must read by BillyG
August 25th 07 04:39 AM
by BillyG Go to last post
0 154
must read by BillyG
August 25th 07 04:39 AM
by BillyG Go to last post
0 158
Sitecom WL 133 wireless usb adapter by bindybandy
Really frustrated with this- Have XP home and a wirless network working fine for a year. If I install the sitecom wl 133 driver (version 1 I think it is) on Vista RC 1, it seems to install fine but cannot detect any wireless networks in range. If I reboot and select XP to load rather than Vista it detects the network fine and connects every time. It just can't seem to "see" any networks in...
November 1st 06 08:18 PM
by Jesse Go to last post
1 151
USB2.0/1394 PCI card for Vista by Bingo
Hi expects I have checked the Windows Vista HCL and noticed that the VIA VT6202 USB2.0/1394 controller card should be compatible with Vista. But when I tried to install it to Vista system but it seems it cannot find any suitable driver for it. Can someone give me some advices whether VT6202 is being supported or not ? Thanks Bingo
January 23rd 07 02:36 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 172
usb mouse install on laptop by binky boy
on a laptop... trying to install a usb mouse-microsoft compact optical mouse 500. this is a newer laptop and had another mouse that died so i know the usb works..please help me!!! i get these messages The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 07 04:31 PM
by ElJay[_2_] Go to last post
10 214
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS by Biochemist
I have all software up to date tried to setup audigy with lastest software from Creative Labs when I run the program vista reports back not device present? Can any one help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 08 11:57 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
11 487
Certified for Windows Vista my a.. by Bionk
Hi there, I came home from the store today having bought a USB network adapter from Linksys (WUSB300N). I had specificly looked for the "Certified for Windows Vista" to ensure that I wouldn't find myself... writing here at least. Now. The installation of the product worked fine and I found the network to be ok to begin with. The fact was that it wasn't and after a while it shut down...
December 24th 07 03:40 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 154
Internal/External HDD problems by Bios Nova
I bought a HDD caddy for one of my old hard drives. i set it up and formatted it and it worked perfectly. but when i removed it the "safely remove hardware" icon was still there, and the device it had listed was my internal HDD. now Vista will not reconise my external HDD and keepis listing my internal HDD as an external device. i tried a system restor but that did nothing. any...
October 18th 07 03:06 PM
by Bios Nova Go to last post
3 120
Vista reports more video RAM than i have by Bios Nova
Hey, I have a NVIDIA 6800 GS with 256 MB memory. A dxdiag reports that i have 744 video memory, why is this? Also when i go into system information on the NVIDIA control panel it tell me that i have 256 MB dedicated and 495 MB shared, i was just wondering where has this shared video RAM come from? (my motherboard has no on board graphics chip).
October 3rd 07 08:21 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 90
NIC stop working on Windows Vista RTM after 3 weeks by Birdy
Hi all, The NIC driver stop working after 3 weeks. I have tried the new Intel driver package, but it does not help. However, after I reboot the computer into Linux, the NIC works very well. Does anyone have the same experience? The NIC on my computer is Pro/1000 MT Desktop adapter. My computer is IBM ThinkCentre M50.
December 29th 06 09:29 PM
by Birdy Go to last post
0 161
Kensington Mouseworks now works OK by Birk Binnard
Previously the Kensington Mouseworks Ver. 6.2.2 software would not install properly in Vista. Now it does. So if you have an Expert Mouse trackball (which is the highest productivity pointing device ever invented) you can say Welcome Back to your programmable buttons. Oh Frabjous Day!! Calloo Callay!! -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com
April 18th 09 06:09 PM
by stubek Go to last post
3 229
Can't install LaserJet 2500 by Birk Binnard
My brand new Vista system refuses to install the software for my LaserJet 2500 printer. I know it's supposed to use the generic PCL6 driver for this printer and that seems to get installed ok, but there is no communication with the printer. I can't even add it as a network printer when the printer is connected to an XP system. HP and Vista say the corect software is supposed to be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 04:18 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
17 249
cd/dvd drive not recognized by birminghamj
My cd\dvd drive has stopped working and is not recognized on my computer anymore. I need some suggestions to my problem as soon as possible.
February 5th 08 06:45 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
8 159
my devices wont 'find driver software"??? by bishopsathome
It started with my printer, i use the cd to install, but it can't recognize/install!! now it's also happenning with my USB storage and my new 3rd gen iPod - i get the message that windows could not install driver software. these are supposed to be plug and play products....
November 19th 07 11:24 PM
by skipjif Go to last post
5 127
eSATA not being recognized by bisonbarsinc
I recently purchased a Vantec NexStar external eSATA hard drive enclosure and have been having some issues trying to get it to work connected via eSATA. Everything works fine connected by USB 2.0 but when I switch over to eSATA the drive is never detected in Windows. The drive itself connected with eSATA is detected in my bios and in the JMicron boot screen but Windows fails to see it. I...
August 13th 09 02:15 AM
by bisonbarsinc Go to last post
0 276
which 24 monitor? by bitla50
I´d like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors: 1. Eizo S2411W 2. Samsung 244T 3. Benq fp241w 4. NEC? 5. LaCie? Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very much!
June 25th 07 03:21 PM
by bitla50 Go to last post
7 148
4 GB RAM and 32bit Vista? by bitla50
Is it true, as I was told, that 4 GB RAM will only work with 64-bit Vista? Or can you have 4GB RAM or more with a 32-bit system?
May 23rd 07 11:26 PM
by Drew Go to last post
4 115
Problems after exchange graphocs card by bitla50
I have Vista Ultimate. I exchanged my Matrox 550 Milennium PCIe for a NVidia 8600 GT. I first removed all programs and drivers involving Matrox, shut down the PC and exchanged the cards. At the first start, there was a boot problem that was miraculously solved, I don'r know what exactly happened. Then the drivers would not install because allegedly I did not have Vista. After some restarts...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 22nd 07 12:42 PM
by bitla50 Go to last post
11 319
Zyxel prestige 630-c by Bizio
Hi, i can't install the device with te RC1 of vista. Could you please help me with other solutions? best regards
September 25th 06 01:03 PM
by Bizio Go to last post
0 173
Why can't I change resolution to 1280 x 1024? by BizitchMaster
I using a geforce 7600 with the latest drivers installed but for some reason I can't change my resolution to 1280 x 1024. The highest it will go is 1024 x 768. I had it at 1280 x 1024 in XP but now I can't set it at that. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 07 05:20 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The