high speed usb controller by wyodad
I recently installed a new MB (Gigabyte S-series) and the high speed usb controller won't install. The error message is as follows - Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller The system cannot find the file...
March 18th 08 12:17 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 142
Will not load cd driver by wyruss
I have had to re-install vista twice now....each time it cannot load the cd drive....each time i start it wants to look for the driver for this "unknown device".....i have both a liteon dvd r-w and a hp dvd r-w ....i've tried both drives.....i've tried making cdrom.sys run in xp compatibility mode and as administrater......please help
October 16th 06 05:15 PM
by ParadoxOne Solutions Go to last post
5 431
zonet zew2502 wireless usb adaptor driver is conflicting with some by wyzardofdogz
I have the "Vista Compatible" Zonet zew2502 wireless usb adaptor (driver v1.0.0.49 Marvell Semiconductor Inc.) and the problem I am having is EXACTLY every 60 seconds I experience severe choppy audio and video for 5 seconds which then smooths out until 60 seconds later where it repeats indefinitely. I did a system recovery and the first and only piece of software I installed was the driver...
March 27th 08 09:00 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
1 243
Better eSATA Chipset Than Silicon Image 3124? by W[_2_]
Does anyone know of an eSATA PCI-X and PCIe adapter that has an improved chipset over Silicon Image 3124? This chipset has desirable features, like the ability to create soft RAID sets, or alternately act with individual drives as hotswap non-RAID drives. It also has the ability to work with port multipliers on multi-drive enclosures. The bad thing is I have read reports that the 3124...
December 6th 10 05:45 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
0 578
Why NOT to use Vista by x1a4
Just some of the multitude and ever growing reasons not to use Vista. Government agency tells schools to shun Vista http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39285414,00.htm IBM will not use Windows Vista - but will move to Linux desktops http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5436/ Long list of Vista bugs
January 22nd 07 11:17 AM
by Kevin Spencer Go to last post
3 246
maintaining sreen size on 17" Non Widescreen by Xandersmum
It seems as though every time I turn off the PC and turn on again the screen has stretched a little bit so that the outer edges are disappearing. I am a complete novice so please help me using idiot proof instructions. I have tried to change the resolution but that doesn't solve it. Also this may not be related but when I go on the internet the text etc seems to only cover the LHS 2/3 of...
September 16th 07 01:41 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 94
Extreme Loading by Xasthur
I get extreme hard drive processing when I play music. ESPECIALLY new music which is odd. It goes away, comes back, goes away, comes back... I turned indexing off and I have Vista Basic 32bit
January 12th 08 04:41 PM
by Xasthur Go to last post
0 107
PHILIPS ToUcam II on build 5278 by Xavier Durieux
Hello everybody My webcam is only recognized as an audio device. Has any one been able to use this webcam as what it should be.... a webcam Thank you
October 1st 06 10:13 AM
by Xavier Durieux Go to last post
1 191
mouse and keyboard not working by xavi_an
I have windows vist 64x ultimate. I installed uniblue registry booster and did some cleanup using it. After restart my keey board and mouse stopped working. I am able to use the key board in bios setup and the mouse works fine while booting from vista DVD, but both not working inside vista. I tried restoring by booting thru Vista DVD, it says "No restore point saved" but i never deleted any...
December 10th 07 01:12 PM
by xavi_an[_2_] Go to last post
2 89
Extending primary partation by xavi_an[_2_]
I have installed vista ultimate 64x in 'C' drive, which is the primary partation of 30GB. My 'C' drive is almost full now, so i thought of extending it. I came to know that a OS dirve cannot be extendable. Hence i thought of reinstalling the OS. I booted with the VISTA DVD and format then delete the C (30GB ), D (20GB) , E(20GB) drives. Now i found 2 different unallocated space. 1 with 30GB...
December 11th 07 03:48 AM
by xavi_an[_2_] Go to last post
0 101
usb memory by xCal
Hi group, i understand that in order to use ReadyBoost, you have to use the rapid part of usb memory. then, how to recognize if a usb have a quick part?, slow part? thanks very much in advance, Carlos.
