unhighlited, innactive. Suggestions?
December 7th 07 02:43 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 110
Lost data on SD card by vistanewbie
After inserting the SD card in my computer, I selected to view the files. I stared scrolling down the list of thumbnails. I went to the bottom to view the last picture when explorer froze. I then closed explorer I then removed the SD card from the reader
June 20th 08 06:30 AM
by camron123 Go to last post
4 236
1900+ rpm fan speed by vistar
my psu fan was going fast (and loud) so i decided to see wat its rpm was on an app called speedfan...adn turns out it goes over 1900 rpm. i shut off the comp for 3 hrs and go back on and the fan speed increases to 1900 rpm in 5 min. is that normal or no??? is there a way to manually change the fan speed.
January 3rd 08 03:10 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
5 105
Unknown Device by vistarocks
Does anyone know what this is? ACPI\FUJ02B1 Its a Fujitsu N3410, running Windows Vista Ultimate.
June 13th 08 03:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 210
video gone! by vistarocks
Well, my computer with 2 partitions with windows vista, wouldnt go further than the boot up screen, it would just frezze. So i would restart and it would keep on frezzing so i just turn it off and removed the memory cards. put them back .. but then i cant even see anything on the monitor i dont hear any beeps i hear the fans and open my computer the computer seems on. Now i dont know what i...
April 8th 07 08:04 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 152
firewire external hard drive problem by vistarocks
when copying large files to a firewire external hard drive vista frezzes and never finishes the copying. I have Windows Vista Ultimate, and the firewire hard drive is a QPS Que! QPM3HDU280L M3 USB 2.0 80GB.
January 11th 08 07:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 119
My computer turns on and off ramdomly by vistarocks
whenever i turn on my computer the computer will turn on for 5 seconds then turn off then turn on again and then off for a loop unless i disconnect the power cable this computer was built by myself about 3 years ago Intel motherboard-d865perl Intel processor 2.60 hyper threading Windows Vista Ultimate/Windows XP 1 gb ram generic 3 fans not...
October 9th 07 05:36 PM
by andy Go to last post
7 184
PC makes noises when controller is plugged in by vistar[_3_]
Usually when I'm playing games, I play with my wired XBOX 360 controller, anyways...its plugged into my front usb port. So while im playing, after 10 min. the PC starts to make noise (humming noise). So i was wondering if theres anything wrong with the controller or the PC (because when i plug in my ipod to recharge for 1 hr it doesnt make humming noise even once). Plz i need a solution and...
May 11th 08 11:30 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 154
Vista Hidden Tools, Tips, Tricks and More!! by [email protected]
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance,What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools,Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 24th 07 04:09 AM
by Drew Go to last post
1 110
Windows Vista Tips and Tricks ! by [email protected]
What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools, Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, Change Vista's Defaults, Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance, Networking Vista,Using USB keys to improve Vista performance and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
August 1st 07 03:19 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 109
Vista Tricks, Tips and Hidden Tools! by [email protected]
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance, Networking Vista,Using USB keys to improve Vista performance ,What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools, Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 19th 07 02:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 136
USB thumbdrive detected but not shown in VistaExplorer or Command- by VistaUser
When i plug in a USB thumbdrive, 2 possible scenarios: (1) Device manager detects the USB device as a Disk drive. Explorer does not show Drive icon. When i click on 'Policy' tab of this device, my Drive property dialog box 'hangs'. The 'Optimize for Performance' is checked, but the whole 'Policy' tab is greyed out, i.e., not user-selectable. (2) Device manager detects the device and it...
March 21st 07 07:04 AM
by VistaUser Go to last post
3 113
Vista cannot bootup when USB thumb drive is plugged in by VistaUser
I am running Vista Business on a Dell Optiplex 745. During Bootup, if i have a USB thumb drive plugged in before the Welcome screen, my PC goes into a perpetual 'hanging' mode (with no signal to Monitor). Only when i plug out my thumb drive does the PC carry on with the Bootup procedure.
March 21st 07 07:09 AM
by VistaUser Go to last post
3 101
SATA + AGP Ati = constant crushing by VistaUser
My specs is: Pentium 4HT 3.0/Intel D865PERL motherboard/1Gb 2x512 (kingston+hynix)/320 G Western Digital WD3200JS SATA/ 128M Radeon 9500/Audigy SE/Dualscreen. After i changed old-ATA drive to new SATA which im using now, my PC became crushing constantly (every 5-10 min or so on display switching off and only reboot helps. In 1 of 5 cases im just getting empty BSOD). That time my OS was...
December 24th 07 12:23 AM
by roy69[_124_] Go to last post
1 87
Firsts problems with Vista Ultimate RTM (x86) by VistaUser
1º. nForce4 MCP Drivers (Enthernet controller) Provided by Microsoft (Native) don't negotiate a speed of 1Gigabit, in TaskBar appear as Gigabit when unplugged, but whem plugged only work at 100Mbps. 2º. Radeon X550 with Monitor PnP Provided by Microsoft (Native) don't return the correct resolution. I have a display with a max resolution 1280x768 and the max Windows resolution is 1024x768....
November 17th 06 12:45 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
3 156
Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device by VistaUser[_2_]
I use a USB drive to backup my PC. I do NOT use the "schedule" feature of my backup software because I prefer to backup manually, on my terms, when the PC is not in use. When I plug in the USB drive, or even from a fresh boot with the USB drive already plugged in, I am unable to "safely remove" it. When I attempt to remove it by using the "Safely Remove Hardware" program, I get an...
November 20th 09 05:59 PM
by jolie4u Go to last post
6 215
Help with bluetooth syncing by VistaVick
Running Vista RC2, the latest windows mobile device center, and a toshiba branded usb bluetooth adapter. I am able to sync fine with a usb cable. But I have been unable to wirelessly sync my dell axim x30 pda with mobile device center through bluetooth. The pda runs windows mobile 2003. I have tried doing so with the generic bluetooth drivers windows installed with the usb adapter and...
October 23rd 06 08:23 PM
by Jari H Go to last post
1 157
USB Bluetooth adapters with Vista by VistaVick
Are there are any that fully work? Tried a toshiba one and while it shows up in the device manager, I get no bluetooth menu in the control panel to turn discovery on. I really need one in order to sync my pda with mobile device center.
February 15th 07 04:59 AM
by conman29 Go to last post

From The