Delay power off by voidcoder
Hi, I'm currently working on a project with some specific storage which internally does a lot of write buffering. The whole thing is working perfect except of a single problem: when shutting down/suspending/hibernating/ rebooting or whatever the power is cut too fast and the storage (it is USB bus powered) is not able to complete the cached pending writes thus we are loosing/corrupting data. Is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 08 08:39 PM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
12 296
USB devices not present after suspend mode (!?) by Volkan Senguel
Hi, since the SP1 are installed i have this behaviour that if the PC was in the suspend (standby) mode and wakes up all usb devices are out off function (!?) this hapens not every time, only (i asume) around 5% from the wakup! the pc its a mediacenter and if no usb devices are available like the remote control, keyboard or mouse... its not funny is there a way that vista can...
May 28th 08 09:04 AM
by Volkan Senguel Go to last post
0 166
Drivers for Soundblaster Live! Gamer on Vista (RC1) by voowe2
Has anyone been able to get the sound to work in Vista Beta (RC1)? I have installed Vista (RC1), and am very impressed with it. However, I have no sound. I have visited Creatives web site, and Soundblaster, but they have indicated on their web site that they will not provide driver support for Beta Vista before it final release. Strange though, I used to have sound before (RC1) was...
October 4th 06 11:51 AM
by voowe2 Go to last post
0 160
drivers for soundblaster live! gamer on Vista (RC1) by voowe2
Have you been able to get the sound to work in Vista Beta (RC1)? I too have installed Vista (RC1), and am very impressed with it. However, I have no sound. I have visited Creatives web site, and Soundblaster, but they have indicated on their web site that they will not provide driver support for Beta Vista before it final release. I had sound using the same sound card with Vista before...
October 4th 06 11:53 AM
by voowe2 Go to last post
0 141
Drivers for Soundblaster Live! Gamer in Vista by voowe2
Have you been able to get the sound to work in Vista Beta (RC1)? I too have installed Vista (RC1), and am very impressed with it. However, I have no sound. I have visited Creatives web site, and Soundblaster, but they have indicated on their web site that they will not provide driver support for Beta Vista before it final release. I had sound within the other Vista Beta I tested, using...
October 4th 06 06:58 PM
by Mario Go to last post
1 230
The strangest thing happened on my way to get sound out of Vista by voowe2
I hope someone out in the forum can help me understand this: I can't figure out for the life of me, why after installing the previous version of Windows Vista Beta 2 that I got sound out it with my current sound card: Soundblaster Live! gamer. But now with this new version: Windows Vista (RC1), I can't get sound out it. Using the same sound card. I can't believe Microsoft would release a...
October 7th 06 02:02 AM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
7 237
CD/DVD Rom Issue by Vorinia
I've tried searching for a similar issue to mine, but can find nothing that works thus far so I'll post this in hope that someone can help. My DVD/CD-ROM Drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B SCSI CdRom Device (as listed in Device Manager) and will no longer burn anything. Due to my lack of experience with Vista, previously I had installed Nero 6 and 7 (at different times) and Roxio MyDVD8 and...
November 28th 07 12:13 AM
by Vorinia Go to last post
4 114
STOP: 0x00000124 happens randomly when I play Sims 2 by vovillia
I got a new computer about 3 weeks ago, and for the past 2, I get the STOP: 0x00000124 as few seconds after the computer freezes on me when I play the Sims 2 game, I notice sometimes right before I suspect the computer to crash when I play the game is that I hear a tone that one of my devices would shut off, and all of a sudden the computer goes really slow and then freezes and half the time, I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 09 09:29 PM
by yvert89 Go to last post
11 361
Mouse is not reacting by VR6CH
Hi, I have lately a problem that the mouse that I have (Labtec) is suddenly stopping to respond. I checked the batteries of course and its not that. The keyboard (same make) is working without a problem. The only way of making it work ok is to press CTRL ALT DEL and then the mouse starts to work in the options menu (Log Off, ....... Task Manager). After I click on the Task Mgr and it goes...
