Lifecam drivers for Vista RC1? by Jéjé
Hi, there is any drivers for the Microsoft Lifecam for Vista RC1? Currently, the cam is not recognized by the OS. Thanks Jerome.
November 10th 06 06:23 PM
by Amund Letrud Go to last post
7 316
Unreadable DVD written in Vista by Anthony
Dear All, I upgraded my computer from WinXP to Vista Ultimate x86, backed up all of my files in Vista, deleted everything and then installed Vista Ultimate x64. I did this because I was getting many errors after the upgrade, such as "if you delete this folder (or file) it will no longer be shared" whenever I would delete any folder or file. It would then take at least 15 seconds to delete...
November 10th 06 11:19 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 147
Any ideas how to fix aero problem on Radeon X800GT by Jonty
Have a Radeon X800GT card running with RC2. On startup the task bar and start menu are aero. As soon as open any program, hard drive etc it instantly reverts to Vista basic. If I go to personalize and colors and appearance, all that is displayed is Vista basic and the option to enable aero is not displayed. Have tried Windows repair and later drivers from ATI. Still no go. This was...
November 11th 06 12:24 AM
by Jonty Go to last post
7 192
No native Vista drivers for ATI Radeon 9000? by Torben Gundtofte-Bruun
Hi all! Is there no native Vista driver for the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB? I've looked at www,ati.com (and ati.amd.com) but the only Vista driver pack is "catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rc2" which doesn't include the 9000 cards. My computer gets a rating of 1,0 because Vista doesn't detect any RAM on the card. (Other components get ratings of 2,6..4,8.) But I don't think the graphics card is the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 06 02:34 AM
by JW Go to last post
10 269
Windows Vista does not reconize 56k modem by Mr.Wilson
Windows vista detects the modem however does not recognize it. I first tried with a US Robotics USR263095-OEM and Vista did not recognize the drivers. I then tried a generic modem that came with one of my old computers and was unable to install to drivers for that as well. Since I am unable to connect with that computer I have been searching for a solution to this problem, but have had...
November 11th 06 02:42 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 144
Tuner Problem by Steve
I have the MSI digital anywhere atsc card installed. media center only detects the digital tuner. I cant seem to get it to see the cable tuner. I have reset and resetup to the same thing. When Vista gets to the desktop the sound from the cable tuner comes on. I have looked for other apps that may be initializing it, nothing. I have installed the drivers that came with it and i have also...
November 11th 06 04:53 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 115
Tried to revert to XP, now my MSI 1029 notebook won't pass BIOS! by SuperCoolAl
I installed Vista RC1 and after messing it up so that no sound driver would install I decided to switch back to XP. So I booted off the XP CD and for some reason it decided to start copying files to hard disk straight away without giving me the option to reformat. I remembered I had this issue before with Vista Beta 2 but couldn't remember how I fixed it, so I powered off and powered back on...
November 11th 06 05:06 AM
by Steve Go to last post
1 123
Broadcom driver installation error by Blue
Mark - I'm having same issue. Can you please send me the link to the 64-bit version of Acer Launch Manager and I'm sure that will solve my problem too. Thanks! "Mark Henney" wrote: YES! After way too much time, I have gotten it working. I solved the missing file problem thanks to the help of everyone here. I also found a 64-bit driver on the Acer website (why I could not find it last...
November 11th 06 02:37 PM
by Blue Go to last post
0 129
scRGB, video cards and Wide Gamut Displays by ReneV
Most current monitors have a colour space that is limitted to sRGB. Some high end monitors like the Eizo CG221 support AdobeRGB. Current operating systems only output 8 bit data to the monitor, which is not enough for accurate colour display on these Wide Gamut monitors. Vista now has scRGB which is an even larger colour space, but I wonder if this solves the Wide Gamut problem and...which...
November 11th 06 05:38 PM
by ReneV Go to last post
0 112
scRGB, video cards and Wide Gamut Displays by ReneV
Most current monitors have a colour space that is limitted to sRGB. Some high end monitors like the Eizo CG221 support AdobeRGB. Current operating systems only output 8 bit data to the monitor, which is not enough for accurate colour display on these Wide Gamut monitors. Vista now has scRGB which is an even larger colour space, but I wonder if this solves the Wide Gamut problem and...which...
