  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Sharing dial-up via Wi Fi by Igor[_3_]
Please help me to share dial-up connection between 2 laptops, laptops are connected via Wi Fi using ad-hoc connection. I can see public folders on both laptops via Wi Fi wthout any problems, but if I try to surf the internet via shared dial-up connection of one of the laptopth the Internet explorer could not open any sites. If I go to "Network and Sharing Center" in the description field of...
February 7th 08 05:01 PM
by Igor[_3_] Go to last post
0 85
How do I use the web cam? by web cam trouble how to start it
I don't know how to start the web cam on my laptop. It is built in, but I don't know how to turn it on. Can someone please help?
December 27th 07 01:00 AM
by web cam trouble how to start it[_2_] Go to last post
2 85
Keyboard Properties icon by JacksoninMV
My keyboard key strokes are slow so I want to change the settings. When I go to control panel, classic view no keyboard icon exists. When I to the standard Vista view and click on the hardware and sound icon there is still no keyboard icon. How do I change my keyboard character repeat speed? -- Jackson in MV
December 11th 07 01:57 AM
by JacksoninMV Go to last post
0 85
USR805417a Wireless PCI Adapter Issue by mxwalker
I currently use Vista Ultimate and have recently purchased a USR805417a Wireless PCI Adapter. All the documentation plus the USR website states that the drivers will load automatically under Vista. However, although Vista does indeed find the drivers, it always fails with the error 'File Not Found'. If I use the Windows Update website, it also fails with 'File Not Found' but this time I can...
October 30th 07 07:20 PM
by mxwalker Go to last post
0 85
monitor goes blank by sharon leigh
i noticed that every 30 minutes or so when i am playing media player radio stations and solitaire that my screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on. what could this mean? any help would be appreciated.
October 23rd 07 08:01 PM
by sharon leigh Go to last post
0 85
Windows Vista and Hardware by HalPick56
I bought my mother a new computer and it came loaded with Windows Vista. She is experiencing a problem with the monitor periodically going black and then coming back on. After a few times of doing this.....a message pops up and says that the display driver has experienced a problem and recovered. Is this a problem with the Windows Vista drivers? Do I need to try to download a new driver...
October 22nd 07 04:52 PM
by Charlie Go to last post
2 85
HP Scanjet 3300 by Sam[_4_]
HP Scanjet 3300 HP is no longer supporting HP Scanjet 3300 for Vista. Anyone know any work arounds for someone who's not super technical (I can follow directions, but don't know all the specific terms). Is there any hopes of Microsoft offering drivers for these type of hardware.
September 20th 07 11:36 PM
by John Go to last post
2 85
Linksys adaptor not being recognized by Randy P
Running a linksys wmp54GS wireless adaptor with Vista 32 bit PC. Dell XPS410 Intel Duo core 6400 2.13 2gb ram nvidia 7900GS card Reason for trying to get correct card IDed: Having blue screen crashes and reboot randomly daily and Dell tech wants me to eleminate all hardware 1st. Did Chkdsk routine and set up to stop auto restart to catch the code, am
March 19th 07 05:12 PM
by jerryw4386 Go to last post
1 84
Turning of auto dectection of displays by Mike
How do you turn off the auto dectetion of displays on Vista. I have a laptop that has a resolultion of 1920 x1200 and the display I am plugging in only has 1280 x1024. So it tries to make the external display as primary but I dont want that.
August 7th 07 04:32 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 84
can i stop my computer searching windows update for drivers? by majestic_12
whenever i install a new device, my computer insists on searching windows update for the driver. inevitably it fails and i ask it to search the hard drive and of course it finds the necessary drivers. my question is, how can i set vista to search my hard drive first and then if all else fails, try windows update
October 23rd 07 10:20 PM
by majestic_12 Go to last post
0 84
Hardware Upgrade and OEM Vista Home Premium by Kaz
Hi I recently purchased a low end base PC - AcerT180, AMD 64x2 3800+, 1Gb PC2-5300 633Mhz RAM, GeForceGo6100 256mb shared, 160Gb HDD, DVD-RW DL., currently using an old Packard Bell 19"CRT monitor, and bought a new Logitech media keybaord elite. Vista Home Premium 32bit OEM came pre-installed, I have made DVD backups immediately upon 1st logon. I have ordered and waiting to install the...
