External HDD drive write protected on vistax64 by rulybatters
Hi, Is there anybody who can help me please? A few months ago i bought a new HP Pavilion Elite m9530.be desktop computer running Vista Home Premium x64. Almost since the beginning i haven't been able to write to my external hdd wich i used to use on my XP Pro x32 Laptop. On my laptop, I have no problem at all writing and reading to the HDD.
March 22nd 09 03:13 AM
by Stuckindosmode Go to last post
5 216
Help with Hard Drive Stand By / Turn Off / Spin Down by trikat
Hi, I am looking for a way to force an external hard drive into stand by mode / turn off / spin down. Any help would be appreciated! :) As of right now the only way I can get the external drive to spin down is to let it reach the time set to turn off the hard drive (via Vista Power Options) or to turn off the computer. I can tell when the external drive is spun down since the vibrations stop....
March 21st 09 08:33 PM
by trikat[_2_] Go to last post
7 208
windows mobile (wmdc) & bluetooth sync to pda by tsttm
hi, ok, just got a new laptop with vista premium 32bit. Downloaded wmdc today & got it to sync with my axim x30 by usb and with a little fiddling around, i managed to get it to sync by bluetooth. But a couple things i want to iron out & verify. The default 'drop down' connect options in wmdc is COM3 & 'bluetooth'. When i paired my axim pda, i managed to get it assign to a bunch of COM ports...
March 21st 09 04:45 PM
by tsttm Go to last post
2 158
pci sata controller card by jimbojimjay
trying to install this card on to my vista pc turn pc off install in pci slot turn on pc no found new hardware wizard appears now i know that should happen i look in device manager and the only new thing there is via raid controller3249 the card im trying to install is the via vt6421 raid controller im stumped can antone tellme a way to sort this thanks i have installed the drivers for it and...
March 20th 09 09:03 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 157
dvd drive has ! mark in device manager by not4u
hi, my dvd drive has an ! mark in device manager.whe i tried to update driver,message show best driver is installed.i want to know what the problem is. thanks in advance.btw, my unit is an inspiron 640m,dvd drive is TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-L632D ATA Device. -- not4u
March 20th 09 01:53 PM
by not4u Go to last post
0 154
Vista 64bit SP1 not getting past driver load screen by Dominiccoombe
I have a machine with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo, 8GB ram and a 500GB hdd and plus video card and an IDE DVD rom. Vista loads the driver then reports that it cannot find any new devices which I assume it means it cannot find the HDD. i have tried all kinds of permutations of the bios settings. Can anyone help???
March 20th 09 01:17 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
5 181
AMD 3200+ not stepping, stuck at 800 Mhz by TXXXina
Everything looks fine except the performance when plugged into the mains power. I'd expect it to be throttling during 3d intensive use, with power settings set to performance (plugged in) where juice is not an issue. I can here the fans kicking into high gear but performance and real time monitoring confirms it to stay at 798. Since this is minimum spec for Vista, it would be...
March 20th 09 11:32 AM
by TXXXina Go to last post
0 142
Bluescreen upon plugging in USB device by Brady
I have been getting bluescreens when I plug in my iphone's usb connector (with or without the iphone attached) to my computer. Bucket: X64_0x39_ctoss2k+66d8, type 0 Windows solution says it has to do with my Audio Software, every time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to the newest version. System: Vista 64bit, fully updated Audio Driver: ctaud2k , by Creative
March 19th 09 11:54 PM
by Brady Go to last post
0 150
Modems Connecting... - Nothing happens by Grandad[_2_]
I have checked in device manager and the modem is reported as working OK. However, when trying to connect I get the message "Modems Connecting..." but nothing happens until it times out and you get the opportunity to repair. Windows then reports that there is nothing wrong. As I try to connect I get no sound from the modem but the phone works. Can anyone help please. Kind Regards Mick
March 19th 09 11:31 PM
by The Sentinel[_2_] Go to last post
2 160
multiple 6to4 adapter in device manager in vista ultimate x64 by Aitrus
How come? I have like 30 entries of 6to4 adapter in device manager? Why? Does it have any performance impact?
