DVD-ROM MISSING by A J M Nunes da Silva
With my PC I do have 2 internal DVD/CD-ROM and another external via USB. All 3 disappeared from "My Computer" and from "Disc Manager" and I am now unable to use anyone of them. But in "Device Manager" they are shown with a yellow mark and a "!". If I uninstall anyone of them and reboot it will appear again in "Device Manager" with that mark. If I try to update its controller the Windows...
May 29th 08 09:31 AM
by brummyfan Go to last post
2 165
safely remove hardware by A
I just accidently clicked the ( D:) to safely remove so now everytime i turn on the computer at the bottom on the right side conner there is the icon which is safely remove hardware but i don't want to remove the d dirve. what should i do?
November 16th 07 01:49 PM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin (www.azurin.org) Go to last post
4 138
cd rom problems in x64 vista by @ngeLCD
Windows cannot access either of my dvd rom drives, the following message is displayed in device manager. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) It seemed to happen after I installed Nvidia's Nforce4 drivers. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem still exists. I also tried replacing the cdrom.sys file to no...
April 5th 07 10:56 AM
by apprentice idiot Go to last post
5 192
Blurry fonts when changing DPI scale with LCD screen by @ Windows7 M1
on Vista there are 2 settings 96, and 120 (I believe) for DPI, but when I tried to enter my own custome dpi scaling , (108) (note I turn off the XP scaling style box) the text seems blurry on my LCD screen... why? Of course I am using the LCD at its normal resolution that is 1680x1050 thanks
January 25th 08 06:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 142
Dreamscene worked witjh my ATI 1650... by =2L8M8=Basher
Hi Guys, I have an ATI 1650 that worked great with dreamscene, on dual monitor briliantly, howerver ET wouldnt so I went out and bought a GForce 7600 and now Dreamscene wont work at all I cant even choose a background, just plain colours. good news - ET Works lol Any suggestions please? Dave
March 24th 07 05:16 PM
by =2L8M8=Basher Go to last post
0 108
What am I missing ( regarding HD speed index ) by 913fred
I have been using Vista RC2 on my PC. Bought a (new) used MB and Video card that were more compatible with Vista. After installing Vista RC2 on this new hardware configuration, I was pleased that the Vista rating was 4.1 ..with a HD rating of 4.9. ( I printed the screen for future reference ) Now I have purchased and installed Home Premium. Unfortunately, the rating has dropped to 3.2...
March 28th 07 02:48 AM
by woody Go to last post
1 116
samsung ml-1710 laser, install network printer, 'workaround' by [email protected]
vista home prem preinstalled on T2250 laptop 1GB ram repeated tries to install printer (attached ot another computer on small LAN), gave "... not enough memory.." type message. connected ml-1710's usb directly to the vista. setup printer. asked for CD. offers list (chose newest, winxp). printer installed ok. printed from this connection. connected vista computer back to to LAN. this time was...
May 2nd 07 06:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 127
usb and removable media PLEASE HELP!!!! by 85buddy
hello and thank you for taking the time to read this!! i have a problem with my USB ports and i dont know what it could be the ports themselves work fine i can use most devices through them things get detected through them ok aswell but what the problem is, is that removable strage devies wont install properly it detects that they are mass storage devices but no matter what type of drivers i...
September 25th 07 04:40 PM
by 85buddy Go to last post
0 102
defective HDD? by 7vis
hi, I have a problem with my hard drive. recently my boot up time has been slower than normal. So this is what i did: a) press "esc" at startup and enter test mode. b) did a "boot up test" both memory and hard drive were tested. memory passed the test while hard drive stoped at 30% with this message as follows: #10008 - replace hard disk 1 1720 - S.M.A.R.T. Hard drive detects imminent failure.
September 11th 09 05:56 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 149
rapi, activesync, and sync center by 70f9
rapi is used with activesync. Since activesync is not used in Vista, are the rapi dll's used with the new Sync center and Mobile Device Center?
February 13th 08 07:31 PM
by 70f9 Go to last post
0 187
are rapistub.dll, rapi.dll and the other rapi*.dll files req'd by 70f9
have an error about rapi*.dll, and it is being called when Windows Mobile Device Center starts. The message from wmdc.exe says rapistub.dll is a "bad image" How can I reinstall these dll's?
February 13th 08 07:13 PM
by 70f9 Go to last post
0 161
impossible to connect usb hardrive and mouse by 6stemD
I guys, I have a problem with a vista home premium, when i connect my usb mouse or my usb harddrive, the vista tell me i can install the good drivers?? In past when i plug the mouse it's work. if i check the mouse and hardrive in another computer it's work well, and windows install the good driver; If someone have an idea ??
July 21st 08 08:20 PM
by 6stemD Go to last post
0 144
USB Devices not installing by 63xNeto
Hello, I have WVista and seem to have problems installing USB Devices. OS seems not to recognize it and tried to follow the HELP support from the internet. I searched for an updated drivers but I have been able to make them work. The devices are a WebCam (Lebeca Pro II and Packard Bell Store and Save 3500 external HD). I have a WXP OS and when plug these devices to it, they work, so I know...
September 24th 07 02:43 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 111
DVD/CD unit is not operating propeerly by 4George
Hi Recently this unit is not recognising pre-recorded or formatted discs which it previously had recognised. I have a HP laptrop and the drive is a mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the driver with no success. In one of the forums it is suggested that the 'UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" in the HKEY registry be deleted but I am not sure about doing this...
January 30th 08 05:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 300
BSOD while waking from hibernation by 4fingers
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266/en-us I have recently been having problems when trying to waken from hibernation mode. I seem to be able to do it fine the first time but when I the computer wakes from it the second time it simple gives a BSOD giving this technical information KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR STOP 0x00000077 (0000000E 0x0000000E 0x00000000 0x19E81000)
June 3rd 07 10:15 AM
by freddy Go to last post
4 189
Non-existant keyboard? by 4everyoung_1949
Hi! My Device Manager, as well as Gametap gamming site, shows two keyboards on my system. I only have one keyboard, logitech wireless mx3200 keyboard and mouse. Device Manager shows two idenical usb keyboards, can I like uninstall one driver on one to solve the problem. Two keyboards are interfering with gamming. -- Steve
November 14th 07 04:42 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 119
joystick wont work by 45th_august1
logitec force feed back 3d pro wont work with cobat flight simulator i can program all the buttons the x y axis wont work its like its not seeing stick -- 45th_august1
October 7th 07 09:39 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 173
set association control panel by 455nomad
need to sedt association control panel on my computer -- 455nomad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 455nomad's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/109748.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1204718.htm http://forums.techarena.in
June 28th 09 10:42 PM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
3 266
Two Quad-core Procesors - only one shows up by 3deuces
I bought Windows Home Premium. I have a dual processor workstation. Each processor is quad-core XEON 5355. Only one got installed, so my task manager only shows 4 cores, and DxDiag only shows one processor. In XP Pro I see all 8 cores. Did I get the wrong version of Vista?
October 7th 07 08:35 PM
by mathews2010[_2_] Go to last post
2 114
Promise TX4650 on Vista x64 .. Anyone? by 3BABY
Hey Guys and Girls im trying to install Vista x64 on an array using a Promise TX4650.. but the drivers from their website dont seem to work, the 2K8 driver doesn't work, im starting to think they dont have a x64 driver out, can anyone confirm or does anyone know how where the driver for this controller is with vista x64? thanks in advance.
July 1st 09 05:28 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post

From The