  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
WMDC - Outlook Script Blocking? by Barry
Hello, I like many am pulling my hair out trying to get my Cingular 3125 to sync. It did at first, but I think after a Microsoft Update it stopped. I have a Dell Latitude D620 running Vista Ultimate. The WMDC software recognizes the device, but I get the "Activesync encountered an error on my desktop" with a code 85010014. In one article I read it says that my virus software 'might have...
June 8th 07 09:07 PM
by MBro Go to last post
2 106
WMDC / Artemis disconnects by debully
Background: No problems with vista/orbit before sending laptop of for a hdd swap out, comes back with a new drive and I do a fresh install of Vista, WMDC has been updated to final version 6 in the mean time and nothing now works. Orbit is then hard resetted. WMDC tries to set up the device but before I can press the 'set up my device button' my laptop thinks the device has...
May 13th 07 10:28 PM
by debully Go to last post
1 157
WMDC / HTC Artemis by debully
Sort the issue with WMDC and the htc ARTEMIS which fails to connect., ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...
May 13th 07 10:32 PM
by debully Go to last post
1 155
WMDC /WM5 - File transfer stall by thehaggis
Running WMDC 6.0.6783 with a Cingular 2125 w/ WM5 and a 2gb miniSD card. If i try to transfer any sizable file or grouping of files I will get (http://www.box.net/shared/static/c0h7btp653.gif) as an error message, also the transfer speed is god-awful..18mins for 32mb. I've installed & uninstalled WMDC several times to no avail. Though I have noticed this (...
April 2nd 07 08:52 PM
by thehaggis Go to last post
0 97
WMDC and HTC STRTRK by Aaron Pollock
I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not successfully installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other phones on this system...
February 8th 07 06:49 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
6 159
WMDC and WM3 problems by quellicheinternet
Hi All I installed WMDC Beta3. When I connect my hp ipaq hw6515 (WM3), i can create and manage relationship, and i can see file directory and SD Card on the mobile device. When I try to start sync action with outlook 2007 mail, calendar, task and notes, on pc i receive the message: Windows Mobile Device Sync Host has stopped working (application name WdmHOst.exe, Exception Code: c0000005 ...
January 12th 07 09:12 PM
by quellicheinternet Go to last post
0 133
WMDC Disappeared and my hx4700 is not connecting by Eugene Pinero
Hi all! I did check the newsgroup for this problem and did not find any previous thread for it. After installing and reinstalling WMDC several times, now it "disappeared" completely from my Laptop (Windows Vista Ultimate.) In my last install attempt, it looked for HP RNDIS driver, installed it but, then, it "disappeared." I checked CONTROL PANEL, INSTALL-UNINSTALL menu and it is not there; I...
March 17th 07 02:12 PM
by Eugene Pinero Go to last post
0 100
WMDC error when syncing PocketPC by ncgodawgs
Hi. Any help for a computer illiterate would be truly appreciated. I have been syncing my Audiovox XV6600 pocketPC with my laptop running Vista Home Premium. It has worked correctly for almost 6 months. Approximately two weeks ago, they stopped syncing. I get an error message stating "An unhandled exception has occured in your application" "Retrieving the COM class factory for component...
September 19th 07 12:50 AM
by ncgodawgs Go to last post
0 106
WMDC not recognising Dopod D810 by Abes
Hi, Have followed a lot of the posts here and tried the suggestions provided but to no avail. My problem is as follows: I have a Dopod D810 from 3 Australia, and connecting it to my PC (with Windows Vista Home Premium and updated) it provides the Bing-bing connection sound, shows a connection (linked computers) on the PDA screen. On the PC, in WMDC, all I see is the Mobile Device Settings...
May 7th 07 01:14 PM
by Abes Go to last post
0 135
WMDC sync error help by Clair
I have a cingular 2125 and Vista Ultimate (final release retail version)and cannot get sync to work. I can connect and see the files on the phone, but get an error message "ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop" and syncing fails. Can you offer any help in getting syncing to work? Syncing work fine with my phone under Windows XP. Thanks for any help you can provide.
