TV Tuner Cards by [email protected]
Are TV Tuner Cards of any value (yet) in a PC? I've read that the signal is analog and, therefore, HD signals suffer. Also, I've read that cards that have a didtal tuner on them (?) also have an analog tuner so you can watch an analog program while recording a digital program. It sounds to me like TV cards have not yet matured. Is that correct? Am I missing something? Thank you...........
August 19th 10 04:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 448
where is the offical site for PowerData external 56K V.92/v.09 USB fax modem? by GG[_4_]
the box did not specify mark chip set: Conneant, smartlink, or Agere Vista so far display in devmgmt as unknown and the isntall disc misplaced by the type I got hold of it. model MOGE56002. both the USB cable and the single cables (rj something) are detachable form the modem. otherwise look more liek the one depicted in the middle of the box tioo any harm to try nay one of the chip set in...
September 15th 10 05:07 PM
by GG[_4_] Go to last post
0 436
hard drive enumeration tool? by james
I have a PC with 6 hard drives, used for video editing. Each time I buy a larger drive on sale, I want to take out a smaller drive from my PC. Is there a tool that can list all hard drives, and for each drive, indicate: IDE or SATA capacity partitions and drive letters assigned rotational speed (e.g. 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm)
September 15th 10 09:07 PM
by GG[_4_] Go to last post
1 847
vista sound driver problem by russ_will
every time i shut down vista the sound drivers are changed , i then reinstall the latest realtech drivers but when i shut down my system they revert to ones that do not work . any way to stop vista changing the drivers ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 10 05:56 AM
by GG[_5_] Go to last post
22 1,241
Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices? by Tim Sagstetter
My computer includes an HDMI output port on an ADD2 card. The card is internally connected to the High Definition Audio Device header on the main board to provide audio output via the HDMI jack. The computer also has typical 7.1 audio output via ST jacks and an SPDIF jack. The only way I've found to switch among the audio output devices is to use Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 10 06:25 PM
by Rhodri MM-D Go to last post
34 1,825
two displays with different optimum resolution by PK
I connected my laptop to my television set. The two displays should present the same picture and are therefore in the cloning (mirrored) mode. Indeed, they do display the same, but I can only define one resolution, and the optimum resolution given for the laptop monitor and for the TV screen are different. Any suggestion how to cope with that? Regards piko
October 30th 10 03:54 PM
by PK Go to last post
0 451
Graphic card install hangs Vista after crcdisk.sys by dain waris
I have: HP Pavilion m8013w Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.5Ghz ASUS M2N68-LA motherboard ONBOARD GeForce 6150se 4GB Ram Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 I have tried to install graphics cards in PCI-E: Radeon HD 2400
November 7th 10 02:00 PM
by John Brautigam Go to last post
4 536
Can Google's Chrome OS attack Windows domination of the desktop? by Ben[_12_]
The folks at Google seems to think that the desktop is ripe for the taking and plan to release Chrome OS. I wrote a piece on Chrome OS, with an accompanying video, at: http://windows7reports.com/2010/11/16/google-chrome-os-arises-to-challenge-windows-7/ Realistically, what do you think Chrome's chances are vs. MS Windows 7 or Vista? Is the idea of a browser-based OS appealing to you? Can all...
November 17th 10 03:39 PM
by Ben[_12_] Go to last post
0 502
Closing laptop lid during Shutdown sends it to Sleep by NickH
If I press the power button on my laptop to start shutdown, and then close the lid, Vista will ignore the fact that it's shutting down and go to Sleep. Then when I open the lid later, it wakes up and finishes shutting down! Has anybody else noticed this? It would be much better if it just carried on shutting down. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...
November 19th 10 05:15 AM
by Richard Berman Go to last post
5 725
Better eSATA Chipset Than Silicon Image 3124? by W[_2_]
Does anyone know of an eSATA PCI-X and PCIe adapter that has an improved chipset over Silicon Image 3124? This chipset has desirable features, like the ability to create soft RAID sets, or alternately act with individual drives as hotswap non-RAID drives. It also has the ability to work with port multipliers on multi-drive enclosures. The bad thing is I have read reports that the 3124...
