syncing a mobile device by tazzytalia669
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have a computer running ms vista. I recently had to delete my axim(pda) partnership from the device center and re partner, however since my device was partnered before it keeps changing the device id and it enters a new name under device name. I sync with 2 computers, both work and home, so i need the device id name to stay the...
November 14th 07 12:44 AM
by tazzytalia669 Go to last post
0 108
Software RAID in Vista by Taym
Hello All, I'd like to know if Windows Vista, or any of its versions, supports software RAID 1 and 5. If not, is this changeable in the registry, somewhere, or is it hardcoded into Vista? Thank you all in advance for your help! -- Taym
May 31st 08 04:58 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
6 164
multiple hard drives problem by taylorstapleton
okay so i just built this new computer, and i installed two 250 gig hard drives. the bios recognize both drives just fine but windows is not. it only lists me as having one C: drive with 250 gig and the other one is not listed at all. is there some setting in windows that i need to enable? any help is greatly appreciated
June 30th 08 02:36 AM
by taylorstapleton Go to last post
7 145
dvd don't work! by tavo34_3
my dvd is in a code10 and I don't know how to fix it and I check for solutions but donsen't give nothing.
December 31st 07 06:29 PM
by rajinisback[_48_] Go to last post
1 118
USB-Massstorage Driver Problems by Tattva
Hi there my problem is that Windows Vista (Ultimate, 64Bit) can't find the standard USB-Massstorage driver ... When I connect a USB Stick or MP3 Player or my mobile phone to the USB port (any USB port) it says it needs a driver and when I say go and get it ... look for it ... it can't find any ... please help me! NO USB Storage device is working and I don't know what to do. This is so...
August 6th 07 05:24 PM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
2 100
Line of dead pixels appeared but only in Windows by Tatham Oddie
I have some more information now too: The line is visible on top of the overlay applied when a UAC prompt is displayed. This to me indicates something at the driver level rather than some random piece of software / virus. If it was just a piece of software / virus it would be under the overlay. I did not install or change any software over the period - I literally just left the machine...
March 27th 07 10:57 PM
by Tatham Oddie Go to last post
0 144
Line of dead pixels appeared but only in Windows by Tatham Oddie
I have a vertical column of dead pixels (locked yellow) that has suddenly appeared on my laptop LCD. It is not a problem with the LCD itself or the video card because they are not visible during the BIOS stage of the boot, or the Windows boot menu. I have checked the Windows Update history and there were no autmatic updates applied over the night that this occurred. I have uninstalled the...
March 28th 07 12:00 AM
by Tatham Oddie Go to last post
0 103
Problem with ATi Mobility Radeon X300 by tashi
after i install vista RC1 i start to get problems with drives and device. i dont know why and dont know how to fix it. first all my ATi Mobility Radeon X300is not working at all and i have try to intall new softare but never worked out. this is the messange i get Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this...
October 6th 06 03:08 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 165
LAPTOP TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALLING USB MOUSE??? by Tashab10
How can i get the touchpad on my Toshiba laptop to work when i unplug the usb mouse? I have installed usb mouse as daughter prefers external mouse, but when i unplug it to use the synaptics mousepad the mousepad doesn't work!!! Extremely frustrating! Can anyone please advise? (Don't want to uninstall usb mouse though)
May 27th 10 04:29 PM
by ComputerExpert Go to last post
3 492
IVT BlueSoleil Driver for Vista 64 by tasaholic
Been through hell trying to solve the issue of BlueSoleil and Vista 64 bit....finally found a solution by using the old v5.0.5 (64bit). Could not get much success with new drivers from Manufacturer. Works perfectly....just cannot get rid of the "bluetooth places "icon on the desktop.Still....it works!!!:shock: -- tasaholic
April 25th 09 08:47 AM
by tasaholic Go to last post
0 341
video error by tarhead mugwump
i bought a game that required vista. prior to realizing that i needed vista, i loaded the game. when i tried to play, although the game didn't want to function completely the video was working. i went out and bought the vista upgrade, installed it and the game. now i get an error that says "cannot initialize 3d engine" any help would be appreciated. i like vista (so far) but i only...
