Vista Back Up to External USB HDD by Wonderman
Just got a WD Passport for backups and Vista refuses it. Seems the drive is formatted for fat32 not NTFS. If I reformat the drive to NTFS will Vista Back Up accept it ?
November 1st 07 12:40 AM
by Wonderman Go to last post
2 110
New Micro ATX mobo reccomendation by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a Sony desktop water cooled running a Pentium D 2.8 / Vista 32 Micro ATX and wanted to get the groups ideas on replacing the board / chip / memory with something that will beat the current Vista score of 4.7 for the CPU. Rest of components run at 5.9. No gaming at all I just want to be able to use my CAD and rendering programs much faster which are now using 100% CPU. Current PS is...
March 1st 09 11:50 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
6 123
Vista32 to 64 Sony Vaio help by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a Sony desktop VGC-RA840G Pentium D running Ultimate 32 with 4 x 512 DDR2 4200 sticks. This is a dead silent water cooled machine I'd ike to keep. The specs call for that as the maximum although the chipset ( Intel 945P ) will go over 10. I'd like to run Ultimate 64. About a year or so ago I found a post about somene who upgraded to 4 x 1 meg sticks at the same speed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 04:44 PM
by Wonderman[_2_] Go to last post
12 581
Memory issue 2meg = 5.9 4 meg = ? by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a prior post ( see below ) where I swapped out 4 x 512 PC4200 and although Sony didnt state it dropped in 4 x 1meg 5300. First Windows expereince score was 5.9 and after the upgrade it dropped to 5.4. First batch was ildata & Crucial mix and these are all PNY. I think I'd like to go to 4 Crucial sticks as the PNY sticks werent allidentical ( couldnt tell till I opened the pack )....
June 22nd 09 07:51 PM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
6 317
CAS Latency question by Wonderman[_2_]
I have sticks of DDR2 PC5300 running on a 533 bus. On a 667 bus the latency is published ot ne 5 but CPU ID states 4 @ 533. Have I got this correct ? Looking at replacing ram per prior post. I had a higher Windows EXP. score with pc4200 ram running at a 4 latency yes there is a cost advantage at the moment for the 5300 ram / 667 bus / 5 latency. I'd like ot put in the 5300 and let the MB...
June 22nd 09 03:11 AM
by Wonderman[_2_] Go to last post
0 277
TV Tuner qustion by Wonderman[_3_]
Although this product claims to be Vista 64 capable will it run in MCE ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815122012
August 7th 09 02:51 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 290
Import Video Error by Woodberg
I'm getting an error when I try to import video from a Canon DV video camera. It says that there is no tape in the camera. However, there is a tape in the camera and it is playing in the backgroud of Windows Import Video behind the error message. Any ideas?
December 29th 07 08:17 PM
by Woodberg Go to last post
0 100
cd/dvd not usable after downloading windows updates by woody
After downloading Windows updates and driver updates, my cd/dvd player does not work. I cannot install my printer or camara software because the player will not open. I took it to Frys (where I purchased)and was charged for a diagnostics test which they stated was not a hardware problem, but a software problem which the warranty did not cover. They then charged another fee for putting my...
March 5th 08 03:39 AM
by widmerro Go to last post
2 124
New unsolvable problem for bluescreen (Window vista) by Woolf
My laptop is HP2133, with window vista (+service pack 1 & 2). I've had bluescreen a few times. The latest information of bluescreen (from event viewer) is: Fault bucket 0xD1_processr!ReadGenAddr+11, type0
May 9th 10 09:14 PM
by Bill Kearney[_2_] Go to last post
2 587
New unsolvable problem for bluescreen (Window vista) by Woolf
My laptop is HP2133, with window vista (+service pack 1 & 2). I've had bluescreen a few times. The latest information of bluescreen (from event viewer) is: Fault bucket 0xD1_processr!ReadGenAddr+11, type0
May 8th 10 01:29 AM
by Woolf Go to last post
0 397
Netgear WN511T by woolfiedog
Ive tried all the drivers on netgears site and as you say they dont even support 64bit drivers. The other problem is I am using an acer 5020 laptop and it has built in broadcom wireless networking with vista installed I cant even switch this on. without vista installed works pefectly. I didnt think I would have any problems with wireless anyone any ideas please.
