Question on USB Hubs and Controllers in Device manager? & abit mor by lee
*Not sure if this is the appropriate forum if not could i be directed to the right one although i feel this is pretty close if not the right one* Problem: I have noticed before and was curious and & thought this would be the happy place to find the answer and is related to microsft windows Vista. Im having a few troubles with my PC, sometimes won't go out of sleep mode and dissconnecting...
April 15th 09 01:50 AM
by lee Go to last post
0 221
Intermittent SOUND problems by Rod[_2_]
Hi Intermittently my sound drops out. I play CD on my PCs DVD or CD drive and sometimes I get the sound, sometimes not. I noticed that Vista had, as part of an Update, in fact updated my SoundMax Integrated Sound Driver. But that was on day one of my PCs usage. The dropping out has only happened in past 2 days. Would a newly installed Wacom Bamboo Tablet (and driver) possibly be a cause???
April 14th 09 04:05 PM
by gbarber2 Go to last post
2 222
Vista-64-ultimate by Frank-FL
DX58SO, I7, Vista-64-ultimate. I am using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216D SATA. The HDD LED is blinking at around one second intervals at a steady pace. The blinking will stop if I disable it in device manager, (then I cannot use it) or put a cd/dvd disk in and after the device does its thing take it out and it will not blink until the next boot up. I used gpedit and disabled autorun both in...
April 14th 09 01:10 AM
by pupick Go to last post
1 236
disk failure during system restore by ratdog7
my computer has gone crazy half my stuff don't work and when i try a system restore it runs far a while then i get a message that says (( there was a disk failur during the system restore, what do i do -- ratdog7
April 14th 09 12:45 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
3 221
CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios by GT
The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What do all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should the setting be change? CPU temperature 36c/96.5f CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM system fan speed 1170 RPM CPU/system fan control: enabled Fan high temp: 65C
April 13th 09 09:21 PM
by firemusic Go to last post
6 210
CHKDSK aborted by joonkas
I purchased a Dell XPS M1330 with window vista 64 bit around Nov' 2008. I was so happy with my computer and was using it until it crashed on me last month = thank you so much for reading this post =] -- joonkas
April 13th 09 09:00 PM
by Vanshaj Daga Go to last post
5 389
Does Vista support IEEE1394 cable link two notebooks? by Jerry
I have two notebooks which have a IEEE1394 4-pin port and are both installed Windows Vista Ulitmate.Can I use a IEEE1394 cable(4-pin either end) link them? I have tried several times and havn't got success.I can link my notebook with 1394 digital camera use IEEE1394 4-pin cable(either end).I can find 1394 host controller in device manager but I can't find 1394 network adapter in device...
April 13th 09 08:17 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 187
Mic boost by operaflute
Where oh where is "mic boost?" I've read you should be able to find it by right clicking the sound icon, selecting recording devices, then selecting the "custom" tab, but I've got no "custom tab."
April 13th 09 07:47 PM
by operaflute Go to last post
2 169
Sudden Bluescreen because of Wireless Network Adapter by jorge_chamu
I got a bluescreen a while ago, I troubleshoot according to Wireless networking problem section on Problems Report and Solutions, but I'm not sure if the problem will be fixed. 1. I already checked for drivers updates... there are none that I dont have already. 2. The Diagnose and Repair tool from Network and Sharing Center didnt find any problem. 3. I have the following parameters in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 09 05:53 PM
by jbm Go to last post
16 439
Wireless Mouse not functioning by Mike92
I had a wireless mouse that came with my PC and then suddenly after a while it just stopped working and all it does when I put batteries in it, is flash it's little red light. I press the 'connect' button on the bottom of it but to no avail. I don't even think it's installed correctly or something like that. It's been a while since it stopped working. I'm not sure if I have the hand manuels for...
April 13th 09 01:36 PM
by Bogey Man Go to last post
7 237
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller by geheimnisagent
Hiya, I have just bought a compaq Presario F504EU... and it seems to run fine with Vista (came pre-installed). The main problem I am having is with the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, in that it randomly stops working. Nvidia don't want to know, Compaq online realtime tech support didnt help (they gave me wireless info for XP!!) and im not paying £40 for microsoft help (apparently my...
April 13th 09 12:55 PM
by Azariah[_8_] Go to last post
3 165
driver software problem code 31 by THE C. [MS MVP]
Here is a link to Code 31 Errors and possible fixes, hope one will help your problem. http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&query=code+31+on+vista&mode=r -- Computer/Software Tech. Make it a great day! Charles Richmond
April 13th 09 09:19 AM
by Westperson Go to last post
2 208
Wireless Optical Mouse (MS Mod. 1023) Driver Incompatibility by John Huecksteadt
When I try to load the Intellipoint software that came with this wireless optical mouse Vista informs there is an incompatibility. Any solutions for getting this mouse to work with Vista? There are some nice features in the Intellipoint software that help overcome some of the nag prompts (delete confirmations) you can't get rid of in Vista. Thanks in advance for any help. -John
April 12th 09 11:15 PM
by Woody Go to last post
1 206
that one little piece everyone thinks you know by merek
im trying to initialize a new extra interal hard drive so i can format it. but tells me to choose between MBR and GPT. which one do i choose for this new drive. im not using it as my primary drive, just extra storage space -- merek
April 12th 09 07:26 AM
by merek Go to last post
1 223
Gyration Air Mouse by Mark K
I would like to use my air mouse with Vista. I can't find any info about driver availability for this device. Anyone using this successfully with Vista? Thanks
April 12th 09 01:12 AM
by AbeFM Go to last post
4 237
Vista Hardware Incompatibility - D-Link DCS-5300 Internet Camera by Randy
How do you report a manufacturer that claims that its hardware is compatible with Vista, but in fact is not?
April 12th 09 12:36 AM
by autostick Go to last post
8 263
27 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 02321 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 217
22 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 07330 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos Uix^sgFG(*mXJN*+Z?NvzD#C
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 207
Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 by aleito
Hi: I just recently bought a laptop (HP Pavilion dv7-1267cl), a bluetooth usb dongle and a microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000. I connected the usb dongle and the computer recognize it without any problem. What I need to do to pair the mouse with my computer? I turned on the bluetooth on my cell phone an it found the mouse. So it means that the mouse is working properly. Please help me out. ...
April 11th 09 01:55 PM
by Bogey Man Go to last post
4 262
Partition Problems - I think my Vista Partition is hosed by Captainkwe
Environment AMD 64 2.8g FX Dual ASUS M2N-E- SLI 4 GIG RAM HD1 (SATA) Western Dig. Raptor - 140 gig. 2 other HDs on pATA Dual Boot on the same HD1: Vista SP1 - HD1 (rougly 95 gig)
April 11th 09 06:39 AM
by IT Solutions Inc - itsolco.com Go to last post

From The