A required CD/DVD drive device is missing by juls
Hi there, I tried to install Vista RC1 on a second HD partition but, with no luck. It comes up with: "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing" error and it wont go any further. I updated all the drivers but still no luck. With the same DVD I installed it on my VPC without any errors at all, but it's very slow when run from the VCP. Can someone give some ideas or suggestions on how to solve...
September 13th 06 10:25 PM
by juls Go to last post
0 163
IntelliPoint & Intellitype on Vista by Cenote_man
To get IntelliPoint running on Vista: 1.. Grab the latest version of the Microsoft IntelliPoint software. 2.. Run setup, it will extract the files and folders to C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.x\ 3.. After it extracts, exit setup. 4.. Open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.x\IPoint\SETUP, and find "oemsetup.exe" 5.. Download...
September 13th 06 10:04 PM
by Cenote_man Go to last post
0 158
Boot loader BCDedit & wirelss keyboard by Tony
I use an accuratus Bluetooth wireless keyboar/mouse. Not sure if its the same for other Wireless keyboard devices but I cannot navigate the bcdedit bootloader menu when configured to dual boot. Is it a known issue for wirelss devices or is it that my device is just not supported with Vista? Cheers
September 13th 06 08:10 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 184
Battery on Dell Inspiron 6000 by MFTSASser
Ever since I installed windows vista (the system was purchased with XP), this thing has been sucking battery power like lemonade on a Texas summer day. I am using power saver mode and I've been trying to use conservative settings. What's going on? Is anybody else noticing decreased battery life, all other things being equal?
September 13th 06 07:56 PM
by Joel Johnson Go to last post
1 180
How do I get a desktop icon for the Volume Mixer or put it on the taskbar? by Irv Diamond
How do I get a desktop icon for the Volume Mixer or put it on the taskbar? Vista Build 5536. Thanks, Irvt
September 13th 06 07:26 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 186
Windows Mobile Device Center by Lightfoote
Is there any estimate of release time for a patch to restore the functionality of synchronization betweeen MS Outlook and a Pocket PC? Regards! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...
September 13th 06 07:13 PM
by Brice Go to last post
2 171
Hardware Monitor fails to register dll file on installation by Rick Hallman
I am trying to install Soyo Hardware Monitor 1.2. It reports temp and fan speed data. The installation appears to finish but evidently it fails to register a needed dll file. The error message I receive is "Run time error'48': file not found: itevio.dll". I searched the internet and found that people using another mfg's version of this same software were having the same problem under...
September 13th 06 06:31 PM
by Rick Hallman Go to last post
1 274
Intel 845G Graphics Driver for Vista? by Sushovan
Is there a Windows Vista compatible graphics driver for Intel 845G chipsets? On pre-beta1 versions of Vista, I could use the Windows 2000 driver by manually installing the driver from the Device Manager... In RC1, you can't do that (You get a device install error every time you restart the computer, and the display flickers at startup)... so I am stuck with a Standard PnP VGA Driver... cant...
September 13th 06 05:13 PM
by Sushovan Go to last post
0 186
Adaptec Scsi 2930cu - need driver for RC1 by Bruce Arnold
I have RC1 booted from an EIDE drive but I also have drives and devices that run from an Adaptec Aha-2930cu Scsi card. Ven_9004, Dev_3860, Subsys_38699004, Rev_03. All of the Beta's worked until RC1. (With build 5472 I had to manually copy the aic78xx.* files into Windows\Inf folder.) I have not been successful with build 5600, RC1. The latest driver from Adaptec is for Win2k and this doesn't...
September 13th 06 03:43 PM
by Bruce Arnold Go to last post
0 162
Vista RC1 Disables DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo by Jonathan Dewar
Greetings, I've recently installed the Vista RC1 and everything works peachy, except my DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive. Vista will detect any disc after initial boot, but as soon as I attempt to place a second disc in the drive, Vista stalls the read process and the drive crashes. It no longer appears in the device manager and Vista no longer detects the device at all. If I boot into XP Home,...
