vista rc1 media center & asus P7131D by yoniy
hi. i'm using asus "My Cinema-P7131 Dual" tv-tuner. it worked fine with the bundled software (cyberlink powercinema 4) on winxp x64, but on vista rc1 powercinema crashes when i try to watch tv (though it was able to identify the tuner and scan the channels - all expected chanels were found). when i try to use the vista media center to "set up tv signal", it says "tuner not found". i'm using...
October 4th 06 03:46 PM
by yoniy Go to last post
0 188
no audio capture for asus p7131d tv-tuner by yoniy
hi i own an asustek my-cinema p7131 dual tv-tuner. i'm running vista ultimate x64 rc1 (on a second partition). i'm using asustek drivers ver 13.3.1.4 for x64 (offered for winxp x64pro or win2k3 server x64, but that's all there is). the drivers list in the device manager as: "ASUSTeK Silicon BDA Video Capture" (the way it has under winxp x64). the video capture work as intended (finding a...
October 10th 06 06:35 PM
by yoniy Go to last post
0 128
Partioning External Hard Drive using Vista by yoohoo422
Hi, I just got a new computer with Vista on it. I am trying to make a partition bigger in my External Hard Drive, (when I first got it, I didn't think out drive size very well at all). I have gone through the Computer Manager, and when I try to use the unallocated space to Extend the drive I want to, I first get a message that says the operation I selected will convert the selected basic...
May 31st 07 02:34 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 122
Serial RS232 Adapter for Windows Vista by Yorgy
Hello, We have a gadge device that uses an RS232 serial adapter that we would like to connect it to our Windows Vista computer. We are trying to import data from the gadge into an excel spreadsheet. When I try to use the Hardware Wizard to install the device, Windows does not detect anything connected to any serial ports... Does anyone have any ideas?
April 16th 08 01:12 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 107
Umax Astra 6700 Driver for Windows Vista by YSUT
I just upgrade from XP to Vista. But, the scanner cannot scan perfectly. Anyone can help me where to find the vista driver, since the umax official website has not the driver ? TIA. Sutisna
July 6th 07 01:10 PM
by BillD Go to last post
4 152
about OID_IP6_OFFLOAD_STATS and OID_IP4_OFFLOAD_STATS by Yu Hao
Hi , I'm developing network card driver on Vista ,my card does not support taskoffload , but I'm always receive the query oid OID_IP6_OFFLOAD_STATS(0xfc01020a) and OID_IP4_OFFLOAD_STATS(0xfc010209), I've tred to return NDIS_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER or NDIS_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED ,but the query was go on... What can I do ? --
September 14th 06 08:18 AM
by Yu Hao Go to last post
0 246
can't see my cd drive by yumi
my computer can't see my cd drive. not when i put a cd in or when i go looking for it. help!
July 9th 07 11:46 AM
by freddy Go to last post
7 109
Second Display shows "Out of Range" when Laptop is Closed by yummygrubs
Hi all, My girlfriend has a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista Home Basic. I set up a second display (17" Hewlett Packard CRT) for her so that she could hook her laptop up, close it and look at the second display on her desk. All was working fine until she changed the resolution on the CRT, and somehow placed it in a setting that was OUT OF RANGE. I have subsequently tried unistalling the...
June 11th 08 07:12 PM
by AE Giver[_2_] Go to last post
4 200
ATA Channel 0 problem by yurymetelski
After I installed recommended (!) update of NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller yesterday I do not have any devices listed under ATA Channel 0 and the DMA is not enabled anymore (the checkbox isn't even there). It used to shows DMA enabled with Ultra DMA Mode 5. What does it mean? Why is my harddrive not listed there and not showing DMA enabled? What implications does it have for my...
March 9th 07 04:01 PM
by koze Go to last post
4 154
No sound with SoundMax on Vista RTM by Yuval Rakavy
Good day! I have upgraded my Dell Precision 450 to Windows Vista Ulitimate RTM. It installed SoundMax Integrated audio driver. However, there is no sound. Even the configuration applet does funny things: 1. When trying to test the speakers (Right click on the volume control, select Playback Devices, selecting speakers, clicking on Configure, and pressing the Test button) yield the...
