  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Alps Pointing Device Driver. by Matty1992
Hi, After about 10 minutes of me being on my laptop, a message appears telling me the Alps Pointing Device has stopped working and that it had to close. This then disables the scrolling function on the right hand side of the touchpad. The only way i can get it to start working again is if i either restart or open the folder for the driver and run the exe. Please help me fix this problem as...
January 13th 08 04:12 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 90
Printer/desktop/other by Kathi
First thing that happened was I can't print; the computer shows the printer as ready but jobs go to the queue and nothing happens. I tried to uninstall the printer software and get a message that windows installer is busy. Then I lost my desktop. All I get is a black screen. Everything else is working. I tried updating everything, windows and drivers, and nothing's worked. Any...
December 2nd 07 08:02 PM
by Kathi Go to last post
2 90
Serious external drive problems. by EddieG
I've been having serious external drive problems across a range of drives: USB, IEEE doesn't matter. Windows explorer gets lost in a search mode when just browsing a directory (you see a little magnifyer moving on the folder icon) and ultimately ends up in "Not Responding" mode. Several times a day, different drives. To make issue wierder, Vista won't let me safely remove the drives since it...
December 3rd 07 12:55 AM
by EddieG Go to last post
0 90
Hidden Vista32/64 Tricks,Tools,Tips! by Russel Pitt[_3_]
These Hidden Tools Will help you get max performance,What are Best of Vista, Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,How Using USB keys to improve Vista performance and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 14th 07 02:21 AM
by jabloomf1230 Go to last post
1 90
DVD drive missing by Hassan[_2_]
Hi, The DVD drive on my laptop is missing and I did not upgrade to vista, vista came pre-installed. It happened four days ago and I called the tech support and they were totally useless, they told me to do some stuff that I already tried, and then they told me to restore my laptop to the factory settings. Is there other ways to fix this problem instead of restoring everything from backup. ...
December 20th 07 02:13 AM
by guzarva Go to last post
3 90
Vista Ultimate 64bit and LG DVD/CD-ROM by sboadi
My Vista Ultimate 64bit cannot open the dvd/cd-rom with DVD-RW in it. I am not able to access the dvd-rw to even format it. The drive is LG GSA-H54L. I want to be able to format DVD-RW and use it to drag and drop things like you will use a memory stick. Any help? Thanks. -- sboadi
December 22nd 07 06:17 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 90
Sleep mode and DVD player not being recongized after wake up by Rick
I have noticed that when my computer goes into sleep mode, when I wake it up, the DVD player that had previously been recognized is no longer. I have an new Panasonic DVD burner that is always recognized, but the problem is with the second OEM version DVD player. It is recogized on POST and when the computer is booted up, but once the computer goes into sleep mode, it is then erased from...
November 25th 07 03:21 PM
by Rick Go to last post
0 89
No Activesynch service shown on PDA by John F Monahan
I have a Dell Axim X51. It use to syench via USB. it no longer does. i get a com surrogate not working error. i then set it up to synch via bluetooth. it dd for a while but stopped. when i try to synch it the pairing and partnership works fine but the only service availalbe from the PC is Dialup networking. no activesynch. any idea? i appreciate the help. John
November 1st 07 09:08 PM
by John F Monahan Go to last post
0 89
CardReader Problems by Sandip
Hi, I've gone through all the post for cardreading problems but none of the suggestions seem to work. The very first time i used my microSD card my comp did not recognize it right away and only did so after i rebooted the system. But since then it wotn recognize it at all! The four card slots do all show up as removable devices on device manager n all say working properly. I do vaguely...
October 27th 07 06:23 PM
by Sandip Go to last post
0 89
A8V-VM SE Sound Problems by deltrey[_2_]
I've been searching for a while now and I can't find a Realtek driver that will work with Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. Can someone help me out here and point me in the right direction? -- deltrey
October 17th 07 03:18 PM
by cvp[_2_] Go to last post
4 89
HOW DO I... by GopalKrishn
i'm not able to use a pen drive with my PC. when i connect a pendrive, the new hardware installtion wizard starts. However the operation fails after searching for the neccesary drivers in my PC. Is that my PC lack neccessary drivers for the Pendrive to work? If so, what should i do to make it work? System Os: Windows XP.
