  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
HP Scanjet 5590 by Steve Novak
The driver seems to load and when I look at the scanner in the "device manager" it reports that it is working properly but when I try to access the properties in the control panel I don't get a responce. When I try the Windows Fax and Scan I get noe responce from the "scan" button and when I try the Sacn Settings the window shows no deviced but when I go to add one I get an error message...
January 5th 07 12:47 PM
by Theo Go to last post
5 344
Realtek HD Audio and SP2 by Rojo Habe[_3_]
After installing SP2 I noticed that Windows had replaced my Realtek HD Audio driver with its own older version. It also now appears twice in the Device Manager; I can remove one of them with no ill effects but it is redetected at next boot and reinstalled. So I removed both of them, installed the latest Realtek driver and rebooted. Now I still have two instances - one (called Realtek High...
June 18th 09 07:15 PM
by Rojo Habe[_4_] Go to last post
5 344
Cd/dvd rom wont read cd's. by eadeadspace
I have an emachine w3619 with dual core 2160 intel, 1.5 gig ram and windows vista 32 bit home premium. Recently my cd/dvd drive stopped reading cds. When i went into device manager it said the device was functioning properly and the drivers were up to date. I uninstalled the cd/dvd rom drive and restarted that did not fix the problem either. I deleted the upper and lower filters through regedit...
July 1st 09 09:30 PM
by GTS Go to last post
5 344
0xBE_nt!CmpFileWriteThroughCache+98 by Dan in Ohio
Anybody know what the resolution to this error is? My Internet Explorer 8 continues to shut down and this is the error I discovered using the MS help, but they don't have a solution.
January 12th 10 04:22 PM
by Dan in Ohio Go to last post
0 344
No Audio Device Installed . . . and Video. by ragu
What a mess! Windows Vista automatic updates kicked in 3 days ago on my Gateway. Since then, I have no audio and my video works at 1/4 pace. I've tried reinstalling the audio and video drivers (Sigma Tel, ATI, ADI High Def, etc.) multiple times from both Microsoft and Gateway using all the trouble shooting information I can find. Properties states the audio is working properly, but the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:14 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
10 344
DVD drive tray opens when clicked in Explorer by com64
Whoever at microsoft came up with this 'feature' should be shot. I've hunted and hunted for a way out of this but can't come up with anything. The problem is this: whenever I click on a DVD drive in explorer, the damn tray door opens. Because I have doors on my computer, this basically damages the tray and is an all-around annoyance. If I'm going to put a disc in I'll use the button on...
June 13th 08 01:24 AM
by bobt Go to last post
3 344
AHCI-SATA-IDE by Don
I installed a WD Raptor under IDE mode, which was a mistake. I'd like to change it over to AHCI or RAID. If I change from IDE to AHCI in the bios I get a BSOD, which I expected. I have all of the drivers necessary for ACHI and raid on a memory stick. Is there a way to get the system to recognize the drivers so I can switch over to AHCI without having to do a complete reinstall with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 07 02:54 AM
by Fetterbr Go to last post
10 344
Vista ratings. by Reon & Corrina Hocking
I have just installed Vista Home Premium, have a Radeon 256mb agp card, Vista drivers etc, etc, but for some reason, Vista has rated my graphics performance at 1...How do I improve this? I have updated everything.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 01:59 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
11 344
Disk Management Not Working? by TJ90
I'm not entirely sure this hsould go here because I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. Basically, when I go into Disk Management, my interal hard drive, external USB harddrive (Western Digital) and Disk Drive are all unreadable. I am certain it was fine when I first installed Vista as I formatted and partitioned both the internal and external HD. I have tried rescanning and resetting my...
July 23rd 09 02:09 PM
by TJ90 Go to last post
8 343
Computer shuts down. by Kristoffer
Hello! I just wanted to ask why this is, a friend of mine has a computer, its not vista doubt. It just Windows XP. So, it shuts down without any error or anything, I mean like your surfing on the web and the computer shutsdown and restarts, what can the issue with this be? I mean, it just turns off, without any warning, It turns pitchblack and the computer turns on agian. I helpt him...