March 13th 07 02:27 AM
by Ejr49 Go to last post
5 155
No Sound after upgrading to Vista RTM from XP SP2 by Yuval Rakavy
Hi! I have upgraded my Dell Precision 450 to Vista Ultimate. Before the upgrade I had really good sound. After the upgrade, nothing... When I try to play something using Windows Media Player or Media Center, I get an error that file cannot be opened. I have tried to reinstall the driver, get a newer one etc. In device manager the driver seems to be working fine, except that there is no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 07 06:12 AM
by BA1975 Go to last post
19 315
Motorola Moto Q cannot synchronize by YYZRic
The built-in "Sync Center" doesn't synchronize with Motorola MOTO Q (smartphone) and the old ActiveSync is not supported by VISTA. Does anybody know a workaround to synchronize the MotoQ with OUTLOOK? Thanks
December 4th 06 06:59 PM
by weiqj Go to last post
2 175
Troubleshoot device conflicts by Z
Ok. So, I firstly I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an MDG Visionbook model: MS-10342B. This comes with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (model 900 or 950 not sure which but apparently it uses the same driver). The driver can be found on a third party site that I have. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post 3rd-party sites on the forum, and also it doesn't really matter for the issue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 07 04:35 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
10 267
HP OfficeJet 5610 and Photosmart 385 - unable to find a core drive by Zabetprof
I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website, the 385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during the device installation, I get the following error: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern driver package. I get...
May 29th 07 03:54 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 151
No soujd while pleying warcraft by Zac
HI all, can anyone please be kind enough to help solve this problem. I am using Vista TM RC1 64-BIT OS .. I can heard sound while playing Music and video...however when i start warcraft...this application first apear on the list ...and there is a few seconds of sounds before it's lost again....and then followed with no sound at all whie i was playing games...therefore...PLEASE help..your...
October 17th 06 05:26 AM
by Zac Go to last post
0 140
Drive Letter Access (DLA) by Zach
I had seen several posts that DLA is not compatible with Vista but these posts are several months old. Does anyone know the latest with Sonic DLA ? Does it work with Vista ? Is it supported ? Is it more trouble than it's worthed ? Thanks, -- Zach
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 07 02:52 PM
by GTS Go to last post
11 275
Ati X1300 hardware installiation problem by Zach
I have an Nvidia 680i Chipset motherboard, 2.6Ghz Core2 Quad. 3.5Gb of RAM. Vista-64 Home Premium. When I put in my video card it ran fine one startup. I soon tried to install the hardware from the CD so it would recognize it as a video card and let me enable the 3d accelerator and directX draw. when I tried to install the catalyst control and the hardware I got this erroe when it was...
October 5th 07 01:36 AM
by Zach Go to last post
2 152
nVidia DX10 Support with Vista by Zach
Does the nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS Card support DX10 in a Vista ? Thanks -- Zach
September 26th 07 12:09 AM
by Kornowski[_2_] Go to last post
1 116
NTFS to FAT32 Formatting by Zachary Hunt
I have a portable hard drive that has a card reader attached also, it is for downloading my mCF cards form my camera and should be formatted to FAT32. A friend borrewed it andformatted it to NTFS and i can't seem to find how to reformat it to FAT32. Any sugestions greatfully recieved. Kind Regards Zachary
October 12th 07 03:18 AM
by Don S.[_2_] Go to last post
6 124
Microphone issue by zachary.duke
I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop, and i can't get my microphone to work. I have SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, and all drivers are up to date. I plug in the microphone, and it says "Working" next to "Microphone/ Line In" when I enter Control Panel -- Sound -- Recording. However, the bars next to it that light up green when there is sound, never light up. The computer does not garner...
March 31st 09 01:21 AM
by zachary.duke Go to last post

From The