Nvidia Cards on Vista x64 (RTM) by CJM
I've just build myself a new high-end PC including a 7900GTO gfx card. I dabbled with XP Pro but had a few graphical problems so I thought I'd install Vista (rtm) instead, whcih I did. At first, everything looked OK, but when I started using more demanding applications (i.e. 3D games) I encountered some artifacting and distortion. Particularly in Battlefield 2, Civililzation IV, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 06 01:56 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
18 414
ATI Radeon 9550 Video Card 8x AGP 256MB DDR? by GT
ATI Radeon 9550 Video Card 8x AGP 256MB DDR I've been looking at the system requirements for Ati Radeon 9500 on Ati/AMD website, retail, website and notice that it does not display any Power supply requirements. My system has 200 watts with Ati 9200 128mb memory. Anyone Know the Power supply requirements for Ati Radeon 9550 Video Card? Can i run Ati Radeon 9500 on my system? will the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 06 03:47 AM
by JW Go to last post
15 459
iPod by James Minns
Hi, Anyone installed iPod/iTunes with Vista? I get an unrecognized device and the driver can't be found, on original cd, windows update or even installing the latest iTunes Thanks for any ideas, James
December 9th 06 06:12 AM
by gadgeteer Go to last post
2 344
page_fault_in_non_paged_area by R.Demandt
I have installed windows vista ultimate (dutch) onto my hp nc6220 laptop, everytime I connect my PCMCIA firewire card to the laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area" Any solutions?
December 9th 06 10:04 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 158
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by Evert
I have a similar case: 4GB of RAM on an ABIT AB9 Pro motherboard. BIOS sees 4GB, WinXP Pro sees 4GB, but Vista RC2 sees 'only' 3326 MB... Regards, Evert "geo85706" wrote:
December 9th 06 12:50 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 140
Error i get when installing dvd writer by Tdawgx
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is teh first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates....
December 9th 06 04:11 PM
by Bcs4 Go to last post
1 200
Wireless usb card that works with Vista RTM by fpsoft
I have a USRobotics 5422 usb wireless network card, i have contacted usrobotics about Vista support and they have told me: "We do not have Windows Vista drivers for any US Robotics devices until the OS is released retail. This product is not supported on Windows Vista.". Accepted this, does anybody know a usb wireless card that works with Vista RTM?
December 9th 06 04:17 PM
by Gumarx Go to last post
2 182
MCE Remote stopped working on Windows Vista Ultimate RTM by Billy Reynolds
As the subject suggests, I have installed my complimentary copy of Ultimate for being an active beta tester, I have a MCE remote set that I used on XP MCE and at first it worked great with the Media Center Edition in Vista. Then it suddenly stopped working, I can't find it in the system hardware list to try to remedy this. I have a sneaking suspicion Microsoft have deliberately disabled the...
December 9th 06 04:48 PM
by Gerry Go to last post
1 200
RTM and dual monitors by Dan Bachrach
I am running Vista Ultimate RTM, on a Dell Latitude D820 laptop (in a docking station) with the nVidia mvs Quadro 120 card. While I understand that nVidia hasn't released a driver for my card yet and that I may be waiting eons for them to do so, I still can't get the system to work correctly on two monitors. Sometimes it shows up on two monitors, but more often than not it doesn't. Has...
December 9th 06 07:50 PM
by P Cause Go to last post
1 201
ATI Mobility X1300 -- Display resolution drops when waking up from sleep. by Adam Conde
Occasionally, when I wake my notebook up from sleep, the display resolution drops from 1680x1050 to 1024x768. I then need to go into display setting and change the resolution back to 1680x1050. I have the latest Vista drivers from ATI. Any ideas? Adam Conde
December 9th 06 09:48 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 244
Laptop battery won't charge after Vista installed by Swanie
I loaded Vista RC1 Build 5600 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop a few days ago. Everything seemed to be running fine. The power management icon was running is the systray and I thought it indicated the laptop was plugged in to AC with 100% power and was set in the "Normal" mode. I did not shut the computer down overnight to let the antivirus and tune-up programs run and figured it would go...
December 9th 06 09:49 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
2 241
help. Digital filter? how to de-filter? USB audio device by
Dear All, It is for sure that when I send audio data down to USB audio device, Vista add a digital filter there between. This destroy our application because we have our own way of package/unpackage data which can tolerate normal occasional byte missing. But add a filter will totally change it. What filter they added and how to de-filter it? I would like to pay for the answer.
December 9th 06 10:30 PM
by Go to last post
0 289
What Writers working with Vista Final? by Tdawgx
So, ive gone threw a Pioneer710, sony and now a LG internal burner. The Pioneer one wouldnt even let me get into windows. Same wiht the Sony burner. I just got a LG one that atleast gets to the Windows logo, but then just stops. So anyone else have final and what burner are they using that works. Took my system over to bestbuy geeksquad and tehy couldnt figure out why none of htem worked.
December 9th 06 11:49 PM
by Chris Go to last post
4 224
Sony Vaio Hardware Keys by bcain2005
I have a sony Vaio VGN-S360 laptop. Sony uses a propriatary startup program to handle the screen brightness and sound hotkeys. The Windows XP driver doesn't work and complians about the battery being low, so its obvious that it doesn't read the information correctly in Vista. Since all sony laptops use this system, I was hoping that someone else had this problem and found a way to resolve...
December 10th 06 01:14 AM
by Giovanni Go to last post
4 236
Vista RC1 will not charge battery by Jeff
Hi there, I have a Compaq N600c laptop with a new battery. With Windows XP and a Vista beta, the battery would charge, and would last 3 to 4 hours without being plugged in. Now that I have installed RC1 the battery stays at 5%, and charging status switches between charging and not charging. The problems started with RC1 - any ideas on how to fix this? Are there any hidden charging...
December 10th 06 01:59 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 151
Acer C314, Vista and modem by Zakhar Amirov
Vista has installed some driver "Agre Systems AC'97 Modem", but it cant not only call any number but diagnostic doesnt work too.
December 10th 06 10:49 AM
by Zakhar Amirov Go to last post
0 196
Acer C314, Vista and FIR by Zakhar Amirov
Vista installed some driver but it doesnt detect my PDA (as WinXP) and cant receive any file from it
December 10th 06 10:51 AM
by Zakhar Amirov Go to last post
0 194
Acer C314, Vist and switching default audio device by Zakhar Amirov
Almost any time i switch default recording or playback device Explorer restarts
December 10th 06 10:54 AM
by Zakhar Amirov Go to last post
0 177
BlueSoleil 2.3 cause a bluescreen by Kenneth
when I use a USB bluetooth adaptor with BlueSoleil 2.3 standard Release 060728, a bluesreen will happen every time, both in vista and 2003 server. is there anyone has the same problem?
December 10th 06 01:26 PM
by Kenneth Go to last post
5 170
December 10th 06 02:29 PM