Failure to find DVD burner on wakeup from sleep or hibernation by wayneP
I've checked the event log and it seems that every time this happens there is an Event ID 15 cdrom entry. I've done some searching on the web but I don't find a solution. If I restart the computer the DVD burner shows up and works. This drive has had a problem with the tray opening. If there is no media in the drive we have to hit the tray open button several times, but if there is media in...
December 19th 08 10:06 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 209
My PC is so Noisy!!! by Waynester
Hi everyone at times my PC is very quiet, well....almost :confused: i would say "tolerable" as computers go :sarc: then at times, it sounds like a gale force wind is blowing through it! ITS BECOMING SO ANNOYING!! AARRGGHHHHH :mad: what would be the main cause of this? is it the power supply or the fan(s) inside it
January 26th 09 08:44 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
3 198
digital lcd monitor shut down by wayy999
Upgrade new HP computer with Vista how the mon shuts down . computer still running just screen black.all s/w updated swapped lcd to crt ok . anlog work ok just in the digital. thanks
December 6th 08 03:55 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
5 249
monitor shut down by wayy999
Have a new HP computer 3 month old and just got the vista upgrade. now my lcd monitor will shut down after 20 minutes to 1 hour. it does this even when the computer is being used. only way to use the monitor after it goes blank, is to restart/reboot the entire computer. have upgraded video card to a nvida-nx7900gs -- loaded all updated drivers from venders.
May 11th 07 12:45 AM
by wayy999 Go to last post
0 105
Vista TV Tuner card by WB
Can someone recommend the best tv tuner card to use with vista ultimate? WB
July 18th 07 02:20 AM
by JW Go to last post
5 115
Looking for Media Center Extender by WB
Microsoft has promised more choices in the media center extender market, any updates on when they will be available. I don't like that the only choice is XBOX 360. WB
August 17th 07 02:01 AM
by JW Go to last post
2 162
Optical I/O issues (Event ID 51) when flash memory is present by wchp
4/24/07 I recently built an new machine for Vista (Home Premium). As Newegg was out of stock on lite-on drives I ordered two Samsung SH-183L drives. These constantly gave me an error of: Event ID: 51 "An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation." After trying all of the below with the Samsung drives we wrote them off as
May 24th 07 01:31 PM
by wchp Go to last post
1 154
Disk read error... by wckelly
Hello everyone, I'm new here and desperate for some help. I have a Sony Vaio vgn-ar320e and I'm getting a disk read error. Before you immediately assume its a dead hard drive let me say that I've already put another drive in it and seem to be getting similar errors. -With the original drive in it I can see it listed in my bios and when I try to boot off of it I get a message that says...
September 6th 08 09:20 AM
by DL Go to last post
5 270
Vista 64 with AMD Turin Dell 1501 usb drivers by wcr
I am having problems with the usb drivers on the Vista Ultimate edition on a fresh install . I cannot locate a driver. I installed microsoft streets and trips 2007 with gps and vista will not recognize the supplied driver. The product support team told me Vista is still in development and there are no drivers available.... Any help please.
March 3rd 07 09:03 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 262
Screen Saver by wcweeks
In Vista. Screen saver won't run even though it seems to be set up properly. Any suggestions? Thanks,
May 31st 08 01:26 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 203
USB Keyboard/mouse will not load by wdbailey
I have been using Vista Ultimate with Logitech Cordless Desktop® LX 300 mouse/keyboard combo connected via USB for many months without incident. For no apparent reason they stopped working on boot up. This set comes with a PS2 option for the mouse so I was able to get cursor control to login Guest account and use onscreen keyboard to disable password for admin account. Device manager does not...
October 11th 08 06:34 PM
by wdbailey Go to last post
0 208
MIDI latency/dropouts by wdk
Get occasional latency/dropuots when running my MIDI keyboard from Vista. Never had this problem with XP. Any ideas?
July 13th 07 09:26 AM
by Ariyan9812 Go to last post
3 119
Media Center Questions (extenders, HD, etc.) by Weatherman1126
Hello, I just have a few questions about Media Center in Vista. I'm running Home Premium. First: I subscribe to Comcast HD, and want to get HD into MC. Can I just plug a coax cable directly into an ATSC TV tuner and receive HDTV? Second: How many tuners can MC handle? If I plan to use extenders (in the future), is there flexibility for the possibility of 2+ tuners?
January 12th 08 12:12 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
2 150
How do I use the web cam? by web cam trouble how to start it
I don't know how to start the web cam on my laptop. It is built in, but I don't know how to turn it on. Can someone please help?
December 27th 07 02:00 AM
by web cam trouble how to start it[_2_] Go to last post
2 84
USB drives are not installed by Web Design & Traduzioni (Lefčbvre)
Hi everybody, I'm an italian webdesigner and I installed Windows Vista Business last week (as un update from XP Pro). Before update, I transfer all files on usb drives (Maxtor 3200 and Samsung USB pendrive). But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these and I can't work. Does someone know what to do (maxtor and samsung have no vista drivers). Win XP never asked me for drivers (it was...
February 6th 07 03:43 PM
by Giorgio Go to last post
4 197
Autorun dropdown options went missing by webdigr
Hi, I face a weird issue with my Vista Enterprise edition. Sometime back suddenly one day all the autorun settings disappeared from my system. When I checked the autorun defaults setting from the control panel I see that that dropdowns have gone blank completely. All the default options like "Open folder..", "Take no action", "Ask me everytime", etc. are simply wiped off... No more there!...
October 29th 09 03:03 AM
by webdigr Go to last post
0 123
Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX by WEDJR
After many ill fated attempts to get this camera to work, I read here about new software from Logitech. I am running RC2 5744 and although a slightly quirky install, the camera now functions properly and big surprise, the mic is listed and functions great. The new driver is version10.0.4 released 11/21/06 with a driver date of 11/10/06.
November 24th 06 02:34 AM
by WEDJR Go to last post
0 133
H/W probs by weeman5872
hey all, i was running Windows Vista RC1, but i needed to get a driver for my graphics card cas The Sims 2 wasn't displaying itself correctly (i think it forced itself in to DX7 support :P) i got the new graphics card driver and installed it, but when i rebooted, i got the following error "I/O disk error" but that was cas i had a flash drive plugged in, so i rebooted again, without the...
October 7th 06 04:31 PM
by weeman5872 Go to last post
0 129
NEC ND 1550 DVD RW on Vista X64 RTM problem by weiqj
Drive can not be detected. I'm using an IDE-SATA converter to connect to my Dell 9200. Anybody has same problem? -- weiqj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ weiqj's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=681 View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26227
November 19th 06 10:09 AM
by sathya Go to last post
1 121
Konica Minolta 2400W printer problem by Weird Harold
I have a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have a Konica Minolta 2400w printer connected; I downloaded and installed KM's printer driver for Vista. When I send a print job to the printer, the printer whirs and clanks as if it is going to print, but after a minute, goes silent with its green light blinking. If I go to spooler services, stop and restart services, then (after about 30 sec.)...
October 15th 07 05:17 AM
by Rob[_2_] Go to last post

From The