September 13th 06 03:13 PM
by Loaner Go to last post
1 154
Generic RNDIS Driver by Sam
Tried installing a new WM5 device (HTC TYTN) and kept getting a message that the generic RNDIS driver was missing. Vista will also not install ASync. Any clues??????
September 13th 06 03:11 PM
by Sam Go to last post
0 180
Generi RNDIS Driver issue by Sam
Tried installing a new WM5 device (HTC TYTN) and kept getting a message that the generic RNDIS driver was missing. Vista will also not install ASync. Any clues??????
September 13th 06 03:10 PM
by Sam Go to last post
0 181
Fujitsu SnapScan by eopiela
The driver for the Fujitsu SnapScan line of scanners is incompatible with Vista and when I contacted Fujitsu technical support to inquire about a workaround/updated driver, they indicated that none was available and none was planned. This relatively expensive scanner is going to be a brick under Vista, and I anticipate many law office users of the scanner won't upgrade once they discover...
September 13th 06 02:18 PM
by eopiela Go to last post
0 163
Creative RC1 Drivers by mikwiz
Has anyone heard when or if Creative will release RC! drivers to download for XFI 64bit and Audigy 2 Advanced MB laptop 32 bit. Has anyone ever heard of Audigy 2 Advanced MB that comes with a Dell Inspiron 1405 laptop?? Does anyone know why Creative sucks??? What is a good Creative alternative to Creative soundcards on 64bit desktop and 32 bit laptop???? -- Buddha Bless You
September 13th 06 01:19 PM
by Ted F Go to last post
1 161
x64 drivers for Brother HL-2070N by SGSCOMPS
Looking for Vista x64 drivers or configuration/setup information to use in a networked configuration, not USB. Works fine with XP x64 but would like to get it working with x64 Vista
September 13th 06 12:11 PM
by SGSCOMPS Go to last post
0 163
Hp DC7600 by Andy
Just installed RC1 ong a HP Dc7600 with Realtek HD audio. My problem is that I can't get any sound. When I look in device manager, all i find under Sound is "High Definition Sound". On the control panel Sound it says that sound is working, but I can not get any sound out. /A.
September 13th 06 07:20 AM
by Andy Go to last post
4 209
HP scanjet 4600 in RC1 doesnt work (no driver) by Jason
I have an HP scanjet 4600 and am having problems making it work in RC1. It worked fine in Beta2 though. There doesnt seem to be any HP software that works in RC1 even though the win xp software worked in Beta2. The OS originally used the driver for win xp which worked fine before. Now it gives an error when I try to use it even in the windows fax/scan ui. It can do a preview scan but if I...
September 13th 06 07:20 AM
by Loaner Go to last post
1 191
hp Photosmart 7960 by Ed
the 3310 all in one printer works wireless on the last rc1 version but the scanner and any other service will not. Any ideas? anybody with an wireless scanner driver that will work? "Harold" wrote: the 64 bit system.. also I found out if you play around a little any 64 bit drivers will work for the printers...I also have a c4180 photosmart (all in one), the printer will sork but the...
September 13th 06 07:10 AM
by Ed Go to last post
0 135
hp Photosmart 7960 by Ed
Can you get the 3310 to work wireless? The printer so far is working but scanner no way , any idea ? "Harold" wrote: the 64 bit system.. also I found out if you play around a little any 64 bit drivers will work for the printers...I also have a c4180 photosmart (all in one), the printer will sork but the scanner wont.. Im still working on that one...
September 13th 06 07:09 AM
by Ed Go to last post
0 147
MISSING DVD /CDRW DRIVE by Loaner
I did a clean install on RC1 today and everything went well. Everything works fine except one thing. I CANNOT FIND MY DVD ROM. I put a DVD in the DVD Rom and nothing happens. I've been to device Manager and tried everything but the drive is not being detected. Please help. I have a Gateway 610 XL Media center PC. Pentium IV, 3.0 GHs, 2 GB DDR SDRAM, 200GB HD Ultra ATA 800 MHs...
September 13th 06 05:30 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post

From The