Vista and CD/DVD burning by acemls
I am having same Problem as BurrWalnut. I have not Installed Nero, and I don't have AOL, and I have been a Computer Tech all my Life, and I love Vista, I have gotten everything to work, or Microsoft has sent me an update, that fixes the Problem within 2 Hours of sending the Error to them. The only problem, is I can't get Vista to Burn anything. Seems to only work with Music and Video. I...
December 13th 06 03:26 AM
by BobC Go to last post
1 396
Scsi Cdrom ejects constantly by Aceangler
I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1401 scsi drive that ejects constantly. I have updated the drivers for the scsi controller, Adaptec AHA-2940 PCI, but it still persists. It works fine as long as I have a disc in the drive and am actively using it, but as soon as its idle, eject. Any Suggestions? Vista Home Basic Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.1Ghz 1g Ram DDR 2 WD 40g drives
January 8th 08 01:37 PM
by Aceangler Go to last post
0 135
DLS sound device issues... HELP!!! by Ace of Spades
Is the DLS device in my sound drivers actually a driver?? because basically my computer has no sound whatsoever, I've tried all the volume switches, tried all the ports and the DLS device is working (apparently). So do i need a separate sound card? or should I be able to hear sound through my comp anyway? If i don't need a Sound card, then what is wrong with my comp?
June 4th 07 03:54 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 178
changing hardware after vista install by ace
I plan on purchasing vista soon. the problem is that after i install perhaps a couple of months I probably will upgrade most of the hardware in my computer, such as motherboard, video card, processor...I was wondering how would this affect the authentication of vista. Is it better to just wait and install vista on a new sata hdd rather than my old one and just wait until i upgrade?
February 5th 07 02:17 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
6 234
Vista can't connect to my WinMobile 5 device... by AC [MVP MCMS]
Whenever I plug in my Windows Mobile v5 device via USB, Vista's Mobile Device Center doesn't see it. I check the error log and see the following in the Application log: "Windows Mobile-based USB device is plugged in but is unable get a network with the desktop." Need to do some updates to the WM5 OS as it's still affected by the DST change.... didn't think it would be, but everything is off...
July 6th 07 01:38 AM
by AngieK Go to last post
3 172
Pioneer DVD Writer Disappears After Reboot - Vista RC1 by AC - 2006
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has experience issue with DVD writer disappearing from Vista RC1 after rebooting. I have a Pioneer 111D installed with a Liteon CD/DVD combo. When I restart my PC, either from a cold or warm reboot, Vista can see my Liteon drive but not by Pioneer DVD writer. However, If I go into DEVICE MANAGER and perform a SCAN FOR NEW HARDWARE, the Pioneer DVD writer...
October 19th 06 03:42 PM
by Dave B Go to last post
5 268
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting by ac
I've got the same issue with the 5000. Every time this happens I need to remove the bluetooth device and add it again and only then it works. Frustrating to say the least - any suggestions?
November 22nd 09 12:16 AM
by ANew[_2_] Go to last post
1 174
vista is horribly slow today after cleaning my cpu fan. by abudahim
hi today i cleaned my cpu fan (wish i didn't) , after i put everything in its place, i run my machine and it started slowly. also the games that was running fine now it runs very slow and i can't play it. my base score is the same (4.3). i dont know what is wrong ? any ideas ? thank you i forgot to tell you that my processor is pentuim 4. and my VGA is nvidia 8800 GTS.
May 25th 08 06:09 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
4 196
Vista crashing, I need a way to know whats wrong by Abubakar[_3_]
Hi, My vista crashed 2 times today. This is probably the first time since december 2007 when I bought my laptop with Vista. I know the usual question would be to check if I installed some new drivers or any hardware device but thats not the case as far as I know. Its a Vista Ultimate system, with a cor 2 duo 2.ghz, 2gb ram, wifi etc. The first time it crashed today was with a blue screen...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 09 02:23 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
16 491
Vista won't recognize my USB for camera or flash drive by abster45
Hi, I have used my Vista system to download pictures from my camera ( Fuji Finepix ) before, but now it is not working. When I plug the USB into my laptop, it makes a little beep like it normally would when it recognizes new hardware, but nothing comes up. I went into the My Computer tab and it is not located there either. I recently tried to use my USB flash drive and the same thing...