May 7th 07 09:02 PM
by thehaggis Go to last post
7 152
WMDC sync with ipac on Vista by Di
Have been reading posts in newsgroups for several days now sync using the Mobile Device Centre. By using some of the advice given I may, or may not, have nearly solved it - so near yet so far! The WMDC and Sync Centre are recognizing my ipac 1940 and it actually syncing. But where to I'm not sure! On XP I used ActiveSync with Outlook 2000. I have Outlook 2000 installed on my new Vista...
March 5th 07 05:09 PM
by Di Go to last post
0 203
WMDC syncing with Cingular 8525 by Dunja
I am trying to sync up my Cingular 8525 with my PC (running Vista). The moment I plug the USB cable into the phone the PC asks for the password, I type it in and WMDC tries to connect and then says: Error! I deinstalled WMDC and reinstalled it but have no luck. Can anyone help? I was on the phone with the Microsoft helpdesk for 4 hours and they can not figure it out. I think it has something...
March 16th 07 11:22 PM
by Dunja Go to last post
3 160
WMDC Woes by Scarlet Pimpernel
Hi, I am trying to sync my Windows Mobile 5.0 device with Vista using WMDC Final Release and all I am getting is the autoplay dialog. Does anyone know how to proceed from here? Thanks. James
February 9th 07 04:56 PM
by Scarlet Pimpernel Go to last post
0 202
Wmdc wont activesync only usb mass by mooismyid
Hi, I'm new to the boards, I recently switched the profile on my Windows Mobile device running 6.1 to usb mass then after I was done using that function, I switched it back to activesync,but even though my device says its on activesync, my computer only recognizes it as a usb mass. wmdc wont even flinch any solutions please running vista ult x64
June 24th 09 03:03 PM
by nomore Go to last post
1 262
WMDC \ HTC Artemis \ Unidentified Device by debully
I've tried to install my Artemis a million times now and each time Windows does not recognise the device and installs the generic Windows Mobile device driver which just does not work. On occasions it tries to install the Pocket PC driver which works for one second then displays - no drivers are installed for the ARTE20000 driver. I can manually add this driver like in WinXP as I cant find...
May 10th 07 02:00 PM
by debully Go to last post
0 93
WmdHost.exe TAKING ALL RAM available, locking system, and taking f by Ken Beard
See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=ken+beard&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us for more details of original issue. I'm still noticing the above problem. I connect my blackjack and then WmdHost.exe sucks up ALL available memory...
June 11th 09 12:43 PM
by RoBac0 Go to last post
3 274
WMP 11 does not recognize mp3 players by AlbertvandeRiet
WMP 11 does not recognize mp3 players, SD-crads, UBS-drives. They do not show up in the devices screen of WMP. So it is impossible to synchronize files to them. How can I manually add devices to WMP 11? Thanks, Albert The Netherlands
August 20th 07 11:14 PM
by AlbertvandeRiet Go to last post
0 97
Won't Burn Data Discs... by Wingman
I have a new Gateway GM5415E w/a DVD Burner (supposedly a multi-format DL drive). I can burn music (wmas) using Windows Media Player; however, when I try to burn documents or other data to the same brand of CD-R it simply ejects the CD and says: "There was an error burning this disc." I've tried Windows Burn Wizard (gave me the previous explanation) & Nero (also unsuccessful)
March 30th 07 12:52 AM
by Wingman Go to last post
0 110
Won't charge phone through USB by Lance
On my old XP machine, I could plug my Motorola into the USB port, and it started charging automatically. I now have a dual-core Pentium Toshiba with Vista. I was certainly surprised when I plugged my phone in and was met with a message box requesting that I install a driver. I don't want Vista to find and install software or a driver. I just want to charge my phone. Vista asks for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 07 01:33 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
10 264
Won't Initialize External Hard Drive by Fishdoc
I am having problems getting Vista to recognize my Western Digital My Book hard drives (both a 500 GB and a 1 TB drive). When I plug the USB cable in it goes through the installing drivers and says it installed and the device is ready to use. However My Computer doesn't show the drive. Disk Manager tells me the drive needs to be initialized but when I try to initialize the drive I get one of...
January 8th 10 03:05 AM
by Fishdoc Go to last post

From The