November 3rd 06 04:46 PM
by woolfiedog Go to last post
0 118
New Realtek audio drivers 30 September by WorcsMarkH
Has anyone tried these drivers yet? I am currently downloading them at a measly 5KB/s! I tried the previous version but ended up with no sound at all and messages telling me they weren't proper Vista drivers. I couldn't uninstall them, so I had to resort to a system restore point. I am creating one right now! (just in case...) I have Onboard sound AC97 SiS963 ALC650.
October 3rd 06 01:58 PM
by WorcsMarkH Go to last post
2 135
ON Screen Keyboard by workaholick
When i start up my PC, The on screen keyboard allways comes on the screen at start up. I made a mistake by putting a check mark just one time. But i took the check out, and why does it still come up. I don't use the on screen keyboard. How do i permanently get rid of it? Thanks......Marvin
May 9th 07 12:50 AM
by workaholick Go to last post
1 112
HP DV 9000 BUILT IN WEB CAM NOT DETECTING by WORLDCUPGUY
I FORMAT THE DRIVE ON MY DV9000 AND DOWNLOAD VISTA ULTIMATE ..BUT ITS NOT DETECTING MY BUILT IN WEB CAM ..DOWNLOAD NEW DRIVER OLD DRIVER FOR XP BUT STILL ITS NOT WORKING...ANY SUGESSTION
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 07 02:07 AM
by Sosoomi[_2_] Go to last post
10 291
Enabling extended desktop with multiple monitors doesn't work by worldzfree
Hello, I have a Dell GX280 with a built-in Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family that supports two monitors. I recently installed Vista RC1 (5600) as a clean install and everything went fine. When the desktop comes up I see a mirrored desktop on my two Dell 1709FP LCD's. When I go into the dislay properties one of my displays is listed as greyed/not attached. If I right-click...
October 4th 06 01:30 PM
by Chris Maier Go to last post
1 462
enabling one desktop across multiple monitors by worldzfree
Hello, I have a Dell GX280 with a built-in Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family that supports two monitors. I recently installed Vista RC1 (5600) as a clean install and everything went fine. When the desktop comes up I see a mirrored desktop on my two Dell 1709FP LCD's. When I go into the dislay properties one of my displays is listed as greyed/not attached. If I right-click...
September 28th 06 05:14 PM
by worldzfree Go to last post
2 451
sorry about the dupe posts.. by worldzfree
it kept saying there was an error on submission
September 7th 06 02:46 AM
by worldzfree Go to last post
0 449
Cannot extend desktop with multiple monitors by worldzfree
I just did a clean install of RC1 (5600) on my Dell GX280. It is running an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family on-board video card and also running the DVI adapter that allows me to run another monitor. The OS installs fine but when I have mirrored desktops running by default. When I go into the display settings it shows my second monitor as greyed/disabled. If I right-click on...
September 7th 06 01:10 AM
by worldzfree Go to last post
0 1,038
C-Media Multicardreader by Wouter
Hello, I have a multicardreader (CM220) from C-media. Starting Vista the programm (cmiboot.exe) witch activates the cardreader in the taskbar, is constantly blokked. Administrator-permission won't help. Can anyone help me with this one? Kind regards Wouter
July 30th 07 05:16 PM
by Wouter Go to last post
0 106
3com gigabyte LOM (3c940) by Wouter Smaal
I upgrade yesterday from XP to Vista, but I have a problem to set-up the trivial internet connection. I can't set-up the connection because the only suggestion that Vista offers me is a connection with PPPoE (See http://tinyurl.com/37erh5. I want an internet broadband connection without PPPoE via my ADSL modem/router (Zyxel 2602). My ISP doesn't support PPPoE. Its not a network problem...
August 5th 08 10:07 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post

From The