July 21st 07 01:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 118
External Hard Drive works with USB but not Firewire by TargetPractice31785
I have a BUSlink external hard drive which supports both USB 2.0 and Firewire. When I hook it up as USB it works perfectly fine. When I hook it up as firewire, the device manager sees it, I am even given the option to safely remove it. But it does not show up in my computer and when I go to disk management, it is not seen at all. That is the general problem, if you need any specifics...
October 15th 07 04:37 PM
by Rob[_2_] Go to last post
3 141
I cannot install anything from a CD on Vista by Tara P
I am not a new user, and do have administrator rights. The problem is that I cannot install or read a CD. Windows explorer immediately stops working. I can listen to audio CD's and watch DVD's in windows media however, so I know the problem is not with the DVD player itself. I have checked my device drivers, and the VOBID InstantDrive CD SCSI CD Rom Devise is not working. I have...
June 5th 07 01:34 AM
by freddy Go to last post
4 203
Vista and Nikon CoolScan V ED (LD-50) by tar5555
I was able to install Nikon Scan 4.0.3 to my Vista computer to allow me to scan slides with the Nikon CoolScan V, but could not install its drivers. It initially appeared that the problem was with the Nikon Scan installation program. However, I got message like "Windows could not load the installer for image" and "The classinstaller registry value is invalid". It turned out that to install a...
May 11th 09 04:58 PM
by tar5555 Go to last post
0 279
Why Cant Vista recognize my NTFS Storage Partition by Taps
Hello I have a new Dell Machine with Vista Business and had an old machine with a additional 300 Gig ST330063 SCSCI Drive. I was basically using the drive for storage of photos and some music. However, when i added it to my machine it recognizes it but i cannot access my files. Here are the list of problems that i am having. 1) Says i have to format it to access it 2)Only recognizing 150...
June 17th 07 02:41 PM
by jaems Go to last post
5 133
Monitor Message "No Signal Input" by Tanya Bellem[_2_]
I have a Laptop plugged into a monitor...monitor been working up until yesterday. Upon boot-up, the monitor kicks in and I can see it loading WIN XP. But as soon as the WIN chimes start, the monitor goes off line and then I get a message saying "No Signal Input". Once this mode of action occurs, the monitor switches to stand-by mode. Laptop screen shows the continued WIN XP load. I have...
January 23rd 08 12:10 AM
by Tanya Bellem[_2_] Go to last post
0 144
Can't access 2nd hard drive by Tanya
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and have been for months. I have 2 internal hard drives and was able to access both. Suddenly, yesterday, when I rebooted it won't access the 2nd hard drive. Of course this is where i have all my pictures and back up data that I need to get. It sees the drive is connected, but when I double click on it, it says that it cannot access the drive. PLEASE...
July 27th 07 03:34 PM
by freddy Go to last post
6 144
Pen drive issue by tanuj_chadha[_8_]
Hi, I just bought a Kingston 8gb pen drive FAT32 (formatted). But whenever I copy an .avi file to it. The file of the file approximately 800mb to 1.5gb. The file plays fine in my system. But when I try to copy it on the pen drive & play it on some other system. VLC player or windows media player or any player in that case would state as the file is broken. Is there any patch any fix for it. As...
August 25th 08 09:55 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
4 237
Autoplay not working by tanuj_chadha[_8_]
Hi All, I am using windows vista home premium SP1. And whenever i put in a CD or a DVD in the DVD +/- rw. The auto play window would not longer appear. And the issue started 5 days ago when I re-installed windows (again). I have not installed any anti-virus software or anti spyware. Or any burning software. Its frustrating to open the disc through computer. I have checked the registry entries,...
September 9th 08 04:00 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 229
Broadcom driver installation error by tantebootsy
Hi, I get the same error-message, though it's XP I try to install the driver on. I've got the problem, that I doesn't have a "c:\windows\inf\setupapi.app.log" or "setupapi.dev.log" on my system where I could look, if files are missing. Mark, maybe you could just say to me, which files were missing in your scenario, maybe I'm lucky and it's the same missing on my system ...
October 15th 06 06:24 AM
by tantebootsy Go to last post

From The