  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Avast - has anyone else experienced this? by Richard Urban
FOOD FOR THOUGHT I was talking to Western Digital today and they gave me an RMA to return a "defective" 1 gig hard drive that sounded like a garbage truck for the past 4-5 days. I could hear the drive in the next room while watching television. I'm glad to say I don't have to return the drive. Today I downloaded the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purposes. I uninstalled...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 01:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
21 689
IDE drive not recognized. by dbacs
I have an Ultra ATA 100 drive that will not install in BIOS or Vista 32 ultimate OS. I have support on my motherboard for 66/100/133 pata (as well as sata II). I have all updated drivers for the motherboard. I'm using VIA's Hyperion Pro drivers. I think my problem is setting jumpers in the drive. I've tried the drive on both primary master and slave, and secondary primary and slave buses. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 15th 09 06:01 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
21 566
4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC) by Luc Martinet[_2_]
Hi, I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64 bits. The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system with the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage. This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram : Mother Board: Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 4th 09 07:48 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
21 449
Complete Crash without Blue Screen by Don Deacon
I upgraded to Vista about a month ago and since then my computer (used as a PVR) just keeps crashing. It is not even crashing with a blue screen, it just completely shuts off. After one of these crashes, I can't just power the PC back on either, I have to disconnect the power supply, flip the power switch, reconnect the power supply then boot. I'd swear it was just a HW problem myself but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 29th 08 04:42 PM
by Don Deacon Go to last post
21 800
weird RAM by Aaponline
hi all! I have a problem with my ram memory. I have vista ultimate sp1 with 4gb ram. When i look at my computer properties it shows i have 4,00gb ram (windows experience = 4,5 is that normal for this amount?). But task manager shows 1534 mb ram... it also shows i have 1gb occupied, which is 66% according to task manager. Is this a hardware problem or an OS problem? I don't hope windows is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 3rd 08 07:52 PM
by dennis Go to last post
21 546
Mouse not recognized after reboot following the 04/08 patch by SkyKnites
I have a new system that has been working flawlessly til this patch. vista64 home premium, and the offending device is a microsoft usb wheelmouse optical. Now when ever I reboot it says new hardware found and driver instillation failed. I downloaded and installed intellipoint 6.1 for 64bit. and device manager shows no conflict and if i just clear out of the error boxes it works fine. Just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 08 04:03 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
21 525
4Gb RAM, 32bit Vista by LL
After installing SP1 on Vista, the system properties report that I have 4Gb RAM installed, which is true. However it seems that from the Task Manager, it only can handle up to 3 Gb RAM. So is the other 1Gb wasted? Or is it actually in use for other invisible purposes?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 08 04:21 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
21 686
wireless gamig reciever for windows by Chris
i have a wireless gaming reciever that i bought back when i had vista home premium. worked fine, played thru halo 2 almost all the way thru. then i upgraded to vista home premium 64x and havent been able to get it to work yet. have tried installing/unistalling 20 or so times and updating it at the website, but no luck at all. anybody have any ideas or has there been a fix for this yet?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 08 08:17 PM
by gothaggis Go to last post
21 461
Vista sound playback devices missing speaker by Victag
I just bought a new PC and there is no sound coming out. If I go to the sound icon in Control Panel, there is only an SPDIF playback device showing, and no speaker option. I am not using the SPDIF port on the soundcard, but have my speakers connected to the other plugs (analog I think they are?) I have tried updating the driver with no luck. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 09 02:52 PM
by tracy Go to last post
21 802
ALL VISTAS BUGS...... by dingo
i have one qestion......why the hell haz vista got so many bugs??,my computers Internet explorer 7 freezes my computer now and then when im only on the net so i have to turn my computer off at the wall! cos it haz no responce!!!!!!! can anyone help me?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 3rd 07 10:49 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
21 492
Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION by Fred Munro
You need *some* experience with notepad and device manager for this to work. After trawling the net for a solution and finding none that worked, I thought of my own. This is only for VISTA Uninstall your code 10/19 devices in Device Manager Open Notepad and copy the text below
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 08 12:20 AM
by rob Go to last post
21 905
TV Tuner by Todd Marks
Can anyone give me some good, affordable TV Tuners that work well w/ Vista Media Center? I would like to get one w/ a PCI interface, but I also do have a PCI Express x1 slot available. I guess USB wouldn't be out of the question either as long as the picture quality is decent. Thanks in advance, Todd
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 09 01:20 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
21 549
Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 29th 07 07:18 PM
by Christian Møller Nielsen Go to last post
20 308
No sound on Vista by BigMonsterGirl
New computer - Compaq Presario with factory installed Vista Home Basic. I'm using the speakers from my old HP Pavilion - Polk Audio. I can get sound through them, it's just very, very faint. Is this a driver issue? I've looked in my device manager and the installed driver is a Realtek HD driver. I've been to the audio manager and troubleshot it every which way - no solution there. Any help...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 15th 07 08:09 AM
by Jack K Go to last post
20 481
Nvidia Radeon 9550 causing crashes by amejr999
I just installed an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB card yesterday, replacing a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 AGP card that worked fine. I'm running a Vista Home Premium machine with an Athlon XP 3200+ CPU and 1GB of RAM. The system crashes soon after boot. If Aero is enabled in Vista, it only takes a minute or two to crash. If Aero is disabled, it usually crashes after about 20 minutes. The crashes take a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 2nd 07 10:09 PM
by freddy Go to last post
20 419
REFUNDS vista 64 by TOM HATESVISTA
How do I get a refund for vista 64 the program does not work. The program does not work with common printer like HP 1200 and LemarK x8350 You cannot share a printers that are attached to an vista machine that is workgrouped with a computer running MS XP. There is no help or any way to resolve problems or any upside to using Vista. Unless you want to spend a lof of money for a computer that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 5th 07 08:23 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
20 504
Monitor doesn't display in anything but safe mode! by JM
Hi, I'm trying to use my TV as a monitor, using a DVI--VGA connection. I can see it load up, but once it begins to actually load Vista the screen reports "no signal detected". If I boot in safe mode, however, it does display. Can anyone help me out???
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 07 03:26 PM
by Andrew McNab Go to last post
20 486
Monitor not resizing properly by Mallic
ok specs first, Im running Vista home prem. 2 Nvidia 7800 GT's in sli. and I have 4 gig of memory. When ever I run a game on my computer that resizes the screen resoulution it always makes the screen become unreadable. The screen has diagonal lines through it like its trying to display properly, sound and everything else works fine, just the monitor isn't displaying properly. I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 26th 07 02:03 AM
by Hobo Go to last post
20 288
DVD Burner Stopped Working by ernie
Samsung burner has been working for 3 months plus under Vista Business. Today I tried to do a backup with Windows One Live Care and the burner keeps saying there is no media in the drive?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 07 11:22 PM
by pharohawk Go to last post
20 487
Can I use Aero Glass by chaos29
hello, I have a Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Chipset Family ( Microsoft Corporation - XDDM ) graphic card. 128 MB On an Acer TravelMate Notebook. I cant find anything to enable aero, do I need any special drivers ? or is it not possible with this graphic card to use aero ? I am using Vista RC2
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 11th 07 05:54 AM
by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee Go to last post

From The