December 6th 10 06:45 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
0 575
MBT fitness shoes can pamper your feet by jasmine
As it is suggested that barefoot walking is beneficial to our body, there are many people and companies focus on barefoot shoes. Pamper your feet with brand of walking shoes called MBT shoes are the hot slogan. It is believed that all walking we do is good for us, but the fact is we also bear a lot of wear and tear through it. In addition, when our feet are squeezed into tight room, with barely...
December 21st 10 02:38 AM
by jasmine Go to last post
0 1,133
Zx86 NT, the new hyperaccelerated alternative to unix & windows. http://magizian.hopto.org by /\\/\\agizian
Zx86 NT, the new hyperaccelerated alternative to unix & windows. http://magizian.hopto.org
January 1st 11 01:37 PM
by /\\/\\agizian Go to last post
0 1,047
VG2230wm not displaying after windows start by Square
Hi, this has been an ongoing problem since I got the monitor and I have had no luck at my graphics card website and monitor website. My system specs: Vista Home Basic 64x (Version: 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001) AM2 Fatal1ty moherboard Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00...
January 7th 11 04:08 PM
by mary farley Go to last post
3 1,155
Repost: Chkdsk: Cannot open volume for direct access by Kevin Cochran
Greetings, On Vista Home Premium, when the trying to run chkdsk from boot, the following error comes up: Checking file system on C: Type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Any ideas?
January 25th 11 08:51 PM
by George Blake Go to last post
1 1,169
Computer won't sleep by Dave T.[_2_]
HP Pavilion A6009N desktop 3 gigs RAM AMD +64 dual core processor Nvidia 9800GT Graphics Microsoft 1000 wireless keyboard & optical mouse Problem - Computer refuses to go into sleep mode. When I force sleep by clicking the power button on the task bar the computer goes to sleep for about 5 - 20 seconds and then wakes up and stays awake.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 11 01:48 AM
by Albert Cardenas Go to last post
10 2,241
Vista loses drivers by harmonp
Why is it that Vista can't hang on to drivers that have been successfully installed. I have an HP laser printer and an HP All-in-One. Both have Vista drivers which have been installed and both work correctly...for a while. Periodically, Vista says it needs to look for new drivers, then it can't find the drivers, and I'm tied up for hours trying to get Vista to recognize one printer or the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 11 12:38 AM
by Alyce Barry Go to last post
16 2,235
Changing Boot Devices Without Reinstalling Windows 7 by Larry[_16_]
All, I was given an image of a Windows 7 machine on an IDE drive to build into a VM (VMware Workstation 7) for evidence collection. I use BESR to generate a sv2i file, then imported the sv2i into a VM using VMware Workstation's import utility. However, the VM crashes on boot with a Stop: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFFA60005AF9C0,0xFFFFFFFFC0000034,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000). I believe that the...
February 26th 11 04:31 AM
by Larry[_16_] Go to last post
0 1,022
CD Bootable Diagnosis Software by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
Anybody know of a good diagnosis software that is bootable from the CD drive. I've got Ultra Bootable CD but doesn't do a thorough diagnosis of motherboard and CD drive. Walt
March 15th 11 11:42 PM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
0 1,130
A failing laptop/notebook HDD or just a corrupted Vista/data? by Ant[_3_]
Hello. I am trying to figure out and fix a client's old Sony Vaio laptop/notebook with 1 GB of RAM and 32-bit Vista Business. Basically, it doesn't load up its desktop fully. I do see a graphical splash screen loader and then a black desktop with a movable white mouse cursor, but that's it. This happen in both safe mode and normal boot up. I was able to use the laptop/notebook and access...
April 8th 11 10:59 PM
by HumBug! Go to last post
1 1,137
Mouse pointer jumps by [email protected]
I have a Microsof Wireless Opitcal mouse and without moving it, it jumps all over the screen. Have tried it with and without a pad and it still happens. Any ideas? TIA Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 11 06:51 PM
by Catherine Gallagher Go to last post
12 2,224