No Audigy Drivers from Creative by Mike Barbere
There are no Audigy drivers for Vista x64. I have a first gen Audigy card with 5.1 that I wanted to get working. Tried the XP x64 drivers. The driver is not digitally signed so it said it would not install...did not give me the option of whether or not I wanted to continue. Anyone find a workaround or should I pester Creative?
December 1st 06 10:24 AM
by CJM Go to last post
3 222
WD 2500JB External USB Hard Drive by warder
For some reason this doesn't appear as a Removable Drive, but instead as a real drive. So you cannot eject it safely. All USB Hard Drives should be removable.
December 1st 06 11:50 AM
by Theo Go to last post
1 160
Windows 98 Check For Signal on Start-up, Cannot get past it! by Terita
I need to know if someone could tell me what to do to get this off my screen when I start my computer. There are no icons etc. only thing visible is a small box in the middle of the screen which says "CHECK FOR SIGNAL" I am totally lost. I cannot figure out how to get past it. I have checked all my cables to and from the computer. The tower also had a beeping sound until I reset the power...
December 1st 06 11:55 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 188
2nd monitor with Vista by Todd Hudson
I am using the RTM of Vista and con not figure out how to keep my laptop monitor turned off. I want to use my external monitor for everything. The monitor runs on my laptop as well as showing the idential thing on my external monitor. Help please. thanks
December 1st 06 04:07 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
2 185
Ati Radeon 9200 128mb graphic AGP 8x card anyone using it with vis by TXT
Has anyone tried using Vista Premium with Ati Radeon 9200 128mb Graphic card can you please share your experience. Does Window Vista premium even run on this card?
December 1st 06 04:18 PM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
4 170
Formatting DVD "calculating time remaining" by Brian
Hi all, I have a dell xps and having problems formatting DVDs... when I insert them and choose to make a disc using explorer, I am prompted for disc title for formatting the blank disk. Click ok and the message "calculating time remaing " appears and never goes away. Any ideas as without this I dont know how to get office 2007 cd burned and installed (legit download from MSDN!). Is there...
December 1st 06 08:32 PM
by Brian Go to last post
2 197
computer hardware and network setup by [email protected]
With vista, if I a to have a home network wiht three computers, file charing and internet sharing, which setup would you recomend based on the hardware styles: a) an older desktop, 900mhz amd athlon with less than 512mb of RAM as the main "hub" of the network, with 2 laptops that BLOW IT AWAY in everything (memory, speed, size), but still have the desktop as the main "family computer ...
December 1st 06 09:02 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
6 228
SMP Support by Digitized Gopher
Does Vista support SMP (like 2 AMD opeterons or 2 Xeons)? Is it only supported on specific versions of Vista?
December 1st 06 10:09 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 236
Flash OFDM Flarion PCMCIA device could not start - error code 10 by Borko
Hi, I have been searching all over the web and so far wasn't able to found solution. I have a Flash OFDM PCMCIA - Flarion modem, and there is no way to make it run under vista. The process goes like this: I install the software with drivers just like under XP, then i plug the PCMCIA modem in and after installing the drivers it returns me the error code 10 - device could not start. There is...
December 1st 06 10:23 PM
by Borko Go to last post
0 278
Linksys LNE100TX? by Paula
This card worked fine in beta 2 but won't in pre RC1! Why would that happen? I thought pre RC1 was suppose to come with loads of drivers? Any ideas? I don't see anything on the Linksys web site that addresses Vista. Paula
December 1st 06 11:24 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
3 427
Not yet by Chuckles
Intel has no plans to release WDDM drivers for reasons that are either technical or marketing related. I feel that it should be possible to hack the 945's drivers and modify them to work with the 915 to have acceptable aero performance. I don't have the coding experience, but I'm sure someone out there with a 915 does and will take on the call. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice...
December 2nd 06 04:28 AM
by Chuckles Go to last post
0 309
New Logicam QuickCam IM Software! by Tom Lake
Logicam has posted new QuickCam IM drivers for Vista 32- and 64-bit systems. The new version number is 10.4. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=12246 Tom Lake
December 2nd 06 06:14 AM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
3 175
Silicon Image SIL 0680 by spyder-monkey00
I've been playing with the drivers for this ata133 IDE controller card with Vista RC1. and as you can see by the link to the image below, everythings working except the controller driver. anybody able to actually get this or any other controller card working with RC1? http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/monkeyboy000/ide_issues.jpg
December 2nd 06 06:45 AM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
3 135
USB memory stick problem by Ron de Bruin
Hi all AMD 64 X2 dual system with 4 gb ram (A8N-SLI Premium board) with Vista 32 bit Vista see my USB key when I insert it but I get this error: Device driver software was not successfully installed I see the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon but this will not respond when I use it What can I try to fix this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 03:22 PM
by Ron de Bruin Go to last post
13 269
hard drive transplant question by [email protected]
I have a 100GB h/d in my laptop. It is IDE/ATA, but Gateway says they have hard drives htat are compatble with my laptop at 160GB capacities. But I have a differnet option. I will be coming into a 160GB, HP Personal Media drive in a short while. I was wondering if I could, perhaps, transplant the hard drive from the hp personal media drive, into my laptop and move the 100GB out to the...
December 2nd 06 04:44 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 126
Soundblaster Augdigy drivers won't load and the PC slows to a craw by Harvdog46
I had a soundblaster audigy SE card that worked with Vista Beta 2, however when I upgraded to RC1 the sound card wouldn't work due to driver incompatibility. I took a Soundblaster Audigy (not an SE) out of my other PC and downloaded drivers from Creative. The driver load failed twice, but on the third try it loaded, except when I rebooted, the drivers didn't load and the PC slowed from 2.8...
December 2nd 06 05:19 PM
by Roscoe Go to last post
2 137
Vista and the Cingular 8125 by NavyMustang
Windows Mobile Device Center is supposed to be a hot addition to Vista. SO, why won't Vista recognize my new Cingular 8125??? It can't find a device driver and tells me to contact my device manufacturer. Anybody know how to get the Mobile Device Center to start working on my 8125?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 07:00 PM
by Keith Nicholson Go to last post
13 236
File balancing between 2 hard drives by Powderflo
I have an older computer ~5 yrs with 2 hard drives - one 20 GB and one 500 GB (installed later). My master drive is the 20 GB drive containing program files, Documents, etc. My 20 GB drive has 5% free space, but my 500 GB drive has 86% free space. How can I make my 500 GB drive the master, and my 20 GB as the back-up for personal files, photos, etc? Thank you.
December 2nd 06 08:41 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 118
AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit by Dylan
AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit does anyone know if these drivers are available? I'm trying to run AMD's dashboard software to monitor my cpu's frequency, temp, voltage, and fan speed. I need AMD's drivers to run this software, it won't work with the Microsoft drivers that come with vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 06 08:23 AM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
15 208
T-Mobile UMTS Card Fusion 3G by Markus Klein
Hello, does anybody knows a way to make my UMTS Card Fusion 3G (T-Mobile) run under Vista RC2 Build 5744? Communication Center is not working properly and drivers cannot start. Thanks Markus Klein
December 3rd 06 10:38 AM
by Michael Ward Go to last post

From The