Won't Burn Data Discs... by Wingman
I have a new Gateway GM5415E w/a DVD Burner (supposedly a multi-format DL drive). I can burn music (wmas) using Windows Media Player; however, when I try to burn documents or other data to the same brand of CD-R it simply ejects the CD and says: "There was an error burning this disc." I've tried Windows Burn Wizard (gave me the previous explanation) & Nero (also unsuccessful)
March 30th 07 12:52 AM
by Wingman Go to last post
0 110
Vista won't burn Data CDs by Wingman
When I insert a blank disc (CD-R), Vista prompts me to "Burn Files To Disc Using Windows". -I select this then change Disc name & format to "mastered". -I then move the documents I want to burn to the DVD RW Drive (E:). -I select "Burn Files" and it begins to add data to image disc but suddenly ejects the CD and an error message follows: "There was a problem burning this disc" and thats...
June 21st 07 02:21 AM
by terryskibby Go to last post
4 250
netgear/Dell Error in setupapi.dev.log by Winker
Hi, While installing my netgear wn121t on a dell inspiron 530sthe driver installation is ok but when connecting the device I get a file not found error and the following in the log: - ndv: Committing file queue... flq: {_COMMIT_FILE_QUEUE} flq: CommitQ DelNodes=0 RenNodes=0 BackNodes=0 CopyNodes=0 flq: {_COMMIT_FILE_QUEUE exit(0x00000000)}
December 19th 07 08:36 AM
by Winker Go to last post
0 120
USB Wireless Adaptor Install Problem by Winker
Hi, I've a new Dell inspiron 530s running Vista. I managed to install my old Sagem Fast 800 modem router via USB. I made mistake of downloading drivers from SAGEM site and it never worked again. Had error: - "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The System cannot find the file specified." I've bought a netgear dg834n which...
December 17th 07 09:21 PM
by Winker Go to last post
0 96
Mouse scrolls incorrectly after hibernation by winman15
Hello. I have vista Ultimate x64 and and the MS wireless laser mouse 5000. Everytime my PC's hiberates and I turn it back on, my scroll on my mouse hardly scrolls. Restart my PC and it works flawlessly. Hiberates, and then scrolls almost .5 lines. This is extremely annoying. Any kind of workaround or update for this? Am I the only one? Thanks to any replies. (Also, I do run updates...
December 4th 07 06:56 PM
by winman15 Go to last post
0 100
Thinkpad T43 - no audio by winpitt
Installed Vista Ultimate on Thinkpad T43. Install went smooth. No drivers installed for audio or biometric. Right clicked on audio, said to update, Vista updated driver. However, though no errors noted in device mgr, sound non-functional. Sound tests fail consistently every time. Anyone have any ideas?
January 4th 07 07:02 PM
by winpitt Go to last post
1 187
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by winpitt
Getting the exact same error code (80070103) attempting to install an update for the Audio on my Thinkpad T43. Audio currently non-functional in RTM Vista Ultimate. "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption can be used through the...
July 3rd 07 04:00 PM
by luttman23 Go to last post
2 186
Help: Unable to play video files on RC2 by Winston
I am not able to play any video files either using WMP or from Media Center. Playing songs seems to work okay but video causes the mouse to freeze and then the screen goes blank (black). No way to go except rebooting the system as it just hangs there in black screen. Does this every time I try to play a video file. System is a P4 2.80GHz 1023 MB RAM Nvidia GE Force 6600GT with current...
October 15th 06 09:52 PM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
6 155
TEST: Just a TEST by Winston
TESTING
October 14th 06 06:48 PM
by Terje Alexander Barth Go to last post
2 128
headphones don't switch on with Vista by winstonsmith
I have Vista 64bit on an Asus C90S laptop. The laptop speakers work fine but when I plug in headphones the sound doesn't automatically switch to the headphones. The laptop speakers do shut off but no sound comes from the headphones. The headphones do work. I've tested them on other devices. I can get them to work on this laptop but I have to go into the sound control area and set the headphones...
