Mouse woes by JJ
Have unpredictable mouse issues - pointer works fine, then jumps to the end of the screen (same direction where I was moving the mouse anyway) - Doesn't happen often (was fine with XP) -- John PC: (XPS Gen 1) laptop Mem 1 gb processor P4 3.4
September 19th 06 02:51 AM
by JJ Go to last post
0 144
Help Problem by Zerocool
I just installed the beta release and no my dvd and dvd burner don't work. The message says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. Windows finds no solution. I had no problem before. Works good but I don't...
September 19th 06 02:49 AM
by ron suiter Go to last post
1 154
Compatible 5 button mouse by wolfgrrl
Has anyone found a compatible 5 buttom mouse that works on Vista? I have three and none of them work - I can't program the additional buttons. I miss my mouse! Please advise if you have found one that works. Thank you!
September 19th 06 01:55 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 145
SONY GigaPocket TVTuner by geniettomio
the GIGAPOCKET don't work with Windows Vista Beta 2 and Windows Vista RC1
September 19th 06 01:48 AM
by chooven Go to last post
2 143
hp deskjet 656c by DMHolt57
Try the 600 driver in the wizard, works fine with my HP 632C -- DMHolt57 Full "dami87" wrote: i istalled it with its xp drivers and everything was ok (no error message)
September 19th 06 12:04 AM
by DMHolt57 Go to last post
0 133
USB ASUS A8N-SLI by Hans Petter Nenseth
The only thing I get working om RC1 is my Canon printer. Scanner and other USB-devices wont work. Any hints? Couldnt find any new drivers at ASUS. -- I går lurte jeg på hva morgendagen ville bringe. I dag vet jeg det.
September 19th 06 12:01 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 142
Erros Ati Drivers for RC1 by camesenin
I install last drivers of Ati for my X800 All in Wonder later the screen turned blue and the system froze ( no text just blue). I reset the computer but just as it was to hit the desktop it turned blue again and froze so I restarted in safe mode and rolled back. My Performance Rating is 1 not working the drivers of ati for RC1, not working the drivers for ati of windows update.
September 18th 06 11:59 PM
by ScottyDog55, sniffing out critters Go to last post
2 153
Hardware problems... by SoulHunter
i don't know if anyone has posted this problems with this devices or not...if they did i'm sorry. I've had problems with 3 things on Vista, first of all was my creative audio PCI that was not able to install, then my Lexmark series X1100 (my model is X1190) that installed but was unable to work and then the most important of all and main reason why i went back to my old windows XP, my...
September 18th 06 11:17 PM
by SoulHunter Go to last post
0 141
Microsoft wheel gameport by Andy
Is there any way to make it work ? Is there any adapter for joystick that use standard gameport to USB ? Since i paid 200.00$ for that wheel and never broke.. i would expect from Microsoft that sold that wheel make it work in Vista..
September 18th 06 10:46 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 129
32 bit Audigy drivers work on RC1 x64!!! by AndyMAc
Heres a weird one. Rc1 didnt detect my ancient Audigy 1 card so I tried all of creatives beta drivers and none of those worked ( all told me I had no soundblaster hardware). Thought I was going to have to format and go back to 32 bit until I found my old cd that came with the card. Tried that and no surprise it wouldnt run. So I got vista to try to detect the hardware and browsed to the...
September 18th 06 08:39 PM
by GerryC Go to last post
1 167
intel hd audio by scrooge
I've a intel 8280 1GBM ICH7-M High definition Audio Controller but I don't have audio. The notebook I have is a HP Compaq nx9420
September 18th 06 08:37 PM
by scrooge Go to last post
0 169
AGP & Vista RC1 by MikeyB
On a clean install, I kept getting error message "R300 stopped responding, but recovered" or some such, or a complete freeze-up of my comp. I've since forced the AGP in the BIOS to run at 4x, unstead of 8x, and it has been perfectly stable through the weekend. Am I missing something in the settings to get it to run on 8x? - Radeon X700 AGP8X on a Soyo Dragon 2 KT880 motherboard
September 18th 06 08:34 PM
by Anthony LiPetri Go to last post
1 148
Two Questions: Windows Explorer, Mouse/Keyboard after Standby by mtcoombes
I have clean-installed Vista RC1, on it's own hard drive (the primary master). I have two other hard drives (D and E, the primary slave and secondary slave), which contain data in NTFS format from my previous XP installation. When I load Windows Explorer in Vista and navigate to these drives, they load EXTREMELY slow. It is not unusual for me to click on the D drive, and then wait up to a...
September 18th 06 08:00 PM
by mtcoombes Go to last post
0 193
Pentium M & SpeedStep by pHi Roethlisberger
Hello on windows XP SP2 it works fine between multiplier 6x and 15x. If the CPU is used at 100% it jumps immediatly to 15x. With Vista RC1 it changes only very hard to 15x (and this only for a few seconds). If I use a stresstest tool (Idle SP2004 by Johny Lee), the CPU is used 100% but it changes only to 15x if I start some other applications at the same time.
September 18th 06 07:10 PM
by pHi Roethlisberger Go to last post
0 158
GeForce 6100 (GPU) by Andrey I. Krasvitnikov
Hallo! I have motherboarb Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF with integrated video (GF 6100). Displey driver crashed when Aero enabled. I try drivers from Microsoft and nVidia. What can I do? Then'x
September 18th 06 06:39 PM
by wkeith01 Go to last post
2 177
Vista runs really slow by Sam24112
Disable themes in the sevices and watch it go. get there by control panel and then admin tools "MusikHersteller" wrote: Turn off Aero Glass and watch it fly. Look under personalize display and whatnot in the Control Panel, it will appear like a theme. As soon as I did that, my laptop and desktop both ran better, less hot, and I think my battery is lasting a lot longer...
September 18th 06 06:14 PM
by Sam24112 Go to last post
0 131
Problems with drivers by Mighty1
I've recently installed MS Windows Vista RC1 32bit; I've reported some troubles I noticed with drivers I got before, working properly with previous Windows XP. First of all, audio drivers don't work correctly (Realtek AC97 on Intel 975i chipset): quad sounds come out from the same front speakers and rear speakers are silent. No way to set it up in sounds control panel 'cause jack-sensing...
September 18th 06 05:41 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 137
Unzip utility for Windows Vista by ChrisP
I installed the Vista RC1 last night. Tried to install the drivers for my motherboard, but they came in .zip form. Is there an "Unzip" utility in Vista RC1...? Thank you. -- CTP
September 18th 06 05:16 PM
by ChrisP Go to last post
8 143
Vista 64bit and ASUS A8V sound drivers by Rene Beauchemin
I tried both 64bits and 32bits with the same result on the same board. Let me know if you found something. PS. Is your network working fine. I have some trouble reaching the internet. "Quasar" wrote: I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe based system and I'm having trouble installing sound drivers for the onboard sound on my Vista 64bit install.
September 18th 06 05:01 PM
by warpsix Go to last post
1 146
Gameport Microsoft wheel ? by Andy
Is there any way to make it work ? Is there any adapter for joystick that use standard gameport to USB ? Since i paid 200.00$ for that wheel and never broke.. i would expect from Microsoft that sold that wheel make it work in Vista..
September 18th 06 03:01 PM
by Andy Go to last post

From The