October 9th 06 06:04 PM
by VR6CH Go to last post
0 125
Vista restarts itself because of Nvidia + TV Card problem. by VR6CH
Hi, I have a problem with 2 hardwares. First is the Nvidia 5200 card with 128mb. At some point during the operation, the Vista restarts itself and gives me a fault in the nvlddmkm file. Also when i am trying to run media player it starts to say that this module of the graphic card stopped reacting and has recovered. I have installed the latest drivers (Vista drivers) for my Nvidia...
October 8th 06 08:26 PM
by VR6CH Go to last post
2 140
Gaming/Hardware by VRG Admin
Hey all, we are in need of reviews of new games and hardware for Vista. The way we want it setting up is to give you a dedicated sub-forum or sub-domain to work in. If you feel you could help us out please contact us. VRG Admin
June 18th 07 05:06 PM
by VRG Admin Go to last post
2 214
New nForce Drivers by VRG Admin
Hey all, the new nForce Vista Drivers are out :-) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html 32 bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html 64 bit Games seem to be running better now, they are nearly there !!!! Comments on these Drivers ? Post them here please:
May 5th 07 06:22 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 113
Hardware Reviews by VRG Admin
Any of you Vista Owners want to write about the new Hardware in your system ? If so please read the post in the VRG forum. Cheers ------------------------------------ http://drivers.vistareadygames.com/ ------------------------------ www.VistaReadyGames.com
April 13th 07 07:27 PM
by VRG Admin Go to last post
0 142
New nVidia Vista 32 Bit Drivers by VRG Admin
Downloaded and tried the 101.70 Beta today. Just made my GFX card overheat and restart (7950 GX2) Back to the "stable" 101.41 Beta Driver for the while. Anyone else tried the new Beta yet ? VRG Admin -- ------------------------------------
April 10th 07 02:52 AM
by JW Go to last post
2 147
Vista Drivers by VRG Admin
We have set up a sister site to run along our Games site. This will hold links for Vista Drivers both 32 and 64 bit. http://drivers.vistareadygames.com/index.php Please add ANY Vista Drivers that you use. Cheers all. VRG Admin
March 26th 07 06:30 PM
by VRG Admin Go to last post
6 139
Windows Update resolved my NIC driver issue by vulpes
Can anyone offer a solution my 3Com #c905b won't work with RC 1 when it tries to install the driver i receive an error the data is invalid, i have tried 3 different NIC's none will work. anyone got ideas? "Pete" wrote: Hello to all, Here´s a tip for everyone that can´t seem to find drivers for your network card that works with Windows Vista:
September 29th 06 09:45 PM
by vulpes Go to last post
0 261
WIRELESS network adapter FAILURE on Vista ONLY AFTER SLEEP by Vulture
1. My network has ALWAYS failed upon RESUME FROM SLEEP using a WIRELESS connection via a NETGEAR WN121T wireless-N USB 2.0 adapter, but NOT when using a wired Ethernet connection. 2. It also works perfectly from BOOT via the WN121T wireless connection with my NETGEAR DG834N draft 802.11n (and another 802.11g) wireless modem/router on Windows Vista Ultimate, both with and without the SP1...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 08 03:24 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
12 333
Unable to copy a 5 gig file by vvenk
Hello: I have a 5 gig file that I am trying to copy an external USB hard disk but I get an error message, "File too large to copy". It says that the file is too large for the destination file system, even though I have 210 gig space on it. Any ideas? Venki
July 26th 08 01:14 AM
by vvenk Go to last post
3 225
cd-r inaccessible to blank disc by vwbrewer
My CD-R seems to be working fine. It plays music, and works fine with all my cd's, new or recorded. The problem is that it shows up as inaccessible with blank disc's. I've tryed 10 of them from several different manufacturers. Any suggestions?
June 16th 08 03:23 PM
by vwbrewer Go to last post
0 177
Blank CD-r by vwbrewer
My Dell Dimension E510 will not recognize a blank CD-R disc. Works fine with every other disc. Have tried several blank discs with same result: D:/ is not accessible, incorrect function. I reloaded the driver, but nothing has changed. From what I've read on this forum, should I try some more blank discs, or try something else?
June 18th 08 07:59 PM
by vwbrewer Go to last post

From The