June 22nd 07 10:12 PM
by xCal Go to last post
4 158
Autorun not working for pendrive by xCaveman
Hi! everyone. I have this problem. Recently I installed VMWARE Workstation. I know that VMWARE disable the autorun feature for pen drive so I wasn't much concerned about it. But now I have uninstalled VMWARE but still the autorun for pen drive is not working:cry:. To resolve the problem I Disabled the Turn off autorun in Group Policy and enabled autorun in the control panel but still no luck....
May 27th 09 05:12 PM
by xCaveman Go to last post
0 275
WD Caviar 7200 RPM Hard Drive by xcelatit
RC-1 wont install because it cant find the driver for my main hard drive.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 06 03:06 PM
by Arny Krueger Go to last post
12 283
dvd/cdrom had disappeared?? by xcrazysimonex[_3_]
I have just installed vista onto a laptop using the dvd drive, but when it was all installed it hasn't seemed to install the dvd drive as it doesn't appear on my computer or device manager, just wondered if anyone knows a solution, I have tried to do the regedit thing but the files that need deleting aren't even there, want to put xp back on as the network adapter isn't working either as i think...
August 14th 09 04:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 262
Sony Digital 8 dcr trv255e by xdarkfayx
Well, for some very odd and quite frankly stupid reason, Vista will not install the drivers for my sony dcr trv255e camera (...why allow the drivers to run on XP, then disallow them on Vista, itn't that a step backwards?) Anyway...does anyone know how to get around this, or know of any drivers (perhaps for a newer sony cam) that might work? 'cos im pretty desperate to get my final film...
April 7th 08 08:28 PM
by xdarkfayx Go to last post
2 164
Event 19, Corrected Machine Check by Xenon
I have the Corrected Machine Check Warning logged in the Eventviewer. What does the warning mean? I also have numerous disk errors popping up in the Eventviewer, logged as "Event 7, The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block". Chkdsk /r finds bad sectors, but new errors keep popping up in the eventviewer afterwards. Could these errors be related? I am inclined to think it's a...
April 20th 09 02:45 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 217
USB mouse via PS2 KVM works when 2nd USM mouse plugged in by xenon2000
Odd behaviour. IOGear PS2 KVM 2-port built in cables. USB MS optical wheel mouse using its included USB-PS2 adapter. With Vista x32 Business with SP1, I have no issues. The setup works as expected. But with Vista x64 Ultimate with SP1, the mouse via the KVM mouse only works if I have a 2nd USB mouse plugged directly into the PC while Vista boots up. After it's booted, I can unplug the extra...
January 19th 09 03:49 PM
by xenon2000 Go to last post
0 193
Problems with PCMCIA network card and the dreaded Code 10 error by Xenor
All, I have a home built Vista Ultimate machine which I am attempting to setup in a "remote" location in my house with wireless. The plan is to utilize a Linksys Draft N PCMCIA card (Model WPC4400N) in a Rosewill PCMCIA to PCI card installed in my machine. I have already tested the WPC4400N in my laptop and it works fine. The Rosewill PCMCIA to PCI card also appears to install without...
April 3rd 08 10:01 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
6 204
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Driver by XeroMan
Following my initial setup of Vista an optional video driver appeared in the automatic update. I installed it and upon restart my computer would not make it past POST. I tried booting from the Vista disc, then the system repair and finally the system restore. Nothing worked. I had to do a fresh install of everything. Is this normal? I want to update the video drivers obviously, but at the...
November 17th 07 07:14 PM
by XeroMan Go to last post
3 145
Radeon Display adapter by Xeyla
I have and Integrated graphics card by NVidia on my motherboard, i installed a ATI Radeon X1550 graphics card and windows gives me this error: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. My question is, if I enable the radeon card and disable...
April 11th 08 10:54 PM
by Gobo Go to last post

From The