Installing network printer on notebook by Wouter[_2_]
I'm trying to add a network printer on my notebook that's running Vista Home Premium. The printer is connected to my desktop with Vista Ultimate. It's a HP Laserjet 1012 (USB). When I run the wizard to find a network printer, it takes a long time and finally it says that no printers were found. I also tried to add a local printer, and connect it to a local port with the address...
August 18th 07 04:20 PM
by Wouter[_2_] Go to last post
0 131
Base score 5? by wow
I was just wondering if anyone has a base score 5. If so, can you describe your system. This is my system of base score 2.7 : CPU: Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz 2.7 subscore Memory: 1 GB 3.5 subscore Graphics: RADEON 9600 series 3.8 subscore Gaming graphics: 383MB 3.3 subscore Primary hard disk: 75GB total 5.3 subscore I plan on upgrading CPU to 3.00GHz...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 08 03:51 AM
by Jeremy Go to last post
15 336
usb bluetooth by wow
when I use a micosoft bluetooth usb, usb says it can not connect and device not found and I not find drive to update to hid but msi star key works
May 19th 08 01:43 PM
by wow Go to last post
0 170
bluetooth usb by wow
when I use a microsoft usb system says it can not connect divice unkown and i cant find the drive to up date to a hid but a msi star key works great but
May 19th 08 01:38 PM
by wow Go to last post
0 170
Video driver issue - can't change resolution by Wowbagger
Machine is a Toshiba Qosmio with an Intel 3100 (I believe) video adapter. I have the laoptop screen up and a Sony Trinitron monitor plugged into the SVGA port. I am unable to change the resolution on the Sony monitor while using it in a dual monitor configuration - when I set the screen resolution to anything other than 1024x768 and click apply the screen flickers, the resolution entry...
February 21st 08 01:04 PM
by Wowbagger Go to last post
2 106
Acer 5610z start up problem by wpcalvert
Hi all, When I turn it on my notebook, it will only show the first screen with the Acer logo and the blue bar on the bottom, that bar will get to about 60% before the notebook shuts down. During this process the screen shows the option for Press F2 for setup. When I do that, the option is replaced with "Please Wait..." and will do nothing further. Nothing happens if I press Alt and F10 either....
August 31st 08 11:06 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 268
trying to install Barbie girls to computer by wright
windows found driver software for your device but encountered an rror while attempting to install installiation unsuccessful, what should I do? -- wright
June 21st 08 01:29 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
5 259
Lexmark printer won`t work with vista by wrighty
:roll: Hi Afraid to say i don`t know a lot about computers but have just bought a new one and my lexmark Z640 printer now wont work. i have the disc for it and it shows up in my printer section states it is ready but when I try to print states it is not cennected or can not connect, Can any one help ? many thanks -- Posted at author's request, using fully moderated...
March 6th 07 05:06 AM
by chris Go to last post
4 250
Installed Samsung SH-S183L DVD-Writer on 64 bit Vista Ultimate. by wripples
Shows up on device manager. No drivers installed and will not accept my administrater for driver installation. I am the only user on this computer and it is not networked. Please, please , someone help!!!!
August 24th 07 08:41 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 144
Problem with Sony optical Drive by writebruno
I have a Sony optical drive wich also has Blue Ray playback capability. Playing music from a CD worked fine until I happen to tryout a Bue-ray movie which worked fine, but ever since my regular CD do not register nor play. The drive seems to be stuck in Blue ray mode as the blue laser light is on all the time. How do I change that configuration back to red laser light? -- Bruno S
June 8th 08 10:35 AM
by writebruno Go to last post
0 159
Performance of Integrated Motherboards by writer[_2_]
Greetings...I am in the process of upgrading my computer in the next few weeks... I want to get either a amd 5600 or 6000 chip and upgrade my Hard Drive to 250 or 300 gigs... and of course add vista. I work on my computer but do not have time to game (bummer). I do use my computer to play DVD's and to burn and write them. I spend a lot of time on my computer because of my home based...
November 24th 07 07:58 PM
by writer[_2_] Go to last post
3 113
cant turn off computer by Wrona56
ok so i had vista installed on my pc from the beta and now i have vista ultimate edition and everytime i go to start than shut down computer it will turn off but not compleatley it will go to a blue screen that says critical error or somethig and than it restarts it self any tips i reformated 4 times arledy with 4 diffrent copies of vista -- img...
June 17th 07 05:12 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
6 152
Add an IDE HD to a SATA Vista64 Set-up by WS6TA02
Hi, New to the Vista world and I recently upgraded from an older computer. Now I have an IDE HD that I would like to add to my set-up. My problem is that my MD does not have an IDE connection. I have a lot of pictures that I need to retrieve. I am not computer expert, but have no problems adding components. Is there a certain controller card or adapter I can use that is compatible with...
October 26th 08 04:48 AM
by bmoag[_2_] Go to last post
4 316
Can't Connect Motorola Razr Phone Help Please? by WSLB
I'm trying to connect my phone through USB to my computer but it wont install. The computer will recognize the device and ask if I would like to install and so I do. But it never installs properly. I already have the program installed and when I do a search on my phone it can't locate it. I just need some information on how to get it working.
July 15th 07 03:58 PM
by Gene1757 Go to last post
2 117
Vista Power Plan problem ux380 by wuruoyu
This is very very annoying, I just got an UX380N with vista recently, I don’t know this is a Sony apps problem, vista problem or UX problem itself. I try to edit the power plan for either high performance or power saver, then I put the computer into sleep mode, after a while I wake up the computer and login, the power plan that I was selecting is totally mess up(for example High...
September 28th 07 06:43 PM
by wuruoyu Go to last post
0 96
Vista PowerPlan problem.. by wuruoyu[_3_]
I have a UX380N, with vista business installed. frequent problems associated with Windows Vista power management plans. This is probably a motherboard bug. Step-by-step details.... Modify the power plan in Vista to with either high performance or power saver option, and then turn off the computer into sleep mode. Next time when computer wakes up and logged in, the power plan selections...
October 25th 07 11:28 PM
by wuruoyu[_3_] Go to last post
0 115
Windows Vista OEM by Wuzziwu
If I install Vista OEM and then change a the cpu, will it still work?
February 16th 08 03:23 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 172
Vista x64 Harware or Software issue by ww50
Heres is my issue. When adding a secondary hd to my system either internal or external the system will not boot into windows. IT will post and the bios sees the drive correctly. It will not boot with the second drive added even into safe mode. The drive checks good by checkdisk. it is formated. When in the external case with the power off the system will boot all the way and turning on the drive...
September 3rd 08 11:36 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 163
Upgraded my hardwre by Wyatt
Awesome os but damn i tried to upgrde some hardware *graphics card, motherboard, processor* and after 3 days and 8 or more hours on the phone with tech support staff i am switching to linux. It is a joke. When i bought Vista i didnt know i was agreeing not to upgrade my hardware. It is the most frustrating thing when you just spent thousands on a computer and hours putting it all together...
May 29th 07 12:12 AM
by TomKo Go to last post
4 110
limited wireless connections by wylieb
Oh Thank you thank you. After reading here (I'm a new member) I see Im not alone. PROBLEM: I can't connect to more than two of my computers at a time. I have two XP and two Vista - it would be interesting if I had a third Xp to see if I can connect to three (xp) at a time . . . bet I could. I've never had a problem connecting my two XP computers wireless but maybe i was just lucky. (or...
October 14th 09 02:47 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post

From The