May 29th 07 09:32 PM
by Kaz Go to last post
0 83
Touch pad device changed after update by dsmith
I installed the update Synaptics-Hardware- PS/2 Port Touch Pad. After installation my touch pad does not work the same and the device settings for it have changed drastically. I can not use my pad to scroll up and down the page. I have to use the side bar. I went to installed updates to uninstall but it is not specifically listed. I can uninstall Synaptics Touch Pad Driver from my...
December 12th 07 02:49 PM
by dsmith Go to last post
0 83
HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies by service
First, I had trouble posting to this site. I had to try four times. Second, I have an HP 1320 printer which is about one year old. I had to buy a new computer recently which came with Vista. I am having trouble getting the number of copies I've clicked on. Even under ME or XP if I clicked two copies, I only had to click on print. I never had to click on Apply. It would just go back...
August 10th 07 12:49 PM
by Anil Ghatikar Go to last post
2 83
sonyvaio, buttons by Luis GUSTAVO
helloooooooo people, i have sony vaio vgn-tx670p and have installed windows vista business, please my av mode button, and eject cd/dvd not working. somebody can help me ? -- Luís GUSTAVO (21) 9891-3560
October 23rd 07 09:36 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 83
TV Tuner no longer works after update by Tommy
I have a sager NP9880 that came with the MPC622 tv tuner card, shows up as Conexant Falcon II card. I have upgraded it to vista ultimate and loved it at first, everything worked great minus a fix I had to do for the sound, no biggy. So the problem I am having now is this. I finally got moved and new internet up and running again, downloaded all the updates and the tuner card is no longer...
October 24th 07 02:44 AM
by JW Go to last post
3 83
getting memory card drives to work again on vista by islandlvng
in toolbar, there was an option to remove drives? anyway accidentally hit wrong button now i cant use my memory cards. I go to computer to look at drives and only 3 of the previous 6 are showing? How do I get them back. I new to this stuff. Thanx
October 17th 07 12:44 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 83
Conflicting size info Disk management and Shrink fonction by Alain Caillet
On this laptop with 2 HD in RAID 0 configuration, Vista Disk Management reports: 1)a 10 GB recovery hidden primary parition and 2)a 288 GB C: primary NTFS partition with 265 GB free space. Yet, if I right click C: to add an other partition using Shrink, the popup windows lists (in rounded value) for C: size befoe: 295 GB size available to shrink: 92 GB Amount of space to shrink: 92 GB
August 10th 07 11:57 AM
by Alain Caillet Go to last post
0 83
USB 2.0/1.1 - slow by [JULO]
Hi, I'm running Windows Vista 64bit. I have digital camera with USB1.1 support and ipod with USB2.0 support. My problem is, that transfer speed is very slow ... 400kb/s(ipod), 60kb/s(camera). I tried to change settings in computer management, but without any success. Do you have the same problem? Can someone help ? Thanks
August 31st 07 08:22 AM
by [JULO] Go to last post
0 83
DVD Drive never spins down by J.Marsch
Hello all: I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit. Just recently, I started getting this problem where my DVD drive never spins down. If there is a disc in there, is spins at full-speed. This problem seems to have roughly coincided with me installing Napster on the machine. I'm not sure what to eve look for to fix this, can anyone give me a hand?
August 10th 07 11:12 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 82
Humaneyes sucks! by Humanass
We are a company in Turkey and we purchased the package from them. Humaneyes software, services are sucks and totally rubbish. Don't be fooled by Humaneyes anymore!
August 4th 07 09:16 PM
by Humanass Go to last post

From The