November 25th 07 02:11 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
1 860
Vista only Recognizes one of my 3 harddrives... help? by abshero
Hi, I just installed Window's Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my new build. I have 3 harddrives installed (2 150gb and 1 640 gb). My BIOS reads all 3, but when vista is booted, I only have a C: drive available (one of my 150 gb). None of my drives are in a Raid array. Can anyone inform me how to get vista to recognize the other 2 drives? Thanks in advance.
May 28th 08 05:55 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 145
Gforce cards + VIA pt880 ultra by Abram730
There is a problem with the pt880 ultra and Gforce cards. The basic driver with vista kind of works...well it is stable but slow. The 97.46 driver also has problems. Every driver after that have masive video corruption and there are alot of us with the identical problem and different types of cards and mobo's. With or without the VIA 4 in 1 doesn't affect the issue. e6600 2gb ram 667 7800gs
May 17th 07 04:45 AM
by Abram730 Go to last post
0 125
Ipod and Itunes Problems by ableman2
Windows Vista Home, 30gig harddrive Ipod. If I plug in the IPOD it causes Itunes to freeze (stopped responding). Once I unplug the IPOD everything goes immediately back to normal. Thoughts? Sean
December 27th 07 07:57 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 137
How to install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? by Able Cox
How do I install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? Microsoft said: "The user could change the graphics hardware configuration by choosing multiple graphics adapters that use the same WDDM driver. Graphics adapters from the same ASIC family generally have the same graphics driver. In late 2006, each of the major graphics vendors had a single WDDM driver for all supported...
January 24th 08 04:24 AM
by Able Cox Go to last post
0 142
usb-to-serial adapter by abitaman
I've just purchased a Dell with 64 bit Vista and I'm having a problem finding an adapter. My handheld Magellen GPS uses a serial connector and of course all the new computer has is usb. I've already purchased and returned one adapter which didn't have Vista drivers. Any help would be appreciated.
November 15th 08 11:19 PM
by Rando[_2_] Go to last post
2 281
Accidentally deleted the recording devices by AbiPR
Hello! I accidentally deleted the recording devices on the Control PanelSounds. I want to configure my mic, but I can't select configure because there is no audio device installed. What can I do to install again my mic? I hope someone can help me.. Thanks -- AbiPR
January 4th 08 06:46 PM
by fan87 Go to last post
7 114
Upgrade 8GB RAM for 680i SLI Mobo with Vistax64~ by Abiosis
Hi,I'm thinking about upgrade to 8GB RAM for my system (680i SLI Mobo) with VUx64.... 'Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227289) Can my mobo handle these 8GB ram with 1066? please enlighten,thanks~~~
August 22nd 09 10:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 244
HP Photosmart C3100 series printer knocks off the internet connect by Abid Chugthai
I bought a brand new HP pc and HP photosmart C3100 series printer one week ago and I am using the USB port on the from for a linsys wireless-G connection. The problem is that when I turn the printer on, it knocks off the internet connection. It seems that Vista does not like the USB port connections. Please help.
February 13th 07 06:49 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 175
Probem installing driver software by Abheeth
i have a flatbed prolink scanner model simplex 8400u "winscan pro 1248u" it works fine in xp but in vista i am unable to install its drivers. when i plug it in it recognizes it and tries to install, but it says that an error has occured and that the specified file cannot be found. when i try to install it manually through the driver cd, vista does not recognize that it has been installed....
August 8th 07 08:02 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
8 150
Cannot scan by Abheeth
i have managed to install the drivers to my scanner. I am using adobe photoshop in vista ultimate. when i try to scan, an error message appears saying "could not complete the import command because of a poblem with the aquisition module interface" when i try using just the scanner software by itself, the program just closes. the scanner is a "winscan pro 1248u" i have windows xp installed...
May 17th 07 08:05 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post

From The