How to setup IDE software RAID 0? by dbacs
I posted in another thread with a similar topic. In that thread i got my SATA drives setup in a RAID 0 configuration. Now i would like to setup my 3 IDE drives the same way. I am using a VIA software RAID utility for my SATA's. I have no idea where to start. I searched the internet and it seems most of this is only done with Linux boxes. Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to setup an...
March 12th 09 08:42 PM
by dbacs Go to last post
5 189
Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 problem by Tom
Hello, I bought the Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 one month ago and installed it using this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818/en-us Everything was fine for a month, until yesterday, when I simply couldn't move the mouse. I replaced the batteries but it didn't work. I tried to add the mouse again, but Vista can't seem to recognize it. I gave the mouse to my friend, and his...
March 12th 09 08:46 AM
by sahome[_2_] Go to last post
8 275
dvd-cdrom and code 39 by JB[_7_]
all of a sudden my DVD-cd rom stopped working and in the device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark. I have researched this online and have tried everything from deleting/reinstalling to trying regedit and the upper and lower filters thing which were nowhere to be found to installing another drive but the same message came up. I'm lost. I went to Dell forums, Microsoft help and forums...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 09 03:25 AM
by Justlostthatsall Go to last post
17 348
blue screen by mesa
hi, I have this blue screen appears suddenly with lots of error messages, and then the PC shuts down or restart by itself, I triede software called Advanced Systems care,to fix it, with no luck, wht could cause bthis problem, and anyone one knows how to fix it thanks
March 12th 09 12:30 AM
by mesa Go to last post
2 171
VIA RAID 0 not recognized by dbacs
Strange things are happening here. :) I have plugged 2 of my SATA drives into my motherboard and windows vista 32 installed a VIA RAID driver. Next time i booted i found a RAID utility before vista started. So i decided to setup a RAID 0 on these 2 drives, in the bios utility. When vista restarted the RAID is not showing in windows explorer. Any advice?
March 11th 09 11:40 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 201
ASUS A8R 32-MVP/ Realtek ALC 882 Audio WDM & Codec Problems by knjames
"1RadDad" wrote: Hi, I Just Installed Win Vista Beta 2 64 Bit the other day & am still having problems getting the sound to work. My drivers said doesnt support WNT_5.1p or WNT_6.0P, so i Hacked/edited & added them both to the audio files using notepad, now in device manager says its installed properly, but in the toolbar i have the red x on the speaker & select Volume...
March 11th 09 09:05 AM
by knjames Go to last post
0 210
Vista Display issues by Praveen
Hi, Windows Vista Ultimate (Final release - MSDN) Windows vista set to 800x600 resolution works fine. However, when i try setting the same to 1024x768 resolution my screen stretches vertically, and i cannot see start menu/taskbar? Any help will be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 09 02:11 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
20 411
SLI... ****ing me off by maspunk420
now i've been to the nvidia forum and have stated my issue and have yet to recive any reply regaurding it.... so i come here... now my issue is when i enable SLI with my nvidia control panel i get a blank screen with a flashing underscore in the top left corner.... this stayed there for about an hour and a half untill i restarted the computer...
March 11th 09 02:02 AM
by maspunk420 Go to last post
0 229
Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 by ssuarez
I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties and click on Buttons the following message appears: "Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 09 09:31 PM
by sahome Go to last post
11 258
Bluescreen by Russ[_7_]
I got a bluescreen full of "stuff", it must mean something to someone, when I tried to shut down. My Lenovo 3000 K series would not shut down automatically and I had to turn it off by pressing the Off/On button. The Ethernet network is pointed to. Anyone else with the same problem? -- Everyday is Saturday Blk_Kar
March 10th 09 05:28 PM
by Russ[_7_] Go to last post
2 144
TV Tuner by Todd Marks
Can anyone give me some good, affordable TV Tuners that work well w/ Vista Media Center? I would like to get one w/ a PCI interface, but I also do have a PCI Express x1 slot available. I guess USB wouldn't be out of the question either as long as the picture quality is decent. Thanks in advance, Todd
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 09 01:20 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
21 549
Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board? by ColTom2
Hi: Does anyone know of a Vista driver applicable Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board or a work around so that I can upgrade my Sony Desktop VGC-RA716G with MCE(2005) to Vista? If not, how would I go about finding a suitable hardware replacement for this board i.e. mfg, model/part number that would work with Vista? I am not familiar at all with hardware in this area, as you might tell.
March 9th 09 11:44 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
7 151
Sudden shutdown by Erdna
So now and then my XP pc shuts down for no aparent reason. No blue screen, nothing in the event logs, the only thing that happens is a disk control (checkdisk) when I restart it, but nothing (lost clusters...) is being found. The power supply has been replaced, but still the same problem. Could the HDD still be involved even when a chkdsk shows no anomalities? Thanks for any advise.
March 9th 09 12:11 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 162
bluescreen by PastorCheezhead
0x7f_8_RTL8187B+eca1, type 0
March 9th 09 11:51 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 184
Fault Bucket X64_0x9F_IMAGE_athrx.sys, type 0 by rbd[_2_]
Please help me with this blue screen problem. System information follows: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 3/7/2009 12:37:24 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A
March 8th 09 04:30 AM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
4 147
0x50_nt!LeadUpVec+2c, type 0 by ab
i got this blue screen error several times has to do with broadcom WLAN card please help
March 7th 09 11:11 PM
by ab Go to last post
0 169
vista 64 bit blu-ray driver by bob alou[_2_]
I bought a sony blu-ray rom drive that did not come w/vista 64 bit drivers. The bundled software from cyberlink can be upgraded for $100 which is almost the cost of the drive. Are there any free drivers out there?
March 7th 09 11:01 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 153
Multiple Audio Outputs in Vista? by drago300
I have this issue - in XP I could simultaneously output to my Theater in the next room over with a coaxle cord, while streaming the same output to my 2.1 at my desk. Now in Vista, no-go. Why? Reduced functionality in an "upgraded" OS? Really? I mean don't get me wrong, it's neat to send ventrilo to only my headset and play tunes out of my 2.1, but why can't there be a simple checkbox on the...
March 7th 09 07:24 PM
by drago300 Go to last post
1 144
External DVD RW Not Working by ah85
Hi!!! I have purchased a LG DVD-RW (IDE) and got it fitted in case so that I can use it externally by USB. Vista (Ultimate) detects it and even shows icon in MY Computer also. But then I try to copy data from disc or try to burn a disc it works for a while and then gets disconnected. But it works fine in Windows Xp. Pls help me...
March 7th 09 06:49 PM
by ah85 Go to last post
0 133
Lost CD/DVD Drives Problem......Again by Bolosun
I have the problem where I cannot access 2 of my CD DVD drives on my system. I have in total 3 drives - 1 CD writer and 1 DVD writer connected to the IDE bus, which are visible in the BIOS but not under Vista Premium. I have a DVD writer connected to the SATA bus which I can see under Vista. Having a search through the forum there is a known issue where I need to remove the upper and lower...
March 7th 09 10:13 AM
by Bolosun Go to last post

From The