November 11th 06 05:39 PM
by ReneV Go to last post
0 121
Cannot find Drive by Bruce Kay
Been running Vista RC1 without any significant problems since its release. Suddenly my system doesn't recognize my 2nd hard drive (D:). Yet, Device Manager indicates it's there and it's working properly and the BIOS sees the Drive on boot-up. The last thing I did before it "disappeared" was that I copied a recorded TV show from "Recorded TV" on this Drive to "Recorded TV" on another PC on my...
November 11th 06 08:28 PM
by Ron_D Go to last post
1 125
Scanjet 4400C ActiveX error by wjl2
I've (apparently) installed the XP version of the HP Scanjet 4400C software on my RC1 system here. When I start the HP Precisionscan Pro software I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Chassis.ChassisHelpObject'." It's being sourced out of GTF.CHM, some compiled HTML which seems to be core to the scanner software working. If I ignore that, then when I tell it to 'Start a...
November 11th 06 11:44 PM
by wjl2 Go to last post
0 121
Vista RC1 + new Radeon = molasses. by Roadstergal
RC1 ran fine on my built machine - Jetway P4M890 motherboard, Pentium 4 775 CPU, 512MB RAM. I installed a Radeon X550 (PCI Exp. 16, 128bit, 256meg), and the machine now... runs... very... slowly. It could teach things to slugs. It is at a level of slowness that is basically unusable. When I look at device manager (with great patience as it slowly opens), I see only one adapter (the...
November 12th 06 05:38 AM
by Roadstergal Go to last post
0 106
Is Dell 8250 compatible with Vista? by Bill Rankin
Has anyone tried to install Vista on a Dell 8250 with the Intel 850E chipset and the 8280 1BA Ultra ATA Controller? The earlier Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor said that the system was not compatible with Vista because the Primary and Secondary IDE Channels were not compatible. The current WVUA says that the system is compatible but that it has no information about the IDE Channel devices...
November 12th 06 06:18 AM
by Bill Rankin Go to last post
1 115
USB mouse stops working by jwardl
In every build of Vista I've tried, my wireless USB mouse seems to stop working if I allow the machine to go into "sleep" mode. It seems the USB port is simply turned-off, as the power light on the base goes out, and no movement of the mouse, buttons, or sync buttons on the base or mouse will turn it back on. The mouse even disappears from the device manager, and a new search for hardware...
November 12th 06 10:16 AM
by Jon Abbott Go to last post
3 113
Sound? by Alex M.
Hey! Well I ordered my RC1 DVD about 2 weeks ago, so I should soon be getting it; maybe in the following two weeks. I've been preparing my laptop to be Vista ready. Even though it does have the sticker, I had to put in a new hard drive because I only had a 40GB and I didn't have enough space. Alright so this question relates more to sound playback with Windows Vista. After I ran the Windows...
November 12th 06 12:19 PM
by Clark Go to last post
3 396
ATI X1600 PRO 512 MB still Problems with Build 5744 by John
Hi still the same Problems with this ATI Card. Error Code 43 Also the latest Driver RTM/5744 from Ati is not working. John
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 06 12:44 PM
by Biggdave Go to last post
10 255
[Off Topic] LCD monitor (no signal) by nicholas
I know this is nothing to do with windows vista but I do not know where I could post this question. The problem is I have now moved over to a 20" Asus PW201 LCD monitor which is connected to a Vida 7900 GTO graphics card (I used to have a 20 CRT monitor). The problem is when I hibernate and switch the monitor off and I go to restart the computer (switching the monitor on first) the monitor...
November 12th 06 05:00 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
5 123
YMF753 Audio by James
Have you found Vista compatible drivers for the YMF753 yet? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
November 13th 06 08:02 AM
by James Go to last post
0 135
logitech vista support by km
just found this at the logitech forum quote We are finalizing our Vista development plans this week - a Vista-compatible version of StreamPoint will probably be available in the first quarter of next year. (It's a significant development effort). unquote
November 13th 06 05:37 PM
by km Go to last post

From The