Cool & Quiet and Vista RC1 64 bit by Louis
Hello, When running Vista my system becvomes very hot and unaccepatble noisy, due to the fact that "Cool & Quit power" management is not working. I surched the amd site and the net for a compatible AMD CPU driver, but I am affraid that that very essential driver is not yet available I hape I am wrong / some body can help.
September 8th 06 10:23 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
3 532
Any ideas on Out of Sync problem? by Armando Arroyo
Hi everyone, first let me tell you that this next problem I've had ocurred on both 5600 for x86 and x64. My system specs: Intel Pentium D 945+ @ 3.4Ghz ASUS P5ND2-SLI with Nforce4 SLI Intel Edition Chipset 2Gb DDR2-533 Kingston Memory XFX GeForce 7900GT 256Mb Graphics Card 2xSATA-II 160Gb Samsung Hard Drives Primary Display: Viewsonic VX2025wm, Secondary Display: Viewsonic VX924
September 8th 06 09:41 PM
by Armando Arroyo Go to last post
0 502
Windows Vista RC1 and 3com wifi card by Michele Di Maria
Hello, I am running the wifi card "3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g PC Card (3CRWE154G72)"... I installed the WindowsXP driver but the only way to let the card switch on is to open the program "3com Officeconnect Wireless Utility" and click on "Radio On", this every time I reboot the pc... So, for this card there's no native driver for Vista and the driver for XP has to be "switched on"...
September 8th 06 07:48 PM
by Michele Di Maria Go to last post
0 478
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC by David E
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
September 8th 06 05:23 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 526
Vista RC-1 Can't turn off line in sound by Peter
My only alternative here is to remove the plug when booted to Vista as despite Creative's latest drivers still can't disable sound from line-in (my sound system) despite the fact that I have disabled everything except microphone and speakers. No other inputs/outputs are showing in the console. (Have no idea how to get them back either...LOL) -- Peter Toronto, Canada
September 8th 06 05:04 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 489
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec by David
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
September 8th 06 05:00 PM
by David Go to last post
0 475
USB stopped working by shygirlxoxo
Last week all of my plug n play type devices stopped working. No camera, no printer, no PSP!!! lol Anyone out there that can help a girl out?
September 8th 06 04:59 PM
by shygirlxoxo Go to last post
0 493
U by shygirlxoxo
September 8th 06 04:56 PM
by shygirlxoxo Go to last post
0 684
USB devices stopped working by shygirlxoxo
Last week all of my USB devices stopped showing up. I have tried the printer, the PSP and my camera and card reader. The ports are fine but the computer stopped detected all plug n play type devoces. Anyone have any idea whats going on?
September 8th 06 04:56 PM
by shygirlxoxo Go to last post
0 502
Kodak c330 Camera problem by MCR
I have a Kodak c330 digital camera which worked fine under XP, but under Vista it recognises it, connects and then says that there is no pictures or videos on the camera! I have checked the camera itself and it is indeed storing pictures correctly. I could get a smartcard reader, but I was puzzled because it actually recognised the camera and has it showing in the 'Computer' section with...
September 8th 06 01:33 PM
by HagarTheHorrible Go to last post
5 520
Lenovo Verizon Wireless... anyone get it working? by Brandon Shell
I installed RC1 and everything worked great... except Verizon Wireless.
September 8th 06 12:38 PM
by Brandon Shell Go to last post
0 513
No USB by like2hike
After installation of Beta 2 I did not have any USB ports. I upgraded to RC1 and hoped that would solve the problem. I still do not have any USB ports. I look in the Device Manger and do not see any. How can I get Vista RC1 to recognize my USB ports? Is there a driver I need to install? Thanks for your help.
September 8th 06 11:40 AM
by like2hike Go to last post
0 595
Higher Resolution - Screen Scrolling RC1 by Zilldian
Strange... I'm testing Vista on my laptop (RC1). It's got an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 in it and it's using the microsoft drivers (version 6.0.5536.16385) By default windows set's my screen resultion to 1024 x 768 @ 60hz. This isn't too bad for a 15 inch LCD but I'd like to set it to 1280 x 1024. When I do, it seems that windows makes the background larger than the LCD screen on the...
September 8th 06 11:34 AM
by Zilldian Go to last post
2 574
ATI, Vista RC1 and Display Drivers by Juozas Dovydaitis
I'm experiencing a strange Vista behaviour: I made a clean Vista RC1 installation, installed ATI drivers, when needed I rebooted. Everything looked fine. Than I had to reboot again, and guess what - i saw an error message "Display driver stopped working and has recovered". After couple of seconds my screen starts flickering, and all I can see is a mouse pointer. Intel Pentium D 3.00 GHz 1GB...
September 8th 06 06:48 AM
by Juozas Dovydaitis Go to last post
2 516
Display adapter - Not enough free resources Code 12 by Bob354
Look under the topic: "Nforce 430, onboard sound card and video card issues" I posted a possible answer to the problem (it may not work for you, but it can't hurt to try). "PTaylor" wrote: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
September 8th 06 06:13 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
0 606
HP DC7600CMT - Nvidia ASUS N6600GT problem by Skippy
There seems to be an incompatibility when trying to use an HP DC7600CMT with any nVidia PCI express card. The one I am attempting to use is the ASUS N6600GT. The HP DC7600CMT has an onboard intel graphics chip that DOES work fine. However, when trying to use the nVidia card I receive this error in device manager: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) It...
September 8th 06 06:13 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
2 452
Nforce 430, onboard sound card and video card issues by Bob354
I think I have solved this. On my motherboard (Nforce 4 Ultra), in my BIOS, under the Power-ACPI settings, the APIC support setting was set to disabled. Upon setting it to enabled, and unfortunately doing a re-install (didn't work until I did that, but your mileage may vary) everything worked perfectly. Apparently Vista requires APIC to be enabled. Why it was set to disabled, is beyond...
September 8th 06 06:09 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
0 552
wireless USB kb/mouse not responding in RC1 by robertkoch
I just installed vista RC1 and now that the install if finished and its on the first boot it comes up with OS configuration screens. at this point my wireless usb kb/mouse does not respond at all. I tried using a ps/2 kb w/ usb adapter and it also does not respond. unfortunately my computer doesnt have any ps/2 ports so my only option is to get these usb things working. the kb and mouse both...
September 8th 06 03:24 AM
by robertkoch Go to last post
0 469
RC1: No Sound from X-fi or after driver install from Creative Labs by JB
Just for the record. I can't believe that by this point CL or MS cannot autodetect an X-FI in Vista 64 and install it properly. What they are saying about being a Beta 3 might be true. RT
September 8th 06 02:51 AM
by Ron Mann Go to last post
1 540
RC1 installation issue (usb wireless keyboard and mouse not resp.) by robertkoch
I just installed RC1 and when it finishes installation and asks me to configure the OS for the first boot there is no response from my keyboard and mouse. its a logitech kb/mouse set. I also have an old ps/2 keyboard that i plugged in via a USB adapter since my computer does not have ps/2 ports and that also does not respond. all of the keyboards/mice work fine in BIOS and prior to Vista...
September 8th 06 01:57 AM
by robertkoch Go to last post

From The