Does anyone have a dial-up modem that works on Vista? by H#
"dkisling" wrote: I had the same problem USR5699- Usr tech says they only had two new models with Vista drivers- I didn't try to edit the new models drivers etc. Instead I dug out all the old modems (5) I had and tried them all until I found a cheapo I bought 3-4 years ago from CompUSA- their private label version from PCTEL model FS-LEC -SKU 274406 I bought for about $25 it's a...
September 15th 06 01:51 PM
by H# Go to last post
0 304
Compaq IJ300 (Lexmark Z11) by brianto
Everything works fine since I installed Vista except for my printer a Compaq IJ300 which is a Lexmark Z11 in disguise. I installed the driver for the Z11 through the "Add Printer" but the problem arrises when I try and install my black cartridge. ( You have to change the colour to black). When I press add new cartridge ie black ,everything is ok but when I go to allign it, the program states...
September 15th 06 01:32 PM
by brianto Go to last post
1 923
wdm usb standart audio driver? by olli
hello, i got a tv usb stick from terratec. it is called prodigy. in my device manager there are 2 entries...one works with a bda driver...i think it is for the picture. but the other is not working. at the properties i see it needs a standart usb wdm audio driver but windows canĀ“t install its own because the installation failes and on the official cd there seems to be no useful driver. can...
September 15th 06 09:51 AM
by olli Go to last post
0 274
Vista does not recognize ram by ddelta
I have 3 gigs of ram installed and my bios registers all physical ram, but vista only recognizes 2 gigs
September 15th 06 07:10 AM
by ddelta Go to last post
0 233
Wrong memory detected on GeForce 7900GT by Armando Arroyo
I have a GeForce 7900GT with 256Mb, Vista RC1 detects my Videocard as having 520Mb, of which it says 248Mb are Dedicated Video Memory and the rest (271Mb) are System Shared Memory. Can this Shared Memory be disabled so the Videocard only reports the onboard real memory?
September 15th 06 05:53 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 212
mouse doesn't work in Vista by Christopher Ellis
"Greg Hudson" wrote: Windows Key Go to computer via arrows right-click key Manage Computer (or something of the nature) Tab around the window that pops up until you get the focus of the left pane, then go down to device manager. Hope it work for you. :) G'Day Roadking. I've got exactly the same problem, except I'm using a MS serial mouse. It *WAS* working during install, but as...
September 15th 06 05:21 AM
by Christopher Ellis Go to last post
0 202
mouse doesn't work in Vista by Christopher Ellis
"Greg Hudson" wrote: Windows Key Go to computer via arrows right-click key Manage Computer (or something of the nature) Tab around the window that pops up until you get the focus of the left pane, then go down to device manager. Hope it work for you. :) G'Day Roadking. I've got exactly the same problem, except I'm using a MS serial mouse. It *WAS* working during install, but as...
September 15th 06 05:21 AM
by Christopher Ellis Go to last post
0 196
radeon, viewsonic and vista display problem by Chris
I have the same problem, where it seems like the monitors won't quit trying to re-sync so the screen just keeps going black, then back to the desktop, then black, etc. etc. every few seconds. This has been happening on my system since Beta 2 and I have an Nvidia 7800GTX card (so not just an ati problem) and my monitors are both Viewsonic G220fb's. If I unplug my Viewsonic monitors and plug...
September 15th 06 05:12 AM
by Chris Go to last post
0 199
Dell Printers by Alan H
I have a new Dell All in One 960. Works great on XP. No support in Vista. We need more driver support, Microsoft. :)
September 15th 06 03:02 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 177
Graphic Driver Issue (X800GT AGP) by Anthony LiPetri
I'm having a problem installing the Standard VGA driver for RC1. The error message I get basically says that Windows had a problem installing the VGA driver and the reason for it is that it cannot be found. I don't recall deleting anything from the install, and the ATISMBus driver that downloaded before through Windows Update is nowhere to be found. Can anyone help me?
September 14th 06 08:05 PM
by Anthony LiPetri Go to last post
0 177
IR Blaster Vista RC-1 by Raidersiowa
When I plug in the Microsoft Remote and IR Blaster if works fine for a bit then Vista Reboots itself over and over. Once I unplug the IR Blaster it stops rebooting and works fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the fix? I figured a Micorsoft device would work with Vista ....................
September 14th 06 07:47 PM
by Raidersiowa Go to last post
0 167
USB devices not detected at startup by Josh
Hello, I have a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard that I use on the computer that is running Vista. It doesn't get detected upon start-up. Same goes for a Dell USB keyboard and mouse. I have found that an old PS/2 mouse and keyboard work fine upon startup, and Vista will detect and install for the USB devices after I put the keyboard to sleep and wake it back up 1 or 2 times. ...
September 14th 06 07:22 PM
by Josh Go to last post
0 187
USB Mice & Keyboards - Detected After Sleep by Josh
Hello, I have a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard that I use on the computer that is running Vista. It doesn't get detected upon start-up. Same goes for a Dell USB keyboard and mouse. I have found that an old PS/2 mouse and keyboard work fine upon startup, and Vista will detect and install for the USB devices after I put the keyboard to sleep and wake it back up 1 or 2 times. ...
September 14th 06 07:21 PM
by Josh Go to last post
0 161
Sigmatel Audio Issues on i9300 by rogueslayer1138
After installing RC1 (build 5600), my laptop speakers work, but subwoofer isn't working. I've installed all the most recent drivers in compatibility mode, etc, and the subwoofer still doesn't work. Are there any registry keys that can be edited manually, because Vista currently doesn't support the Sigmatel advanced control panel? SigmaTel C-Major Audio Driver Version: 5.10.4469.0 Driver...
September 14th 06 06:37 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
1 185
X800 GT (AGP) Not working... by Anthony LiPetri
Tried installing the drivers that are provided by ATI and they do not work. Tried installing the Windows VGA Driver which uses the x800 SE (WDDM) drivers and it fails. What do I do now?
September 14th 06 06:06 PM
by Anthony LiPetri Go to last post
4 167
Device Drivers for TSST DVD? by Nick Jacobs
Has anybody seen a device driver for a TSST DVD RW drive? It's in my Dell Inspiron. All I get is the Error 38 about the drivers. That means I can't even use the DVD rom drive. This would be the last hurtle for me to stay on Vista RC1. :) Thanks, Nick
September 14th 06 06:02 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 189
Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 by Bob Bleecker
By installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 it is able to work in Vista Bld 5600. goto Blackberry.net -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:49 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 149
Logitech Quick Cam 5000 series by Bob Bleecker
Today 9/14/06 an update occured. Drivers for the Logitech were installed. After rebooting my webcam works perfectly. Running RC1 5600 -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:43 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 182
dvd drive not working with vista RC1 by Allenjamieson
hello, i have a emprex 8x dvd writer and since that i have installed vista RC1 it will not read dvds or CDs but works fine with the vista beta 2. is there a way to fix this?
September 14th 06 05:22 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post
0 193
dvd drive not working with vista RC1 by Allenjamieson
hello, i have a emprex 8x dvd writer and since that i have installed vista RC1 it will not read dvds or CDs but works fine with the vista beta 2. is there a way to fix this?
September 14th 06 05:21 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post

From The