New Creative drivers by Bob
New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
March 12th 07 11:17 PM
by Richard XXII Go to last post
4 142
vista 64 bit blu-ray driver by bob alou[_2_]
I bought a sony blu-ray rom drive that did not come w/vista 64 bit drivers. The bundled software from cyberlink can be upgraded for $100 which is almost the cost of the drive. Are there any free drivers out there?
March 7th 09 10:01 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 156
Sleep mode by Bob B
WhenI put computer to sleep it stays asleep for 1 minute then turns back on without touching the mouse or keyboard
March 11th 08 12:45 AM
by Bare Foot Kid[_42_] Go to last post
1 181
Hardware by Bob B.
I am just getting started. I want to purchase a computer that will hook to a TV in our living room. I then plan to purchase some of the media extenders when they come out next month to be able to watch in other rooms of our house using the wireless N router that I currently have. My question is what do you recommend for my main computer - video card, cpu, tuner card, etc?
October 10th 07 06:59 PM
by Nancy S. Go to last post
1 196
Device Manager link stops working in Control Panel by Bob Barnhill
In the System subpanel of Control Panel there is a link for Device Manager under the heading "Tasks". I had used this several times before, but today it has stopped working. Clicking it has no result at all. I can still get to Device Manager by clicking Advanced system settings, and then selecting Device Manager, but the more direct link is dead. Restarting the system did not help. Does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 08 05:33 PM
by pladchad Go to last post
15 336
Multiple scanners by Bob Barnhill
I have both an Epson desktop scanner (Perfection 1640) and a Nikon film scanner (Coolscan IV). Both are connected via USB. Only one can be recognized (under Imaging Devices in Device Manager) at a time. I have to turn off one scanning device before the other can be recognized and used. This is a minor annoyance that was also encountered with Windows XP, but I had hoped that it would be...
February 14th 07 03:52 PM
by Bob Barnhill Go to last post
0 176
Logitech Quick Cam 5000 series by Bob Bleecker
Today 9/14/06 an update occured. Drivers for the Logitech were installed. After rebooting my webcam works perfectly. Running RC1 5600 -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:43 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 183
Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 by Bob Bleecker
By installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 it is able to work in Vista Bld 5600. goto Blackberry.net -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:49 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 149
Unwanted driver display by Bob Cowles
I have a Trust WB3240N HIRES webcam. This came with a driver on a DVD. Using this driver, there is no problem with the camera. Everytime Vista starts, it says that I have to download a driver to enable the webcam to work. If I use the windows driver, I can't get the webcam to work. Also, I cannot get the error message to stop returning.
March 7th 08 02:06 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 151
Can this hard drive be saved? by Bob Feduniak
My HD crashed (running Vista Ultimate). The screen tells me it has several bad sectors. It won't boot, and my other machine won't recognize it when I attach it via USB as an external HD. I'm quite sure the files are intact, but all the basic approaches ("last good configuration," "safe mode," etc. have failed). Could anyone suggest something worth trying before I send the drive out to a...
November 17th 07 11:58 PM
by Bob Feduniak Go to last post
5 145
Palm Desktop won't install by Bob H
I installed it by going to the correct folder on the CD, right-clicking on the program and selecting "Run As Adminstrator". It installed OK, and I was able to synchonise my Palm with the PC. Hovever, I can't open the desktop program - it puts the splash screen on my Vista desktop but won't proceed beyond that point. "marstinson" wrote: I was able to install the Palm desktop software...
October 15th 06 02:18 PM
by Bob H Go to last post
0 188
Sony Walkman - SonicStage Software Disabled My DVDR Drive by Bob H
I bought a Sony Walkman UWB MP3 player today. As a piece of hardware its good, but the supplied SonicStage Version 4.3 software completely killed my Pioneer DVDR drive - which disappeared from the Explorer window. It was still visible in Device Manager, but with a yellow exclamation mark and a "driver unable to start" error message. I wasn't able to recover by deleting the Sony software -...
August 8th 07 04:50 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
4 133
Canon N650U Scanner - Installed OK But Not Recognised By Programs by Bob H
Here's a wierd one - I got the XP drivers for my Canon N650U to install OK, and if you go to the Scanners & Cameras applet in the Control Panel and use the diagnose function it gets a clean bill of health and is reported as working correctly. However, both the Photogallery and Fax & Scan programmes tell me that no scanner is detected - so I can't actually use it. PS - Using 32 Vista RC1,...
October 16th 06 02:05 AM
by Brian Bradley Go to last post
2 135
microphone and vista ultimate by bob h
I have a realtek ac97 sound card (on board). my wife sings with internet karoke and we cant get the microphone to work at all. I bought a shure mic instead of the (cheapo) computer mic. all the music and lyrics come thrugh the speakers but when she goes to sing nothing comes out. we have tried to congif it with all resources possible to no avail. any help???? thanks bob
February 2nd 08 12:13 AM
by bob h Go to last post
0 139
Avery PLP 9100 - Discontinued - Warning by Bob Hallsworth
I am running Vista 64bit and have an Avery Personal Label Printer. It turns out that Avery have discontinued the printer and won't be producing a driver for Vista (32 or 64) Bob
March 22nd 08 08:54 PM
by SeeDeere Go to last post
1 194
Sound crackles, Ultimate by Bob H[_2_]
shows in Dev Mgr as 'realtek high def audio' doesn't matter which driver I use Anyone cured this? Does not crackle under Ubuntu running multiple tasks.
November 1st 07 01:18 PM
by Bob H[_2_] Go to last post
0 114
Reclaim Hard Drive by Bob J
OS: Vista Home Premiium Currently dual boot to Linux on an external HD, which is fully formatted in Linux, Windows does not recognize that the drive exist (understand) Everything is working just fine. If in the future I wish to reclaim the Ext. HD to windows format, how do I go about? Would a 3rd party partitioning program enable me to see the HD, and reformat to windows format?
July 27th 07 08:02 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
3 104
Nvidia nForce2 MCP and DRM Media by Bob Johnston
Asus A7N*X-E Motherboard Northbridge:NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce2 MCP-T Vista RTM All works OK but will not play DRM media, Media Player returns error code COOD11B1 stating audio driver needs updating although sound hardware is all OK
February 2nd 07 04:17 AM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
5 151
Odisk connected via USB by Bob Kulp
I have an older used disk, connected via USB, that I want to use for storage. It needs to be initialized but when I try, under Disk Management, D.M. indicates it is not ready. How do I make the drive ready? Thanks, Bob
December 10th 08 01:10 AM
by Bob Kulp Go to last post
0 226
Drivers by Bob McCann
So far...12 hours on Vista. I need Nero DVD-RW driver and Net Gear USB mini printserver PS121. The DVD drive and PowerDVD are working fine. but on this DG965ss motherboard, I had to go to Intel for most of the drivers for Vista. I see where Works 7.1 also had problems! Having been a Win95 Beta tester in the 90's, I am surprised by the many problems with Vista.
February 26th 07 12:36 AM
by Bob McCann Go to last post

From The