Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe by ajy0903
Hello. I have a question about Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. I was trying to install the Vista RC1 to my new motherboard, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. When i put dvd of RC1 and boot it up to install it. When it boots into the part that the vista logo suppose to come out (of course it doesn't have logo yet), at the bottom of it, where is the bar, it got grayed out and it does nothing from that...
September 9th 06 09:26 PM
by ajy0903 Go to last post
0 412
Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe by ajy0903
Hello. I have a question about Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. I was trying to install the Vista RC1 to my new motherboard, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. When i put dvd of RC1 and boot it up to install it. When it boots into the part that the vista logo suppose to come out (of course it doesn't have logo yet), at the bottom of it, where is the bar, it got grayed out and it does nothing from that...
September 9th 06 09:19 PM
by ajy0903 Go to last post
0 451
Vista RC1 does not catch my Nvidia 6200le by Aakash
Just got vista RC1 but its not recognising my graphic card. On same computer i have Xp which runs it with no problem. Vista is not able to start the PCI standard PCI-to-PCI brigde on which i have my graphic card. This problem was with Beta 2 too. I dont know what to do now its just too bad display i get now in vista. i have 1GB RAM with pentium 4 -3.06ghz my vram is...
September 9th 06 08:46 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 458
Working USB POTS modem? by EricBergan
Has anyone found a USB POTS (as opposed to DSL) modem whose drivers work with Vista? I've been trying to dig one out of US Robotics, but there Vista strategy seems to be to hope Vista goes away. Thanks.
September 9th 06 05:57 PM
by EricBergan Go to last post
0 426
hardware work with vista rc1 by ghislain
Amd atlon x2 3800+/asus motherboard A8nE/soundcard audigy2 platinum/graphiccard ATIpciexpress550x/2x512 ddr memory stick/hpdesjet3420/benQlightscribedvd recorder/ dvd lg reader/multicard reader,memorystick compacflash ect..
September 9th 06 05:53 PM
by ghislain Go to last post
0 435
Motherboard constantly beeps while running Vista Beta 2/RC-1 by ChrisN
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but here goes...I have been running Vista Beta 2 with no problems until recently I upgraded my motherboard (From a Gigabyte GA-K8U S754 to an Asus K8N nForce 3 250 S754) so everytime I run Vista Beta 2 the motherboard constantly "beeps" (a constant "beep beep beep etc"), the beeping starts at the boot loading screen and stops when I...
September 9th 06 04:22 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
6 434
way to manually edit what drivers startup calls? by robertkoch
is there a way to manually tell vista to load the USB drivers during boot-up? I think the issue is just that since im not deep enough into the OS (at initial setup for first boot) the drivers just havent been called. any suggestions?
September 9th 06 02:45 PM
by robertkoch Go to last post
3 391
USB Support in Upgrade vs. Clean Insall by robertkoch
Just wanted to share my experience- When upgrading from XPSp2 to RC1 when I got to the first boot and initial configuration screens I got NO response from any USB ports, meaning I had no input. Luckily I was able to salvage my files through other means and format and do a clean install.. after the clean install everything works great! might be something you want to check into....
September 9th 06 02:44 PM
by robertkoch Go to last post
0 473
Acer Tarvelmate 8104WLMi - filesystem corruption by Michael
Hello, I have a 5-months old Acer Tarvelmate 8104WLMi that's always been running Windows XP flawlessly. But each time I try a new Vista release (Beta 1, Beta 2, Pre-RC1) the filesystem of the Vista NTFS partition gets corrupted after a few hours of use. Anybody knows of that kind of failure? Could it be driver-related? DETAILS
September 9th 06 01:52 PM
by Corrado Cavalli [MVP] Go to last post
1 473
Linking to remote printer does not work by Louis
Hello, I have a canon i865-printer normaly connected to my w2k file/printer server. When trying to install that printer under vista 64 bit, that is to be reported impossible do to no compatible driver. However when connecting the printer locally, vista identifies the printer, and installs drivers, No problem :
September 9th 06 12:49 PM
by Louis Go to last post
2 478
Vista RC1 does not catch my Nvidia 6200le by Aakash
Just got vista RC1 but its not recognising my graphic card. On same computer i have Xp which runs it with no problem. Vista is not able to start the PCI standard PCI-to-PCI brigde on which i have my graphic card. This problem was with Beta 2 too. I dont know what to do now its just too bad display i get now in vista. i have 1GB RAM with pentium 4 -3.06ghz my vram is...
