Hard drive accessing constantly while in screen saver by Boardjunkie
Good Morning, I recently installed Vista Home Premium X64 on my machine, and this started happening. When I awaken the PC it stops accessing almost instantly. I'm not sure if this is even the right place to ask, but I'd really appreciate if anyone had a little insight to share. Thanks in advance, Troy
August 27th 08 03:12 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 252
Network Card that works with Windows Vistra 64-bit??? by bob
Does anyone know of a networking card that definitely works with Windows Vista 64 bit? It will not work properly with the Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller that is built into my motherboard even though it installs a driver for it from the dvd (it says the network cable is not connected when it is). There is no driver for the wireless or wired nic cards I also have. Help please – I...
October 15th 06 09:20 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
2 181
Update for NForce network controller-anyone know what it does? by Bob
Just saw an update for Nforce network controller on Vista update site. I'm hesitant in updating mine as it seems to work fine and was wondering if anyone has updated and has any feedback? Thanks, Bob
May 23rd 07 08:34 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
6 177
USB now does recognise new devices by bob
I have a new OQO Model 02 1.5GHz VIA CPU, 1 GB RAM, 60Gb HD running windows Vista Ultimate (with all the necessary updates). I have a problem with it. I plugged in a Freecom external USB HD which the OQO recognised and installed. I managed to install some applications and transfer some files. However the power supply to the HD was loose so the drive disconnected/reconnected several times in...
July 10th 07 11:38 AM
by bob Go to last post
7 130
Device doesn't reconnect to WMDC after soft reset. by Bob
When the device (ATT/Cingular 8525) is connected (and synced) if the device is soft reset, the device will not reconnected to WMDC. Is there something that can be done to correct this?
October 29th 07 06:32 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 114
Using WMDC with a Storage Card by Bob
Devices have been using Storage Cards for awhile. Why can't Micosoft realize that and allow WMDC to sync My Documents on a Storage Card instead of only the My Documents in Main Memory?
November 8th 07 04:06 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 99
Laptop CD Rom Issues by Bob
Hello, I have a compaq presario V2000 model laptop. It has an AMD Sempron 3300+, it has 1 GB RAM and 80GB HD. It came installed with XP and was marked Vista Capable. I did upgrade to Vista and it has been working very well with one exception, the CD Rom drive has issues. The DC rom shows as HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4244N ATA Device. Here is the problem, The computer does not "see" the CDRom...
December 26th 07 12:17 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 179
Unable to install Belkin High Speed Docking Station on Toshiba A21 by Bob
I am trying to install a Belkin High Speed Docking Station (F5U273) on my Toshiba A215-S4747 and the drivers provided by Belkin do not install, rather the install wizard reports that there is a system conflict and to to try again. I am using the latest drivers from Belkin (2.03.070712) and have fully updated Vista Home Premium with all its latest updates and driver update. Can anyone offer...
January 23rd 08 08:38 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 144
IPAQ HX4700, Vista & Win Mobile Device Center by Bob
Hi I have :- Windows Vista Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Outlook 2003 HP iPAQ 4700
February 26th 09 10:11 AM
by Grandpa[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
Linksys Routers and Vista Problems by Bob
I got a new Toshiba laptop with Vista installed. Trying to set up the security WEP with Linksys WRT54G wireless router all is well without security. I can access the internet with no problems. But when trying to change the settings to WEP the area needed is grayed out so no changes can be made. Linksys said it is the Toshiba laptop problem. Toshiba says its Microsoft. MS wants money fee to...
April 19th 07 09:36 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
2 151
Vista vs. XP- Nvidia vs. ATI by Bob
Just read a good article and performance tests using XP, Vista, ATI and Nvidia he http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2096940,00.asp Bob
February 23rd 07 10:45 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 215
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Not Recognized by bob
I spoke with ASUS support. They told me they would not be supporting Vista on this board. I've complained so loudly to Fry's, that they've agreed to take mine back and allow me to apply the refund to another mb that ASUS will support. "ave" wrote: Vista: x64 Ultimate build 5384 Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
January 15th 07 10:58 PM
by DCELL Go to last post
4 211
New MB for Vista by bob
Okay, I'm buying a new mb for use with Windows Vista. Here are the knowns: I must use an Athlon 64 dual core 4200+ CPU. Memory is less an issue as I'll probably have to buy new memory, but it would be cool if I could use the memory from the A8N32 SLI I'm returning. I have/use two graphics cards so I do want sli capability I plan to dual boot xp and vista (probably 32-bit versions if only...
January 17th 07 10:09 AM
by Man-wai Chang Go to last post
5 179
Tripplite Power Alert and Vista by Bob
I'm using the Tripplite Power Alert software with my UPS and was wondering if anyone has tried to use it with Vista. There's nothing on their site about it and I've emailed them also. Thanks, Bob
April 26th 08 06:06 PM
by lippeonix Go to last post
2 195
Unknown device listed by Bob
Just upgraded to Ultimate and I have a listing in device manager manager that says: other devices/unknown device PCI Bus 1, Device 7 function 1 Under details: pci\ven_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00401102&REV_04 pci\ven_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00401102 pci\ven_1102&DEV_7003&CC_098000 pci\ven_1102&DEV_7003&CC_0980
October 27th 07 06:59 AM
by jonoarm Go to last post
6 164
Samsung ML-1610 printer driver by bob
Hello can anyone tell me what driver to use for the Samsung ML-1610 printer for Vista. The one on Samsungs website does not work :-) Many thanks,
May 9th 09 05:41 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
6 400
This fixed it for me by bob
Had same problem this fixed it for me: http://trevinchow.com/blog/2007/01/27/vista-error-the-specified-print-monitor-is-unknown/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
February 9th 07 12:39 AM
by bob Go to last post
0 173
Windows Mobile Device Center by bob
6I just removed the BETA and installed the release version 6 for Vista. It wants to set up a new partnership and I want to use the same name as my partnership while I was using the BETA, but it tells mw that name is already being used. I see no place to delete a partnership. When I disconnect my device their not partnership link in WMDC6.
February 10th 07 07:34 AM
by bob Go to last post
2 159
SATA drives are Offline by bob
Before installing Vista, I backed up all my necessary files onto 2 SATA drives. installed Vista on my old IDE hard drive, and now I can't access the SATA drives. They appear in my BIOS, and in the Disk Manager, but they show up as Offline in the Disk Manager. When I right click on them, my only options are to Convert to Basic Disk. But this will format the drives. How can I read these...
February 10th 07 11:24 PM
by bob Go to last post
0 171
from 2 to 4 gigs ram, vista doesn't boot by Bob
Added 2 gigs of new ram from crucial, linux runs fine, been dual booting since Vista was invented .. ;o) Vista won't boot now all the way. In normal mode it stops after the little bar near the bottom of the screen moves from left to right. never stops though. I waited 15 minutes and it keeps on going, no hdd activity any more. Did a 2 stage vista mem test, all normal. Safe mode stops at...
December 12th 08 07:35 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post

From The