September 25th 07 04:05 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 89
Restore Devices to Found New Hardware by Jonathan Cochran
When I connected a device (my Handspring Visor handheld) to my new Vista PC for the first time, the "Found New Hardware" window came up asking to install drivers for it. I accidentally clicked the "Don't show this message again for this device". How do I get Vista to try to install drivers for this device again? Thanks, Jonathan
March 29th 07 09:50 AM
by Mick Go to last post
1 89
Exporting video throug 1394 does not work with Vista by KaGu:-}
I am using an Amilo Pa 1538 +b laptop from Fuj / Siemens. It is possible to capture video from my DCR-HC40E with an acceptable rsult, but when trying to export an edited AVI to the camera it does not work. I have tryed the Fuj /Siemebns support but they "does not support software". Sony states that the DCR-HC40E is compatibled with Vista and instructs me to contact Microsoft to get a...
May 6th 07 01:08 PM
by KaGu:-} Go to last post
0 89
Keyboard/Mouse compound device won't install by Tom Scales
I have a great keyboard that I love. It has an integrated pointy stick and the old 'IBM' feel. It is a USB keyboard with a single USB connector. The problem is when I plug it in, it doesn't find drivers. Should just be a generic HID device. It works flawlessly with Windows XP (surprise, surprise). The vendor says it is Microsoft's problem as it is just a keyboard (I see their...
May 8th 07 03:15 PM
by Tom Scales Go to last post
0 89
Microsoft keyboard problem under vista by Ihar
Hi I am using the Wireless Multimedia keyboard 1.1, recently I changed from another MS keyboard and since I changed to the wireless multimedia keyboard the keyboard / pc / vista and I are having issues. For example: 1 the End key performs a ctrl-prtscn function 2 in excel I can select a range of stuff, use ctrl-c to copy and then use the keyboard to move to where I want to paste it, the...
May 31st 07 07:36 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 89
My mouse double clicks frequently when I single click it by mcrunner1
I have a Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse. Originally when I installed Vista, it was an upgrade of Windows XP. I noticed this activity when play a game (Tiger Woods 2006). It didn't do it all the time, but was annoying and also happened in other applications though not as noticible. I recently did a clean install of Vista and did not install Tiger Woods or any other games. I'm still...
July 16th 07 01:12 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 89
Humaneyes sucks! by Humanass
We are a company in Turkey and we purchased the package from them. Humaneyes software, services are sucks and totally rubbish. Don't be fooled by Humaneyes anymore!
August 4th 07 09:16 PM
by Humanass Go to last post
0 89
BFG 650i ultra mobo by cdland
Hello people... having fun yet ? Ok so here is my problem... I have a new motherboard, BFG 650i ultra. I had XP and vista on my old dead board, a P5P800se AGP 865pe chipset. So now to the 650i chipset, setup XP on this board and it works fine. Setup the duel boot to Vista on the second Raptor hard drive and after the first reboot I get the BSOD from the ntdll.dll hard error. Tried turning off...
August 12th 07 10:50 PM
by cdland Go to last post
0 89
Gig increase for faster working responce by Computer Idiot
Hi, I am a non-programmer but with a wish to work a bit faster. i just invested in a dual core 1.86 with 1 gig ram. I then upgraded to 2 gig and the speed has not changed. I was told that the system reserves the percentage regardless of what you have for ram.. i am not sure if that is true as it does not make much sence, hopefully i can tool it so that i have quicker responce. i do not...
August 28th 07 06:54 PM
by Computer Idiot Go to last post
0 89
Vista Mediacenter supported TV tuners... do they work on Business? by Noozer
If I have a TV tuner that is natively supported by Windows Vista Ultimate or Home Premium for Mediacenter functionality, do the same drivers come with Vista Business? Will Vista install drivers and I can just install a TV viewing program?
March 23rd 07 08:03 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The