November 7th 07 12:41 AM
by Steve[_22_] Go to last post
4 107
smc cardbus by wireless
hi i have a smc cardbus smcwcbt-G the problem is that wen installing the driver is says : windows find the driver for your device but encountered an error attenpting to install it. The system canot find the file specified. I`m using windows vista RC1 build 5600
October 13th 06 12:05 AM
by wireless Go to last post
0 163
0xD1_athr+54d5a, type 0 by wireless worries
I seem to be having a problem with my wireless driver on a lenovo T61. The fault bucket is above, any ideas?
October 29th 08 10:21 PM
by wireless worries Go to last post
0 281
Cannot connect to a projector by Wit's_End
I'm trying to help a user with a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop that came loaded with Vista. The graphics chip is the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset. She was able to connect her laptop to a projector in her classroom until a couple of weeks ago. Now it will connect, but only for a minute, then it switches back to just being visible on the laptop. Hitting Function + F8, going to the mobility...
March 17th 08 01:24 PM
by Wit's_End Go to last post
0 186
Audigy LS & microphone by wit3k
I have Audigy LS and my microphone is not work:/ I have drivers installed for Vista x86. Speakers works, but my micro not. Enyone have Audigy LS witch worked microphone?
November 30th 06 05:07 PM
by wit3k Go to last post
0 159
Hard drive resizing doesn't work... by witten1972
Hi members I have a persistant problem with resizing of my internal hdd. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on a HP Pavilion Elite with an Seagate hard drive of 750gb. Every time I want to resize my drive I get a message stating; "Access denied". The original size is 750gb and I have 3 partitions on it. C=245gb and I want to take 80gb to enlarge my D. D=420gb.
October 29th 09 03:56 PM
by witten1972 Go to last post
2 180
Drivers for Hard Drive Not working Properly by witz86
My dilemma is I have a hard drive that was evenly split into two partitions. I tried to reallocate the partition. For example I was trying to make my drive c go from 50gb to 75gb and reduce the d drive from 50gb to 25 gb and all it did was create a third drive so I reversed that. Now whenever I turn my machine on it wants to load the hard driver. When I say yes you can no longer see the d...
June 7th 08 01:48 PM
by witz86 Go to last post
0 204
Random black screen by Witzode
So, i have just installed Windows Vista, dual booting with XP. Created a primary partition on my 160. Vista installed flawlessly, except for sound card drivers, fixed that immediately. Now, in the device manager, every single device is working properly. Installed the latest ATI drivers. Computer runs perfect. Except every once in a while, totally random, as I have not found that it only...
February 3rd 07 08:47 PM
by Witzode Go to last post
1 178
No Sound on Laptop, can't view DVD's by Wizkid120
I loaded Vista RC1 build 5600 on my Gateway 9550 laptop and everything runs well, except I get no sound at all. The sound chip is an ESS Allegro ES1998. I installed Win XP audio drivers to see if it works, but it didn't. Even worse, this seems to affect PowerDVD and Windows Media Center from running DVD's. Everytime. I try to run a dvd in those programs, it freezes or gives me a message...
October 26th 06 06:47 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 157
On-Screen Keyboard & Multiple Languages by WJB
I posted this in the Vista.General group and was asked to repost here. Please help. I have multiple language support activated and I can switch the on-screen keyboard between the different language displays. However, when setting focus to the window in which I'm about to type in a different language, then I move the mouse to the on-screen keyboard to start clicking the characters to type,...
April 22nd 09 09:20 PM
by WJB Go to last post
0 193
Scanjet 4400C ActiveX error by wjl2
I've (apparently) installed the XP version of the HP Scanjet 4400C software on my RC1 system here. When I start the HP Precisionscan Pro software I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Chassis.ChassisHelpObject'." It's being sourced out of GTF.CHM, some compiled HTML which seems to be core to the scanner software working. If I ignore that, then when I tell it to 'Start a...
November 12th 06 12:44 AM
by wjl2 Go to last post

From The