September 9th 06 08:02 AM
by Aakash Go to last post
0 464
Blue Screen Multiple times per day!!! by Timbo1138
I'm getting this exact problem. I can't use the system for more than 5-10 minutes before it bluescreens and reboots. There seems to be no cause, it's totally random. I've reinstalled RC1 4 times now, and it hasn't helped a bit. It *seems* to be a driver problem, but on the most recent 2 installs I haven't loaded any 3rd party drivers, it's using all 'out-of-the-box' ones. I'm stumped, and...
September 9th 06 07:13 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 509
Does anyone know if The Nvidia 6600 series choips work now? by
Hi I Have a nvidia 6600 256mb card I was wondering if anyone was able to get it to boot in Vista RC-1 with aero glass interface in normal windows mode with the lastest nvidia 93 series drivers ?
September 9th 06 06:38 AM
by Len Mattix Go to last post
4 607
Optical drives/RC-1 by Carlo Razzeto
Well, I've installed Windows Vista, RC-1. The problem that I seem to be having is, that despite the fact that I installed from a DVD-Drive, Windows Vista refuses to admit that I have any optical drives attached to my system at all. Anyone have this issue? It's rather odd, vista does seem to see my 3 primary IDE channels, and even understands that my Promise Ultra100 TX2 card repersents...
September 9th 06 04:22 AM
by Carlo Razzeto Go to last post
0 468
Can Beta Code Damage Hardware? by MerlinsWeb
I should know the answer to these two questions, and would probably find them if I searched long enough, but I figured I’d go strait to the source instead. Here goes: I tested Vista Beta 2 extensively using my primary PC, but on a completely different hard drive; having disconnected the primary hard drive running XP. I did this to safeguard the XP drive from possible corruption. My first...
September 9th 06 01:36 AM
by MerlinsWeb Go to last post
2 488
SATA & IDE multi-drive config by suzánne
test pc hardware meets/exceeds Vista requirements: 2 SATA hdds, 2 IDE hdds, 2 IDE DVDs Vista would not load on IDE drive, so I loaded it on the other SATA drive , BIOS sees all drives, when booting into Vista, none of the IDE hard drives are recognised, but the DVDs are. I really need the other IDE drives to be able to completely test Vista before it hits mainstream... haven't found a...
September 9th 06 12:54 AM
by Michael Go to last post
1 417
RC1 installation issue (usb wireless keyboard and mouse not resp.) by robertkoch
i installed RC1 and when it gets to the point where you configure the OS for the first boot it will not recognize my wireless usb kb/mouse. As a product Im stuck.. cant get into safe mode since it says safe mode cant configure the OS, no ps/2 ports (ps/2 through usb adapter also doesnt work), etc. any ideas?
September 9th 06 12:47 AM
by Michael Go to last post
1 440
RC1 & ATK0110 (x64) by formerprof
None of the ATK0110 drivers which worked with Beta 2 or with XP x64 seem to work with Vista RC1 x64. Has anyone solved this? All help gratefully received. formerprof -- ASUS A8N32SLI-Dlx AMD 4800+ 2 gb memory XFX 7900GT
September 8th 06 11:45 PM
by formerprof Go to last post
1 488
RC1 & ATK0110 (x64) by formerprof
None of the ATK0110 drivers that worked with Beta 2 or XP x64 seem to work with Vista RC1. Has anyone solved this yet? All help gratefully apprciated. formerprof -- ASUS A8N32SLI-Dlx AMD 4800+ 2 gb memory XFX 7900GT
September 8th 06 11:27 PM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
1 479
Frequent computer hangs in XP? STOP to take its place in Vista., A new blue screen for an old problem by MICHAEL
http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=5647 We've all had to deal with it. You know your computer has an inexplicable issue when it hangs mid-air while doing some important or resource-consuming task. It has been a problem for as long as anyone could remember, but nothing was really done to help the user or even the geeky computer technician pinpoint the exact problem behind that...
September 8th 06 10:42 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post

From The