March 19th 09 04:43 PM
by Aitrus Go to last post
0 138
flash player 10 by dbrogan70
Hi I am a newbie and also a rookie senior on the pc I just recently bought a new Dell xps intel core 2quad cpu q6600 2.4ghz 64bit 4gig m 500g hd and for some reason I cant get flash drive to open I know I have it as it shows in my control panel at 2.98mb .If I get a file that has to have flash player I cant open it it keeps telling me to install it which I attempted to do numerous times and it...
March 19th 09 03:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 147
Drive partition by tradewins
I have an Acer aspire 5715z series which as its hard drive partitioned into two 30gig partitions. I would like to know, if I was to delete one of the partitions which is empty would the remaining partition take up the empty space on the hard drive. Thanks tradewins -- tradewins
March 19th 09 08:30 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 119
VX-3000/Home build not working by Fitz
I have been trying to connect a MS VX-3000 webcam to a homebuilt machine running Vista64 Premium. Downloaded the latest software/drivers from the MS website. The software installs and the webcam connects. I get good video feed and can hear audio just fine. Transmitting/recording audio is so weak as to be unusable. The "audio\video settings" tab in the Lifecam software is grayed out and cannot be...
March 19th 09 03:34 AM
by Fitz Go to last post
0 149
sudden bluescreen by Ravi gautam
I got a bluescreen a while ago, I troubleshoot according to Wireless networking problem section on Problems Report and Solutions, but I'm not sure if the problem will be fixed. 1. I already checked for drivers updates... there are none that I dont have already. 2. The Diagnose and Repair tool from Network and Sharing Center didnt find any problem. 3. I have the following parameters in my notebook...
March 18th 09 08:16 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 172
slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device Stopped Reading disks by Aaron Dorner
Hi everyone! Maybe somone will be able to help me out! I have a aspire 5610z notebook with Vista on it! About a year ago i had to do a complete reboot on it! Well when i did my slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device quit reading cds or dvds! Now when i check the device manger it tells me the drive is working properly! What I really wanted to know is if my drive is DEAD!!!!!!!!!! When I put a...
March 18th 09 07:43 PM
by no1 Go to last post
1 655
choosing which monitor displays a program at startup by Jeff[_18_]
On a dual monitor system, is it possible to choose which monitor displays a program at startup? If I put a shortcut to Internet Explorer in the startup folder, can I tell it to start the program on monitor 1 or monitor 2? Jeff
March 18th 09 06:58 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 147
How To Reassign a Key w/Wireless 6k Keyboard by Saidas[_9_]
I want to reassign the Log-Off key on my Wireless 6000 keyboard and it can't be done with the Keyboard option in Control Panel. I found this tip but have a question and the thread has been closed and thought I would try he I used an utility called WIXMO ('GRC*|*WIZMO - Steve's Windows Gizmo**' (http://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm)). I reassigned the logoff button to sleep using this...
March 18th 09 06:48 PM
by Saidas[_9_] Go to last post
0 230
Laptop display problem by Captain C
Hi folks, I've got an Sony VGN-BX197XP laptop that I've upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate. Since then I've encountered some strange display-related issues: 1) I could only boot into Aero about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I forced onto the Standard theme with no Aero option. Since installing Vista SP1 I can't get Aero at all. 2) When not running in Aero mode I can't get the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 09 05:50 PM
by philto34 Go to last post
13 388
USB Media Reader "Unknown Device" by Jakeman97
Hi, Have a 6 in 1 USB 2.0 Internal Media Card Reader on an old eMachine (D2266) that ran and worked on Win XP Pro x32. There is no Manufacturer's ID Tag anywhere on this unit. I installed this card reader into my Vista Home Premium x64 machine. Then plugged into an available motherboard USB port and turned on computer. The power light on the media reader lit indicating power, and Vista claimed...
March 18th 09 05:00 PM
by Jakeman97 Go to last post
7 177
WD Passport External HD not showing up in My Computer by MaeghenLeigh
I am trying to use my External HD (WD Passport), I have used it with this computer before (Vista) and it worked fine. It takes a couple minutes to install teh driver files and then it says its working fine, but does not show up in My Computer. The safely remove hardware icon is still there. I checked device manager and it is there, saying it is working properly. How do I access my files? ...
March 18th 09 04:41 PM
by MaeghenLeigh Go to last post

From The