External USB HDD and Slow Boot by yEnEr
Hi there, Unlike XP, my external 250 gb WD HDD slows down vista boot process considerably. Any suggestions? I am really sick of plugging it off/on during boot.. Thanks..
April 21st 09 09:46 PM
by papa47 Go to last post
2 254
Start button not working properly by Yeli
My start button is not working when I click it, and only opens after I have repetedly pressed the start button on the keyboard. Help!! How to fix this?
March 20th 08 07:18 AM
by Yeli Go to last post
0 167
Corrupt device drivers by Yehudi
Vista Ultimate - DVDR/W are reported as having corrupt device drivers - they have been working. Any ideas?
March 16th 07 03:22 AM
by Marcus Go to last post
1 105
USB driver problem by YAZEED
Hi everyone, I use a dell Latitude110L but i installed Vista Ultimate. I have been using the USB ports(it has 3) without a problem but recently, i tried using an LG flash drive but the driver installation did not finish. I was told that 'driver installation is not successful' and since then, any new USB device will not work but all the devices that i have connected before the LG flash drive...
April 14th 08 03:21 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 177
why do some usb hdd enclosures only support up to 500gb? by yawnmoth
I was looking into buying a USB HDD enclosure and some of the ones that I was looking at only supported hard drives up to 500 GB. My question is... is that a real limitation or more of a contrived one? If you a sufficiently old game, it might, on the box, say that it only works on versions of Windows up to Windows 98, or something, but that might just mean that the game was only tested on...
September 10th 09 05:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 149
??vista belkin bluetooth & drivers?? by YASMOBILE
hi to you all my first ever post ,hope someone can help me.i have a problem ,i have a belkin bluetooth adaptor ,and am using vista now as i upgraded my pc.BUT.i have lost the cd that came with the adaptor, and one of my freinds said that the belkin adaptor ,would not work on vista??is this true, if not can someone please give me a link to the correct drivers and anything else i will need in...
April 20th 07 10:57 PM
by YASMOBILE Go to last post
5 167
TV tuner by yaro137
I've got a HP ec300 dvb-t tv tuner which I connected to my Acer laptop. I found the Vista driver on HP's website but I can't get it working. Is it possible that it will work only with HP laptops? yaro
May 1st 09 10:10 AM
by yaro137 Go to last post
0 235
Why can't I set the network(ipv4) correct? by yao
I have a network adapter in ULi1573 sorthbridge. Now, my Windows vista can drive my network adapter but there always a "!" in the front of the network connection icon. The time when I used windows xp, if I have set a fixed IP address ,the network connection will be all right. but in windows vista, whatever I set the address of IPv4, and disable the IPv6, the connection is always wrong. And...
November 4th 06 09:41 AM
by yao Go to last post
0 168
November 7th 06 03:12 AM
by Bill Frisbee Go to last post
11 227
Force Feedback and Game Controller Panel Extension - Problem on RC2 by Yann Hamiaux
Hello, Trying a game controller on RC2, there was no more force feedback nor the control panel didn't show up when going in game controller and click properties for our device, it's the default Microsoft pannel that show up. After some research, I found that the reason why the force feedback didn't work, was that under Vista RC2 (which was not the case for RC1) the information need to be...
November 6th 06 03:31 PM
by Yann Hamiaux Go to last post
0 102
Maxtor OneTouch II Problems by Yammii
Hi... I upgraded to Windows Vista last night... I've had all sorts of little problems but the one that concerns me the most is my external hard drive... I installed all the drivers and my computer is not recognizing the drive correctly. Only once did it recognize it - I was able to get some files I had backed up. But after a reboot, it stopped working again. I have not been able to get it to...
March 10th 07 01:33 PM
by PaulofBournemouth Go to last post
7 188
trouble with my mic by YAMANFAKHRY
My laptop does not respond with the mic and i cannot use it for the talk chatting
February 1st 08 02:11 AM
by YAMANFAKHRY Go to last post
0 126
microphone by YAMANFAKHRY
i cannot set up my microphone my computer receive the sound signal from line in not from microphone
January 10th 08 01:06 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 192
Hyundai L72S LCD monitor by YALIM
hi, vista home premium /32bit can't recognise my Hyundai L72S LCD monitor! Pls Help
April 3rd 07 12:14 AM
by pete Go to last post
1 131
Autoplay-Broken for My Camera by y0himba
Hi! I am very impressed with the forums here so I thought I would risk public ridicule by asking about a problem I can't seem to fix. I have a Kodak Easyshare C643 Camera. It shows up in Autoplay as "C643 Zoom Digital Camera" and I have it set to "Ask Every Time". I have tried setting it to others in the drop down list, but no matter what I do, it will not autoplay. If I remove the SD card...
August 15th 08 01:32 AM
by y0himba[_3_] Go to last post
4 218
Syncing Music on Windows Media Player to an iPod by x_ AB_ x
I would like to sync my music playists on Windows Media Player to my 30 GB iPOD, but for some reason even when my ipod is connected Windows Media Player says there is no device connected; therefore I can't sync my Windows Media music unto my ipod. It just says CONNECT A DEVICE even though it is connected. No first time device dialog box pops up either asking my preferences or anything.
April 30th 07 10:00 AM
by Mag69 Go to last post
1 114
Help connecting a new sata hard drive by xXwhygodwhyXx
Hi sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but I got this hitachi sata 320gb hard drive from newegg and didnt come with any cords or drivers, just the hard drive. Ive been having problems trying to get the pc to reconize the hard drive, here is what I have done that hasnt worked, ive tryed connecting the sata cords to different slots on the motherboard, I have enabled all my raid ports, Ive gone to...
August 15th 08 06:19 PM
by oldun Go to last post
5 202
*Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :( by xxsassxx31
Hi everyone, I will try to be as brief as possible with this but I want to make sure I explain all the details as I am stuck and not knowing what to do at about 8 PM when tomorrow is a workday :(. Anyways... Windows Platform: 32xVista, Comp: HP 6700 ; To start off, I was an idiot and was installing some program a friend had given to me and it required "New SID" from Microsoft and I did brief...
May 11th 09 09:00 AM
by Tom[_25_] Go to last post
2 297
Key board F1-F12 keys by xXELXx
When I press more then 3 F # keys it locks and does not press it. How do I Increase the limit on my F # keys?
May 11th 08 07:49 PM
by xXELXx Go to last post
0 158
XBox 360 HDD by XViiVX360
I would like to build a music library on my XBox 360 HDD. I used my XBox 360 to rip music from my CD's. Can I access the music on my XBox 360 from my Windows Vista Ultimate PC? I have a wired network connection and I am set up for Windows Media Center Extender. What's the use in adding a new user to Windows for my extender (MCX1)? I dont have any files in the folders for MCX1.
July 24th 08 09:04 AM
by XViiVX360 Go to last post

From The