June 22nd 09 06:37 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
6 343
higher screen resolution... by mc8569
I just bought a small tv monitor, 26", that takes s vid, rgb, hdmi, all that. but i hooked up rgb to the monitor, and running from an ati radeon x1200, using their designated Catalyst Control Center, it would not let me use a higher resoltuion than 1360x768, there is also a 1280x1024 resolution. there are a few, and i mean a few, more, but they are all lower resolutions than that. i was...
October 26th 08 11:28 PM
by r2rnot Go to last post
3 343
Memory installation by bughaters
I have Windows Vista Basic 32 bit Dell Inspiron 531s. My phsical memory is depending on what applications I am currently running is around 80%. It is recommended that I add 2GB's memory. How easy is installation and at what cost? -- bughaters
November 30th 08 10:07 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 343
Disappering DVD on Vista 32bit by IvanI
hello! does anyone have an idea how to solve the "disappearing DVD" problem on Vista? The only solution I know is putting computer to sleep and then waking it up, but that's just silly, there's gotta be some hotfix or something. -- IvanI
November 26th 08 02:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 343
Linksys Wireless Adapter WUSB54GC by mac
My Linksys wirelesss adaper WUSB54GC is running with the XP driver that came with it. When I download and install from Linksys the Vista driver, the adapter does not stay connected (it disconnects on and off.....). So I reversed the driver back to the XP. Is there any issues running the XP driver? Thanks,
November 11th 08 07:48 PM
by Jasper[_4_] Go to last post
5 343
quad core only operating on 2 cores by Hippo
About 8 months ago I put together a computer running Vista ultimate 64 on an EVGA 780i, 8gb ram, and Intel E6850 (3.0 dual). Everything went smoothly, and it hasn't had any huge hiccups since. About 2 months ago I picked up a Q9400 (quad 2.6). I shut down my computer, installed it, and re-booted. The BIOS detected the 4 2.6 cores in the POST. Windows did a little firmware fiddling on its own as...
October 24th 08 05:49 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
4 343
mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family graphics card issue by JaronDaWiz
i need some help. i'm trying to upgrade from vista home basic to vista ultimate. the only problem is when i ran the vista upgrade advisor, everything including windows aero compatibility checked out fine except for my mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family graphics card. i've been on several different sites that said my mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family graphics card was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 09 03:10 PM
by JaronDaWiz Go to last post
13 342
Force reboot the machine by hksingh
My laptop went to hibernate and when i pressed the power button to wake it up. The laptop seems to respnd fine, the LCD is blank(pitch black). I need to reboot my machine. Pressing power button again puts into sleep once more. I am unable to reboot my machine. Is there any other way to reboot my machine? Here's my machine detail 1. HP dv6000t 2. OS : Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
April 26th 09 08:29 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
5 342
Vista / HP C3100 - Device Reinstall when Reconnected by Dawn
Ok - some similar posts here but nothing exactly. Thanks in advance to whoever reads and responds! ;-) Running Vista Home Premium on my notebook computer. I have a HP C3100 All-in-One connected to the notebook via USB (only option available on printer to connect device). Whenever I want to be "wireless" with my notebook and disconnect the USB from the notebook and then come back to...
November 13th 08 05:39 PM
by hammysg1[_2_] Go to last post
9 342
What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap? by [email protected]
PC effectively dies with Trusted Installer taking 100% of CPU. It doesn't appear to do anything useful, only act like a virus. What's it doing? How do I get rid of it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 08:42 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
18 342
Vista 32-bit only sees 128gb of large hard drive by Snacko
I use Vista Home Premium full install with 4 SATA hard drives. My data drive is a WD 750-gig. Disk Management sees 698.64gb with no unallocated space. It's an active partition on a basic disk. But when I open "computer" or an explore page, it sees the smaller value. I've found solutions for xp/2000 that involve enabling 48-bit LBA, but I haven't seen anything on Vista. I don't recall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 08 01:31 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The