USB device appears on boot always? by uanmi
I put a memory stick in my computer and it worked. I did a safe remove on the memory stick, yet now everytime I reboot I get four drives appearing. I do a safe remove again and they go away. This happens everytime I restart and it is getting annoying. I would appreciate ideas. -- regards, Mark
November 25th 06 04:41 AM
by uanmi Go to last post
0 123
Intel Pro 1000 CT LAN Driver? by William \(Bill\) Vaughn
While Vista compatibility checker said that this motherboard-based LAN card was supported, it's not recognized by Setup. Thanks so much. Anyone have a clue as to where to get an updated driver. Intel is no help (so far). -- ____________________________________ William (Bill) Vaughn Author, Mentor, Consultant Microsoft MVP INETA Speaker
November 25th 06 05:29 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
2 147
Audio on FSC S2110 (STAC9753) by tommyl
Hi there! Any ideas how to get the STAC9753 audio driver to work under Vista64 Build 6000? I tried in Vista32, and it said that everything was fine, but no sound. In Vista64, well, no drivers available it seems.. Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Regards, Tommy
November 25th 06 11:58 AM
by tommyl Go to last post
0 161
Disable Singned Kernel Driver Constraint in Vista 64 final by Sebastian Dau
Hello I'm struggling with my WLAN USB dongle. The driver is unsigned but runs if signature check is disabled. However in Vista 64 final I coud not find a way to permanently disble this check. Right now I us F8 for each boot. Thanks for your help. Sebastian Dau
November 25th 06 12:02 PM
by Sebastian Dau Go to last post
0 134
IBM ThinkPad T43p - keyboard and mouse not working by ANIMALCHIN
Hi, I have a T43p and there are certain things I can not get working. Did you guys get the finger print device to work? Also, the middle button on the mouse? "Johnny" wrote: Hi Micah, thank you very much for your reply. What you mention is exactly what I also
November 25th 06 06:06 PM
by Kevin Young Go to last post
1 158
Vista Driver for HP DVD 840e by Andy
Does anyone know if there is a VISTA driver available for the HP DVD 840e burner yet? I have Vista RC1 installed on a machine and would like to get this working. Thanks
November 25th 06 07:17 PM
by Andy Go to last post
5 182
Driver Reinstall... by Fábio
Hello guys, i´m brazilian... Look, i have installed windows vista 32bit rtm... Everytime with i turn on or restart my computer, many drivers need reinstall automatically with system. i like so much resolved this... My computer is... Asus P5VDC-X Pentium D 3.4Ghz SATA 160GB SAMSUNG
November 25th 06 08:45 PM
by Fábio Go to last post
0 139
Visioneer by Fill
So Visioneer doesn't have one beta driver out for their scanners? Anyone have a nice working solution for a scanner? TIA
November 25th 06 09:03 PM
by Bell1 Go to last post
3 154
CD Burning Always Fails by pjohanse
I have two CD/DVD RW drives and no matter what I do I cannot get a burn to go through using the native Vista burning. Basically it says it is adding files to the image, then as soon as it prepares to burn it throws up an error message that says, "There was a problem burning this disc" "There was an error burning this disc. The disc might no longer be usable." I have the following...
November 25th 06 09:17 PM
by Bill Go to last post
1 168
Intel ICH7R SATA Drivers - when?? by mo
Totally fed up of trying to install VISTA now - its a common problem that people with a certain Intel SATA controller have had trouble installing Vista. According to my mobo manufacturer (Asrock) the Vista installer should recognise the SATA drivers automaticlaly but it doesnt. Intel do not have Vista compatible drivers (only an EXE - which doesn't work - even if U save the files to floppy...
November 25th 06 10:31 PM
by mo Go to last post
2 150
buy new scanner/printer by vista
i want to buy a new combo of printer/driver. is it better to choose based on if it has ready vista driver, or any machine can work well with xp driver - and xp compatibility mode installation? thanks
November 26th 06 01:13 AM
by dev Go to last post
5 155
Video Card requirements question by [email protected]
I have a 64 mb video card (shared), and the vista website, under te Vista Premium requirements, it says it needs 128mb, then there's a footnote: If the GPU uses shared memory, then no additional graphics memory is required beyond the 1 GB system memory requirement; If the GPU uses dedicated memory then 128MB is required.... does this mean that my video card is going to be FIne for aero? If...
November 26th 06 04:04 AM
by betanews.microsoft.com Go to last post
7 154
DVD/CD Burner Install by Dissident
My DVD/CD ROM died (or so I thought). I had a couple others in house and tried them but none of them worked. Then I realized that Vista just stopped recognizing the device. In My Computer, the drive does not even show up, no matter what device I tried. I played with all the jumper settings(switching from slave to master and back) and switched the ribbon cable out and Vista will try to...
November 26th 06 12:50 PM
by Theo Go to last post
5 108
Inspiron 510m Conexant modem in Vista by chanmm
Hello, I have a Dell 510m laptop with Conexant D 480 MDC V.92 modem driver install but the connection keep on disconnecting when I connect to Internet. Anyone know what is the reason? Regards, chanmm
November 26th 06 02:29 PM
by chanmm Go to last post
1 128
Dvd writers are missing by Bcs4
After installing Vista Ultimate and everything checked out okay about 2 days later both my dvdwriters turned up missing in my computer when i checked device manager they show but i am told when i click on them that windows couldn't load the device drivers and it says drivers might be missing or corrupted when I try to update drivers i am told the best driver software for your device is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 06 04:25 PM
by Bcs4 Go to last post
10 238
ATI All In Wonder 2006 - TV Tuner Not Working by Kevin Young
I've downloaded the latest ATI drivers which work fine in terms of the graphics abilities of my All In Wonder 2006 but Vista RC1 does not see the TV Tuner that is built in to the card. Has anyone else been able to get the TV Card features working under Vista and if so how?
November 26th 06 04:45 PM
by Poncio Pilatos Go to last post
4 99
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update R1.50 Released by dean-dean
Update Time: 11/14/2006 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
November 26th 06 07:36 PM
by Benjamin Finkel Go to last post
5 197
DirectX 10 question by [email protected]
I am looking into a new computer now, and I've found a monster over at futureshop and I'm loking at buying it, but I'm interested, first of all, in finding out if I should be waiting until vista comes out... One thing I have a question about is graphics cards. People are telling me that graphics cards will not be able to support directx 10 untl vista comes out, yet I see all these vista...
November 26th 06 08:47 PM
by Chris Holmes [Chris123NT] Go to last post
3 114
F.Y.I.-Those with modded xbox controllers by mittelk
Anyone that modified an Xbox controller to use on a pc can use the 1.07 version of the XBCD driver and setup utility on Windows Vista, it works great
November 26th 06 09:30 PM
by mittelk Go to last post
0 118
IntelliType / IntelliPoint beta drivers for Vista by MikioK
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/vista/vistasupport.mspx
November 27th 06 12:11 AM
by MikioK Go to last post

From The