"Parameter is incorrect" installing driver for any USB storage dev by Paul B
Hi, I'm getting a "parameter is incorrect" error when Vista Business RTM is installing ANY USB storage device, whether flash or HDD based. I've tried several of each and none work. It appears to find the device driver software and goes to install it and that's when the error occurs. Vista Business RTM was an upgrade to Windows XP Pro SP2, rather than a clean install.
November 23rd 06 06:19 PM
by Paul B Go to last post
0 160
Creative Soundblaster Live!5.1 by Eduard Wustenveld
Hello, Does anyone know how to install the Creative Soundblaster live!5.1 on Vista? I'm running RC1 right now and it doesn't recognise my soundcard. I have searched the creative website and the microsoft website but haven't found a sollution yet. I hope someone knows how to do this, thanks for any information! Eduard
November 23rd 06 09:26 PM
by Eduard Wustenveld Go to last post
6 167
HP Laserjet 3380 by uanmi
I have a 3380 connected to an XP computer using the PCL6 driver. When I try to connect to it using Vista I get an error saying the monitor is not supported. I loaded the printer drivers in Vista using the lpt1: just to see what is available and I find that only the PCL5 driver is available with Vista. Does anyone have any ideas about what to do to get my printer connected? -- regards, Mark
November 23rd 06 10:01 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 145
Audio stops working eventually until restart by Hamam
I'm still having the same problem the only solution is to restart..I've tried sleep mode and to disable and enable the sound driver but nothing works.... ANY SOLUTION GUYS ? "NightOwl" wrote: i had the same problem, so i finally gave up on the old sound max chip and bought a cheapish audigy sound card. havent had any problems since.
November 23rd 06 10:07 PM
by Hamam Go to last post
0 121
Look AC'97 drivers by Bosco - Forum-PC.net
Hi, i've installed Vista on a test machine, and ther's a problem with the sound drivers. When i'm trying to listen a music or to have the windows sounds, i must connect my speakers to the microhpone connector. My motherboard is an Asus but the model y don't know because it's where i work. I'll tell tou that later. PS : excuse me for my bad english, i'm french =)
November 23rd 06 11:54 PM
by DCR Go to last post
5 127
Problems on DVD and cache by Chris
I got Vista RC1 on Centrino2130, Samsung X50, 1,5GB ram If I start a DVD and choose the Media Center I got an decoder failure, on Mediaplayer it says that there isn't enough ram to play a DVD The Taskmanager is telling me that there are at all 1533MB physical ram, about 1000 all the time are in cache and ~40 free...why there is so much in the cache, how i can change this? The other~500mb are...
November 24th 06 01:34 AM
by Chris Go to last post
0 128
Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX by WEDJR
After many ill fated attempts to get this camera to work, I read here about new software from Logitech. I am running RC2 5744 and although a slightly quirky install, the camera now functions properly and big surprise, the mic is listed and functions great. The new driver is version10.0.4 released 11/21/06 with a driver date of 11/10/06.
November 24th 06 02:34 AM
by WEDJR Go to last post
0 136
DirectX by Doug
Good Evening all. I just clicked on Start, All programs, Windows DVD Maker for Vista. It errors out saying that my Video dows not meet minimum requirements. I clicked on learn more and it tells me thaI need DirectX 9. When I checked my system, it tells me that I have DirectX 10. So what is the problem? What can I do to fix this problem other than buying a new video card? Thanks -- Doug
November 24th 06 08:17 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
1 182
WMDC & Cingular 2125 by Matthew McDermott
All, I got it working. After trying every other suggestion this is the combination that worked for me. I discovered that Windows Live One Care was shutting down the connection by setting my firewall to "restricted". I turned off my wireless, changed my firewall settings to NOT "Automatically change my firewall protection..." and everything started working.
November 24th 06 01:36 PM
by Matthew McDermott Go to last post
3 185
Vista Retail to ship with 19,500 drivers by Synapse Syndrome
http://www.redmondmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7989 ss.
November 24th 06 05:53 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
2 155
Windows Vista problems for BisonCam, NB Pro on ASUS A6JC by Kron
Dear Sirs, I installed the proposed driver for Windows Vista for my BisonCam, NB Pro built-in webcam, in my ASUS A6JC, ASUS Z92J laptop. Even when everything seems ok, when I try o configure it to work with Messenger Live, Yahoo Messenger the program blocks and the only way to close it is stopping my computer. Any help? Thanks in advance.
November 24th 06 06:53 PM
by Kron Go to last post
0 119
Hyundai Imagequest L72S monitor driver by _Mark
I am using build 5744 but cannot find a driver for the Hyundai Imagequest L72S Monitor. It only allows a generic driver. I have searched everywhere and even tried the XP version but it will not work .. Appreciate any help in finding one..
November 24th 06 07:47 PM
by DCR Go to last post
3 123
ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 by John
Has anyone gotten an ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 to work with Vista? There are apparently no Vista drivers from ATI for this, but I was able to install the XP drivers. Everything looks okay in Device Manager, but when I launch Media Center and try to configure the TV settings Vista crashes and reboots.
November 24th 06 08:25 PM
by John Go to last post
2 113
USB 2.0 by John
I've got a clean install of Windows Vista RTM. When I plug in a USB 2.0 device, I get a message saying that the device isn't running at full speed. Something along the lines of the device supporting a higher speed than the port it's plugged into. Which makes me think that my USB 2.0 ports might be running at 1.1. Everything looks okay in Device Manager, though. What else should I look...
November 24th 06 08:27 PM
by John Go to last post
1 108
ASUS X1600 Series / microsoft driver / aero by richskiddle
I have this graphics card working fine with the driver supplied on disk - however this doesnt allow aero to work. Updating the driver with windows finds the better driver that will allow aero, however just before the logon screen i lose video input to the monitor Any advice on where to start looking. I have installed and reinstalled the driver a couple of times
November 24th 06 08:33 PM
by richskiddle Go to last post
0 112
SamSung SE-S184M/AMBN by Todd Hudson
I just bought an external dual layer DVD burner and it shows up in Device Manager and in Windows as a drive letter (F). My OS is the RTM of Windows Vista Ultimate. I am not able to use Windows to burn to this burner. Also, when I right click on the drive and select properties, I do not have a Recording tab.
November 24th 06 08:53 PM
by Todd Hudson Go to last post
0 126
Drivers for HP 7695 by stefano
Does anyone know if there are drivers available for such PC ?
November 24th 06 10:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 117
x1800xt drivers problem by TheMafioso
Hi, I have a big problem with the drivers for my x1800xt. I use the last drivers downloaded in ati webpage and when i try install it the program look for my display card and say me he do not find my video hardware... The install is aborted and i cannot install drivers... And i cannot install drivers manually because my display adapter is not
November 24th 06 10:51 PM
by TheMafioso Go to last post
0 107
type of dual layer external dvd burner by Todd Hudson
What are a few DVD DL External DVD burners that are supported under Vista? Thanks
November 24th 06 11:20 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 112
NAS Drive by Rob
I have an external nas drive and it seems that Vista will not see the contents on the drive all the time. One minute the stuff is there, then its gone. If I reboot can see it. I am running the RTM Vista and I am connected to my network with wireless.
November 25th 06 04:57 AM
by Rob Go to last post

From The