Video Card recommendation by smartscottiedog
I'm looking to upgrade my Dell VGA/DVI dual monitor card to DVI/DVI and HDMI output with audio. I have a home theater system in the same room that I would like to utilize to view desktop content or Media Center (Vista Ultimate). All at the same time I'm viewing dual monitor set. Options I'm considering... 1. Get an MC extender such as XBox 360 and hook it up to home theater. I assume I still...
February 24th 09 06:14 PM
by smartscottiedog Go to last post
0 160
windows 2008 server on a scsi raid 29160 by batzzz19
im trying to put my hardrives as one. raid 0 or stringging the same type of hard drives i know i need the bios for this operation system because its not included in the os so where is it you guys and girls. and how is the proper way to do it like it so. thanks
February 24th 09 05:58 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
4 210
usb to rs232 converter by longrider
I can't get my usb to rs232 cable to install and vista keeps indexing the com port as it trys the next install. I have downloaded the driver, updated the driver, deleted the driver and reloaded the driver to no avail. Now it shows 26 com ports in use and tells me the device I am trying to install is trying to use a display name that is already in use. How do I clear this up so I can install...
February 23rd 09 08:45 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
3 166
Event ID 10 — Event Filter Query Functionality by RandyERaymond
I did a search for this, but nothing popped. So, if there is another thread, just let me know. I am getting this error, and am uncertain about how to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated. Windows Vista Home Ed. 3 physical memory: 3GB Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 2400 MHz, 4 Cores, 4 logical processors nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
February 23rd 09 05:15 PM
by RandyERaymond Go to last post
0 177
Windows CE USB Devices driver issue by George Wen
I am experiencing issue with my windows mobile 6.1 phone while trying to connect to vista, I remembered that it was working a while ago. but now whenever I connect my phone to my pc, it start installing 'Windows CE USB Devices' driver and failed to find any suitable driver for it. does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks a lot....
February 23rd 09 12:53 AM
by george wen Go to last post
1 160
French Characters in Word by Jacqueline M
When I type in MS Word certain keys are showing up as French characters. I have a Toshiba laptop and the French characters are printed on the keys in red, but in all other programs the keys work just fine. For example, the question mark key comes up ? here just fine, but in MS word it shows up as a capital E with an apostrophe over it. HOW do I turn it off?
February 22nd 09 07:47 PM
by Eric Tiberius Duckman Go to last post
9 285
test by DesDeMoaner
test (sorry)
February 22nd 09 06:08 PM
by DesDeMoaner Go to last post
0 274
Warning: Long post- Help with connecting an external hard drive please? by jezterking
I will make this as short as I can but I don’t even know where to start… I purchased a Fantom Drives 1 TB GreenDrive and connected it to my laptop (HP Pavilion dv7 notebook with Vista 64) using an eSATA cable because it supposedly makes a major difference in transfer speeds. The drive is no faster than with a USB cable, so I googled to find info about slow eSATA transfers and read through a LOT...
February 22nd 09 03:19 PM
by David Go to last post
6 159
Vista Premium and Hauppauge HVR-1600 by Icebox
I am working on a PC that has Vista Premium, 4gb memory, lots of hd space and a Nvidia 7600 GS. It works great in just about any resolution (1280x1024). However, when I install the Hauppauge HVR-1600 card the PC comes up in 800x600 4bit color! I've swapped slots (it is a PCI card); uninstalled the Nvidia drivers; reinstalled drivers. Nothing works. Is there something I'm doing wrong? --...
February 22nd 09 02:29 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 169
Storage Controller Problem by skywreck
Hello Just upgraded to Vista 32 OS after having used Windows Xp for some time. Downloaded all the drivers for the motherboard from Asus site, namely: Intel Chipset Software Intallation Utility Package V8.3.0.1013 WHQL Marvel LAN Driver SoundMax Driver Marvell 88SE61xx PATA-SATA
February 22nd 09 12:36 AM
by skywreck Go to last post
2 229
Safely Remove Hardware Error by alikane
Hi there Recently i've been getting this problem with windows vista home edition where constantly on and off im getting the two beeps as though a USB device has been plugged in and within one second you hear another two beeps indicating that it has been removed. I'm not putting anything in or out i'm guessing this is some sort of hardware error. I've had the laptop for about 6 months now. I'm...
February 21st 09 05:47 PM
by FrustratedwithPC[_2_] Go to last post
5 205
Dynamic Disk BSOD by jashfa93
I have Vista ultimate installed on my original harddrive. I recently installed a new harddrive which i partitioned and made a backup partition and a partition which I installed linux onto. I had some unallocated space and chose to extend my backup partition but to do so it said i had to convert my second harddrive into a dynamic disk. I clicked ok and now when i startup into vista I get a BSOD...
February 21st 09 03:29 AM
by jashfa93 Go to last post
0 177
Dell Inspiron 530 - Networking problem by Jim Robin
Hi, I have been asked to look at a problem with a computer at our local social club. It's a Dell Inspiron 530. It was not showing anything to do with Networking in the device manager so I went to the BIOS and enabled the network. When I restarted Vista this time the network device was showing in the device manager but that there were no drivers installed for it. If I can manage to...
February 21st 09 01:15 AM
by Jim Robin Go to last post
4 234
0x000000B8 Blue Screen by Tony
Hi, i recently installed Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium. I've had it for about two weeks now, And at least once a day I get a blue screen saying "A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine." Blue screen code 0x000000B8. It seems to happen more often when installing something anywhere from a program, game, or even windows updates. I've updated all my...
February 20th 09 11:14 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 210
ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle by Akhilesh Agarwal
Hi, I have a ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle plugged into my computer running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 RTM. It does not have the drivers for this USB Dongle. Can anyone suggest how to make this work, or where to get the drivers from? Akhilesh Agarwal
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 09 10:52 PM
by zaneyuan Go to last post
12 706
DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista by technomann
HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a 2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure, but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has happened? Any advice would be GREATLY...
February 20th 09 09:53 PM
by technomann Go to last post
4 250
PS2 Optical Mouse Problem by hitandrun
Hi I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. I've been having trouble with my PS2 mouse. Whenever I boot my PC on the first boot into windows the mouse doesn't respond. After a restart me having to move the mouse around and press the buttons while I boot it picks it up and no problems until the next boot. I've tried new Motherboard drivers, and have SP1, but to no avail. Please help it's annoying. I had XP...
February 20th 09 03:43 PM
by hitandrun Go to last post
0 198
Western Digital Caviar Black by Mark Stonecipher
Just received a Western Digital Caviar Black 640kb. First I have a WD 320 SATA 2 drive, and bought this new one to replace it as a boot drive. I am using Vista and use the dual upgrade option when installing. The 320 drive works fine, and after removing it and installed the new Cavair black drive. It will not complete the upgrade because at the end it says it cant find certain drivers. ...
February 20th 09 01:26 PM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
1 187
XBOX 360 Controller won't work.... by starjr
with Vista 32 bit - just got controller off ebay and nothing works. Don't get the usb thing people are saying - all i got was a controller - nothing else. My brother in law had his 2 wired controllers working fine here the other day and now nothing works..... I even deleted the software and reinstalled it from microsoft and still nothing---help!!!!!
February 20th 09 12:12 AM
by Drew[_6_] Go to last post
2 263
Phenom II by Martin Racette
Hi, I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a Phenom II -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance
February 19th 09 03:48 PM
by cliff[_2_] Go to last post

From The