Washed out screen when on battery power by Tom
I have a Dell B130 Inspiron Laptop. the laptop screen works fine when on charger. When I go to battery power the screen becomes washed out, colors are not correct and hardly readable. This is a new problem. I have the laptop set for automatic update. Has anybody else experienced this problem? -- Retired Tom
September 3rd 06 11:29 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 542
RAID install on an existing array using RC1 (32+64) by tcpaulh
Here's an odd one. I've downloaded the latest RC1 nforce drivers and tried installing both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista RC1 (clean install) but they show the same problem on my 4*250GB SATA RAID0 array. Motherboard is a DFI SLI-D. Before and after using 'Load Driver' during setup it just shows only 3 of the 4 drives separately. The array currently has XP Pro on it as well as a data partition,...
September 3rd 06 10:02 PM
by B Go to last post
1 476
multimedia keyboard by backo
i have microsoft multimedia keyboard but multimedia key dont work in vista, need help plz...
September 3rd 06 05:59 PM
by backo Go to last post
0 491
Sony Digital Camera - DSC-W100 by Todd Smith
Hi I have connected my Sony digital camera (DSC-W100) to Windows Vista, and Windows Vista does not have any drivers for it. When I connected it to XP it did not require any drivers. My Old Sony Video Camera connect using USB still works DCR-TRV33. Interesting?
September 3rd 06 04:31 PM
by Todd Smith Go to last post
1 590
Scanner / CanoScan 5200F by miko
My scanner doesn´t work with Vista RC1 and I can´t find any driver for it. What shall I do? -- miko from Berlin / Germany Oh god, give me the power to close my mouth, untill i know what i want to say.
September 3rd 06 04:20 PM
by miko Go to last post
0 504
Issues with New Nvidia Vista drivers - 96.33 by d3fin3d
Well, I installed the lastest Vista drivers, which install fine with the Pre-RC1 build 5536. My personal results below: - Window dragging laggyness I experienced before with the default drivers, has been improved. Within Quake 3: - No more mouse/keyboard input lag - FPS back to normal (from 60 with default drivers, to 125).
September 3rd 06 04:14 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 536
ATI TV Wonder 2.0 by HPM
Any idea if/how I can get this to work. The drivers all seem to be loaded OK for the hardware - no conflicts show up in device manager. TIA
September 3rd 06 02:32 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 498
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by Soft.
I Have the same problema when i try to update graphics card (optional) NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE for NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 05-08-2006 by "windows update" gives me the same error. CODE 8024AFFF "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption...
September 3rd 06 11:53 AM
by Soft. Go to last post
0 505
travelmate 4001lmi battery not recognized by Marco Kühnel
as of 5600 rc1 its still an unknown device :-(
September 3rd 06 10:39 AM
by Marco Kühnel Go to last post
0 523
Logitech & HP Scanner by cyanna
That drivers will be available by the time Vista ships. They don't have to help with the testing of Vista...... "Mark D. VandenBerg" wrote: Microsoft does not write the device drivers for products made by other manufacturers. What were the responses from Logitech and from HP when you asked them when they were going to support you, their customer, by helping you with their product?
September 3rd 06 08:55 AM
by cyanna Go to last post
0 491
USB drives and mapped drive letter conflicts by TechDesign
Happy to report back on my own post...THIS IS FIXED! Build 5536 fixes this issue. Now, USB drives, and I assume any removeable media, finds the next "available" drive letter, avoiding mapped drives. Thank you Microsoft for fixing this headache! "TechDesign" wrote: In Windows XP, I always had problems with clients who wanted to use USB
September 3rd 06 05:42 AM
by TechDesign Go to last post
0 514
Modem Drivers!!!!!!!!! by Dually Man
Where can I find and who make a modem that connects through ehternet Thanks Dually man "superyooper" wrote: What kind of modem did you find that works? I've been trying for over a week
September 2nd 06 10:56 PM
by Dually Man Go to last post
0 495
U3 thumb drive doesn't work by Micahman74
This is what I know but also as far as I've got... 1: You need to have launchpad intaller set to autostart 2: You have to remove password protection (at least while you are doing this) 3: Plug the drive in, launchpad will try to run, popup informing you that launchpad is not compatible and option to check for update. 4: Choose yes, IE launches and you are informed that a software update to...
September 2nd 06 08:41 PM
by Micahman74 Go to last post
0 469
USB Flash Drive Boot by William
I know this is kind of off topic, but has anyone tried the install either Linux or Windows on a 4 gb USB Flash drive and then boot their computer from it? If so, what would be the procedure and how would be of a benefit? William
September 2nd 06 04:18 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
2 512
USB Ports by Tom Hammond
I'm having a *little* more luck on my Gigabyte GAK8N-PRO SLI motherboard. With 1.1 + 2.0 only the keyboard and mouse work... all other devices try to install but fail Disabling 2.0 in BIOS (i.e. only 1.1 support) allows me to use all my other devices: external disks, camera, scanner, printer etc. nvidia Drivers not ready?
September 2nd 06 11:34 AM
by Tom Hammond Go to last post
0 437
USB Ports by Tom Hammond
I'm having a *little* more luck on my Gigabyte GAK8N-PRO SLI motherboard. With 1.1 + 2.0 only the keyboard and mouse work... all other devices try to install but fail Disabling 2.0 in BIOS (i.e. only 1.1 support) allows me to use all my other devices: external disks, camera, scanner, printer etc. nvidia Drivers not ready?
September 2nd 06 11:33 AM
by Tom Hammond Go to last post
0 528
Screen never turns off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
September 2nd 06 04:56 AM
by Hauk Go to last post
0 466
Screen never turns off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
September 2nd 06 04:55 AM
by Hauk Go to last post
0 469
problem with creative live 24bit USB on 5536 by Hilmar
the system recognizes a usb sound device. when I go to "manage audio devices" and then "speakers" and "configure" I can set it to 5.1 and the test clearly puts sound through all five speakers correctly. However, no program plays 5.1, only stereo (wmp, media monkey). it does not work with other creative drivers as they only work for internal cards to this point. any idea how I an fix this?...
September 2nd 06 04:28 AM
by Hilmar Go to last post
0 485
TV Tuner in build 5536 (saa7134) by Vanja Lolz
I previously ran vista public beta 2 and managed to get my TV Tuner card (Compro DVB-T300, phillips saa7134) working in media center. It took alot of trial and error with various different drivers found on the internet. Now I have upgraded to build 5536, and no matter which driver I try I haven't been able to get Media Center to detect my tuner card. The best result I've had is to have the...
September 2nd 06 03:06 AM
by Vanja Lolz Go to last post

From The