How can I turn on my computer? by Bob Newman
I have my Vista laptop (HP) hooked up to an external monitor, I have been using the sleep mode at night. The laptop is closed and on a shelf that is very hard to get to. I would like to shut it off at night. I can shut it off with the keyboard. Is there any way possibly software controlled to turn it back on? To reach the power button on the laptop you must first raise the lid which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 09 04:23 PM
by Thomas Wendell[_2_] Go to last post
13 337
"Magnifier" Mouse & Vista? by Bob Newman
I own a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 with a "magnifier" button. When activating the magnifier feature the screen goes blank and it takes several seconds before it comes back up on the screen. This is similar (or the same) as the times Vista will ask you permission to run a program and then starts shortly thereafter. Microsoft says this procedure is "normal" when using Vista (it's...
January 6th 09 10:36 PM
by Bob Newman Go to last post
0 332
Can't print pix from burned DVD+RW by Bob S
I have a DVD+RW disc on which I burned camera pictures. When I open a picture from the disc, it opens in Windows Photo Gallery and has various choices across the top including Print. When I try to print the picture, I get a "Print Pictures Error" stating "Windows can't find this picture. You might have specified the wrong location, or you have lost access to a network connection, Check the...
May 29th 08 03:28 PM
by Bob S Go to last post
2 214
Vista Audio by Bob Scott
I'm tired of trying to get all the features to work in my Creative Labs SB X-FI. The only driver that works just allows the sound card to output audio all the other features are gone and from what I see and hear, Creatve could care less. Is there a full featured sound card (EQ, Line inputs, Etc.) that will work with Vista ultimate, either outboard or internal?
May 1st 07 03:36 AM
by dev Go to last post
3 115
Vista sleep problem by Bob22
when I try to put my computer into sleep mode, I get the following message "Device driver for "IDE" channel is preventing machine from entering hibernation. " Previously the machine did enter the hibernation. I had this happen earlier, and Dell sent me a new hard drive. It worked fine for the first three weeks, then suddenly this message started appearing again. Bob22
May 5th 08 04:04 PM
by Bob22 Go to last post
0 177
Nforce 430, onboard sound card and video card issues by Bob354
I think I have solved this. On my motherboard (Nforce 4 Ultra), in my BIOS, under the Power-ACPI settings, the APIC support setting was set to disabled. Upon setting it to enabled, and unfortunately doing a re-install (didn't work until I did that, but your mileage may vary) everything worked perfectly. Apparently Vista requires APIC to be enabled. Why it was set to disabled, is beyond...
September 8th 06 06:09 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
0 553
Display adapter - Not enough free resources Code 12 by Bob354
Look under the topic: "Nforce 430, onboard sound card and video card issues" I posted a possible answer to the problem (it may not work for you, but it can't hurt to try). "PTaylor" wrote: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
September 8th 06 06:13 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
0 609
Windows Vista and USB Mouse by BobandConnie
I have Windows Vista and a Microsoft USB mouse. The mouse works great, but if you leave the USB part plugged in and walk away from the computer, the screen saver will not come on and neither does the power settings. Any suggestions?
February 29th 08 03:37 PM
by Kathleen Go to last post
3 174
XP install has screwed up my vista partition by bobbymcsteels
Ok I asked posted this problem about a month ago in the XP forum but didn't get many answers and was told that It was in the wrong forum so here's the 'link ' (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=874511)to the page. Basically I had Vista installed on my Sata hdd(500gb), and decided to install XP on an Ide hdd (120gb). I had changed the priority of the hdd in the bios to the Ide and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 08 11:45 AM
by bobbymcsteels[_11_] Go to last post
14 235
Software for Hardware Not Ready by BobC
"Telesphore" wrote in message ... Just bought a new computer HP m7750n with Vista Home Premium. I am thinking to change Vista for XP. Two reasons: 1) The HP Printer doesn't print! 1) The HP scanner doesn't scan!
February 5th 07 11:44 AM
by Lisa Go to last post
5 189
Problem moving file from FAT32 to NTFS by Bobert Transplant
I recently installed a new hard drive on my computer and I created 2 partitions. The C partition is FAT32 and the F Partition is NTFS. I can move files from the C partition to the F but when I delete the file from the C partition it also gets erased on the F partition. Anyone has any input on why this is happening and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
June 28th 07 06:10 PM
by Bobert Transplant Go to last post
2 174
Printer Proble with HP Officejet 7310xi All-in-one by [email protected]
I started getting ink smears when printing. They are horizontal lines that vary in length. I've tried aligning, cleaning, and even changing cartridges but to no avail. I did notice a crumpled piece of foam under where the black cartridge parks and some ink under that. I removed the foam and it printed two pages perfectly then back to smearing.
July 7th 09 09:28 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 284
DVD Install Problems by BobL
I installed a second dvd burner but vista doesn't recognize it when I go to "My Computer". This occures with which ever burner is installed as the slave. Both burners show up in the BIOS but not in Vista. Any ideas. I'm not very computer smart but I'm not a dummy either. Please help.
January 31st 08 10:29 AM
by Dwarf Go to last post
3 143
ATI RTM drivers by bobm512z
ATI has posted RTM drivers for Vista I will be downloading them tonight. https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712 -Bob
November 3rd 06 02:26 AM
by JW Go to last post
2 148
Another Epson Product that works! Epson Perfection 1660 by Bobmitmen
All one needs to is make sure that you: 1. Use Twain 5.71A from the Epson Website 2. Download all the latest updates for Epson Smart Panel Everything works. Install as though you were using Windows XP. You might get a pop up asking if the software installed properly...check! It should work...I have been scanning for two days Bob
November 14th 07 05:12 PM
by xeel Go to last post
4 161
NVIDIA GeFource 6800 GS and ReadyBoost by bobneedshelp
I am using ForceWare version 96.85 and the NVIDIA control Panel version 1.3.9.1. I have dual monitors connected to an ASUS motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processsor 4400. I am using Vista x64. When I use ReadyBoost, I get a blue screen at startup. Vista tells me that this is a driver issue: http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=293078 Also, I have extremely high...
January 5th 07 11:39 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 228
Readyboost Crashes System at Reboot by bobneedshelp
I installed a PNY Attache 2GB device and configured it for Readyboost. When I restarted my system, it crashes my system at startup. I can't see the log for the issue. If I remove the memory stick and reboot, things look OK. Thoughts? -- Bob
January 2nd 07 11:42 PM
by bobneedshelp Go to last post
3 282
updating error 80070103 by bobnoj
I keep getting "Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Internet(R) 945 Express chipset family" in my windows update, and it keeps giving me error code 80070103, which states that I already have a better version of this driver... but I use Windows Vista Home Premium, which does NOT allow me to say "no, i do not want this update, dont show it again" how do I make this update go away?...
March 10th 08 05:42 PM
by XenPuOSN Go to last post
2 153
Vista and Mouse. by boborafter
I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to no avail. Can any of you help? Many thanks.
June 25th 07 06:32 PM
by boborafter Go to last post
9 141
Numeric Keypad by BobP
I have always used a separate numeric keypad on my notebook. I just bought a sony VGN-C240E and my old IBM keypad doesn't function properly. The NumLock key locks both keyboards, not just the USB attached one. Previously, NumLock only locked the separate keypad allowing normal use of the computer's main keyboard. SONY told me it was a Vista issue. Can anyone help? -- RFP
April 9th 07 01:40 PM
by BobP Go to last post

From The