I suddenly have no sound!!!! by BizzieBody
Please help me, I have tried everything i can think of and still no sound!!! It is a new laptop, and sound was working fine until yesterday, it has windows vista if that makes any difference! All sounds are on full, nothing is muted, the computor is picking up sound but i can't hear it!!! Help me please..... thankyou
May 11th 07 11:14 AM
by BizzieBody Go to last post
0 97
cd/dvd cannot start error 10 device manager by bj 3233
have 2 new machines running vista. both machines lost their cd/dvd drives after installing Norton 360 anti virus. Device manager error 10. Have tried to delete drivers but driver keeps comming back even though device will not start.
May 8th 07 09:34 PM
by bj 3233 Go to last post
3 125
Running vista home premium in 1024x600 resolution by Bjarne
Hi I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 3667G, which has a 17" LCD (1440x900). When running XP it was possible to run this screen in 1024x600 (Which suits my eyes best). But after upgrading to vista this resolution is no longer available. The nearest is 1024x768 which is not good because it is stretched, so it looks funny. The video board is a Radeon X700, and i am using the latest Ati drivers
February 16th 07 03:13 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 249
Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode? by Bjarte
A couple of questions, any help appreciated. Is there any way to change the graphic settings from Safe Mode such that when I restart the computer it will start with the new settings? I know there is a low resolution option from the F8 menu during startup, but this does not work. The only thing that seems to work is the VGA driver in safe mode. Is it possible to make my laptop use this driver...
May 22nd 08 11:15 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 162
Using multiple graphic cards by Björn Smedberg
Greetings! I've got 2 displays atached to my ATI X1950XT wich has 2 DVI connectors. Now the thing is that I would like to install a third display using my second graphic card ( NOTE! its different ) its a old PCI with only one vga but how do I install it in VISTA? Does Vista support multiple graphic drivers? Yours Björn Smedberg
April 1st 08 01:23 PM
by Björn Smedberg[_2_] Go to last post
7 293
Hard Drive making high pitched noises by bjdku
After installing Vista RC1, I noticed my hard drive is making audible high pitched noises. The pattern of the noise is 1 second steady beep-like noise, then maybe .1 second silence. When I create disk activity, the noise alters or disappears. I did not have this noise when running Windows XP. I have a Dell Latitude D810 with a Pentium M 1.73 and 1 GB RAM. It is possible that it isn't the...
October 1st 06 07:01 PM
by bjdku Go to last post
2 155
Not going to sleep by Bjorn
Hi This has been discussed many times but my problem may be a little different After Sp1 rc computer will not automatically sleep using power options Choosing manual sleep works just fine so it´s not the usual problem with wakening computers after sleep. I have more or less changed everything but the computer wont sleep, turn off
December 22nd 07 05:50 PM
by Bjorn Go to last post
0 91
WMDC & Vista by bjwisdom
As with many others my mobile device and my vista computer can't sync. I get support code 0x85010014 and windows doesn't seem to be offering much meaningful support. They upgraded to WMDC from active sync but some of their suggestions go back to activesync and since activesync isn't running on vista I can't figure out what to do. The firewall issue seems to help others but it hasn't done...
November 6th 07 08:49 PM
by bjwisdom Go to last post
0 127
Snipping tool by BJ[_3_]
How can I print from the snipping tool? The only way I've been able to print is send the snip to my email. -- Bruce "You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." John McSame, More Bush in more places !!!
June 17th 08 06:14 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 170
Acer Travelmate 4400 WLan Probs by Björn
Hi there. I have a notebook from Acer (Travelmate 4400). Now the problem. The Buttons in front of the laptop doesn't work, so i can not activate the wireless lan card. It's already installed, but i can not manually put the card on. The old drivers from acer also do not work. Can anyone help me with the problem. Thanks Björn
October 16th 06 10:33 AM
by Björn Go to last post
0 184
Vista Business: Bluetooth Hands-Free Breaking Skype by BK
I just got my laptop with Vista Business. As an experiment, I paired a Bluetooth headset with the laptop, to see if it worked; it did. The problem came later, when I went out with the laptop and tried to call someone on Skype, without having brought the Bluetooth headset with me - I got a message on the taskbar saying that a program was trying to use Bluetooth hands-free, and to connect...
March 18th 07 02:41 PM
by BK Go to last post
0 155
usb 1.1 on vista by bklfjl
I have a MPMAN MP3 player which connects to a usb 1.1 port. It does not work on my Vista Home Premium computer. Any ideas?
October 26th 07 08:13 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 90
Diamond Supramax Model # SM56PCI modem driver by Black Baptist
Anyone know where I can get a vista driver for this modem or a generic one that'll work? TIA
February 7th 07 07:51 PM
by Guy Lapierre Go to last post
2 202
PCI Latency nvidia fix by Black Baptist
Caused by areo transparency disable it and the nvidia and pci latency issue will resolve.
February 10th 08 05:45 AM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
0 98
why does vista report 1536 megs of ram as 1535 megs? by Black Baptist
anyone know why vista reports 1536 megs of ram as 1535 megs?
January 9th 08 08:58 AM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
2 117
Single vs Dual Core Performance by black clouds
I'd like to know if anyone using a single core processor has noticed any significant improvement in performance after upgrading to Windows Vista or is it only those with Dual Core processors that are noticing significant improvements to performance? (Please, this question is for those who were previously running XP with the same hardware, if you’ve increase your RAM or made other hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 07 09:10 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
48 950
realtek audio installation error by black clouds
I did an upgrade from xp pro to vista RC1 build 5600 on my notebook (LG P1 Dual Express), which uses an HD Realtek ALC880 Chip for sound. Vista installed realtek audio drivers and the sound is fine but I no longer have access to the realtek HD control panel nor does the S/PDIF out work so I downloaded the latest vista driver from Realtek's site (5302 PG218 Vista) but when I try and install...
November 7th 06 06:04 AM
by black clouds Go to last post
2 136
Installed New Realtek driver on RC1 - Awesome sound by black clouds
If you have any of the following Chips: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268 from Realtek - get the new driver (Driver Package R1.48 Vista driver Version: 5.10.0.5317) they just posted to their site a few hours ago. I'm running RC1 build 5600 on my notebook with the ALC880 sound card from Realtek and I just did a smooth installation of...
November 9th 06 05:57 PM
by black clouds Go to last post
2 116
New Realtek HD codec driver v 1.52 by black clouds
Driver Package R1.52 for Vista is available, for High definition Realtek audio chips is available for download from their website. Note: Vista logo Codec Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268
December 1st 06 01:36 AM
by black clouds Go to last post
0 175
cd/dvd rom by BlackHawk
In the last few days my disc drive only recognizes DVD discs. It will not play or do anything with CD discs. I have un-istalled and re-installed. Restarted the PC at a restore point. Still the same. I am running Vista Home premium with a NEC CD/DVD+-RW ND-3350A ATA Device.
June 5th 08 06:49 AM
by BlackHawk Go to last post

From The