Realtek sound and 4.1 speakers by pele35uk
Hi all Can't get my rear 4.1 cambridge speakers to work. The 2.1 works fine. When i try to open the Realtek panel it comes up with an error and won't open. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance --
September 20th 06 03:18 PM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
2 214
5.25 inch Floppy by PaulB
Not that anyone cares, but VISTA RC1 will recognize and read an old 5.25 inch floppy drive. -- Paul
September 20th 06 02:59 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
5 167
Can not install Disc Title printer by JewelsH
The message is: A service installation section in this INF is invalid. I downloaded the newest driver from the manufacturer's website. Anybody have a clue if there is anything that I can do to get this running in Vista? Guess I'll have to go back to XP to use this device.
September 20th 06 02:24 PM
by JewelsH Go to last post
0 200
Windows Vista Build 5600 and Ess1869f Sound by Keith
Has anyone been able to get the Es1869F sound drivers fo vista, I have looked everywhere. Would like to use the onboard sound. Compaq en P500 Thanks
September 20th 06 01:01 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 194
Windows Vista and ess1869f by Keith
Hello, I have installed (upgraded) Windows Vista RC1 build 5600, and having real hard time finding sound card drivers for the ESS1869F, I know I can put another soundcard in, but would like to know if, I can get the onboard working. Compaq Deskpo P500 En Eveyrthing esle works fine. Thanks
September 20th 06 01:00 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 251
Video card selection question by Jim
I have the 9500 and it works great. "Tom Scales" wrote: "cadle" wrote in message ... Hello. I would like to ask what the -least expensive- video card that has an ATI chipset, which will run Vista (and Aero). I do no gaming, only minor
September 20th 06 11:45 AM
by cabogy Go to last post
1 386
Can't install sound card and raid drivers. by super_canard
Those 2 are unsigned, and non native it seems: promise Tx2 plus and creative soundblaster audigy2 Zs. I just got Vista Rc1 installed this morning, and already running into some issues. When I install the drivers I got off the web for x64, it says either error, or unsigned drivers blah blah blah...
September 20th 06 08:00 AM
by super_canard Go to last post
1 264
Nvidia Geforce Go 7200 Series - Vista Drivers by Hobert Burnett
Is there an update when a stable release for the Nvidia Geforce Go 7200 Series drives will be avaliable. If I disable hardware acceleration all is well, but as soon and I enable hardware acceleration I get to see the BIG blue over here . . . Hobert
September 20th 06 05:26 AM
by Hobert Burnett Go to last post
2 242
ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder supported in Vista's Media Center? by Phillip Pi
Hello! How can I get Windows Vista RC1 b5600 to work with this old video card with its own TV tuner? I did not see All-In-Wonder drivers on ati.com. Vista and its Media Center didn't detect my TV tuner either. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
September 20th 06 04:54 AM
by glugglug Go to last post
5 337
Can't install Nvidia 96.33 on upgraded XP to Vista machine by Marc
When I run 96.33_forceware_winvista_x86_international.exe on Vista RC1 (32 bit, build 5600) I get the following error. Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This setup program and its associated drivers are designed to run only on Windows Visa. The installation will be terminated. Why does the 96.33 install program think I am not running under Windows
September 20th 06 04:23 AM
by Marc Go to last post
4 209
Dell Dimension XPS Gen 5 Issues by Tom
No sound at the moment. Device driver shows I have a problem with multimedia audio controller. I also show a problme with PCI input device Any suggestions? I have tried letting it search the windows.old folder and the Dell device driver CD without luck.
September 20th 06 03:16 AM
by Ed Go to last post
1 155
Vista x64 finally up on RAID (nForce4) ... by Jon Davis
Well, after at least twenty or so failed or invalid installs of Windows Vista, I finally got Windows Vista x64 installed straight to my RAID array (nForce4). I had tried every combination ... boot with DVD, insert CD-ROM or USB drive or floppy with RC1 drivers or Beta 2 drivers or XP x64 drivers ... install XP x64 on secondary hard drive or extended partition, boot from it, then install...
September 20th 06 01:51 AM
by Bill Go to last post
6 209
USB hard drives can't be removed, BY DESIGN! by Norman Diamond
I installed Vista RC1 in a notebook, connected a USB hard drive, copied a file from the USB hard drive to the internal hard drive, and then clicked on the icon in the notification area (system tray) to ask for permission to disconnect the USB hard drive. Permission denied. Repeated it several times, asking for permission to safely remove the USB hard drive, being denied. I submitted a bug...
September 20th 06 01:47 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
5 386
Lost Video display - Cannot see anything by RickALO
Intryingtoresolve a video driver issue,I have lost all display display...sowhen the system reboots, I only have a black screen... I have tried restarting in safe mode, reduced display, and even restoring to an old load point.. nothing works.. when I reinstall the Vista cd to reload, it says it will wipe out all data when it reloads... any suggestions on alternative ways to get my display...
September 20th 06 01:33 AM
by momalle1 Go to last post
1 155
HSP56 Micromodem by PaulB
I have this modem installed with VISTA RC1 and XP Home. I was able to find a driver on the following site that works. I hope it is okay to show the link. http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1339 -- Paul
September 20th 06 01:26 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
0 138
Vaio t150 display issue - Firefox shakes by Kittie
I know this sounds funny but New web tabs in Firefox 1.5.0.2 (?) Shake like there is an earthquake. If you open up enough it goes away for a while but comes back. Is it display driver? or Firefix? I hate the new IE7 by the way.
September 20th 06 01:09 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 121
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by billbrasky
Same deal here. My BIOS and Linux both see all 4GB of RAM, but Vista (x86) only sees 3GB of it. I'm also experiencing lots of BSODs with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" errors. If I remove 2GB, everything works just fine... "geo85706" wrote: Vista does not see the extra gig of memory, i have 4 1 gig ddr400 memory installed and the motherboard sees it but vista don't.
September 20th 06 01:08 AM
by billbrasky Go to last post
0 118
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by billbrasky
Same deal here. My BIOS and Linux both see all 4GB of RAM, but Vista (x86) only sees 3GB of it. I'm also experiencing lots of BSODs with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" errors. If I remove 2GB, everything works just fine... "geo85706" wrote: Vista does not see the extra gig of memory, i have 4 1 gig ddr400 memory installed and the motherboard sees it but vista don't. -- geo
September 20th 06 01:08 AM
by billbrasky Go to last post
0 112
Toshiba Tecra M1 Video - Trident Cyber-XP4 Adapter by ken
Has anyone seen information on a Vista Compatible driver for the Trident Cyber-XP4 Adapter to be used on a Toshiba M1? A standard install of RC1 brings the video up as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Thanks.
September 20th 06 01:00 AM
by ken Go to last post
0 156
X-FI creative soundCard \ wirelless usb adapter alcatel 121g 802.1 by Mafra
i have install Windows Vista RC1 64 bit but i have 2 problems first creative X fi drivers and i already look in creative web site but the driver´s dont work. And most amazing is the wirelless usb adapter dont work, and i can´t find driver´s for this, in Win. XP sp2 i never install any driver for this device just plug in. If any one want to help Ps thank´s
September 20th 06 12:49 AM
by Mafra Go to last post

From The