PnP Driver Not Found by Bridgendboi
I've bought myself a Seagate 320GB External HDD (USB 2.0 - 8MB cache if relevent) which i've plugged into my computer. It's supposed to just plug and go, however the machine is throwing up a window saying "WINDOWS NEEDS TO INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR SEAGATE EXTERNAL DRIVE". Of course, the drive didn't come supplied with a CD as Seagate said it should plug and play. Eventually it...
May 11th 07 05:21 AM
by twrenfroe51 Go to last post
1 121
Processor and Memory (RAM): Not Available Vista - Control Panel-Sy by brinkk
I went to System to rate my vista experience and I see that I cannot rate it because it says... Processor: Not Available Memory (RAM): Not Available However, in Windows Start Center (whatever its called when the system first boots up) It shows everything correct! Someone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 07 01:20 AM
by waweech Go to last post
10 203
No Sound on Windows XP by Briscoeat
I need some advice on how to fix the sound on my computer. I recently cleared some space on my computer by deleting programs I didn't use, but nothing to do with the sound. Now I lost sound and when I try to play music or a DVD the video will play but no sound. The message says a sound device isn't installed or is being used by another program comes up. I have tried all of the...
May 29th 08 09:35 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 168
My computer won't recognize that a CD has been put in by Brittany
Every time I put in a CD the computer doesn't recognize that it's in there. What's wrong with it and is there anything I can do to fix it?
April 9th 08 08:17 AM
by GJIsh[_2_] Go to last post
2 168
3+ mouse buttons by Bro
Hello, I have mouse with 5 buttons. I cant find update for the application which was mapping the additional buttons. Does anyone knows such similar for Windows Vista, or at least is it possible to set them up somehow trough standart windows environment TIA
February 7th 07 10:33 AM
by Max Go to last post
1 172
No sata driver for Nforce 4 mobo, no driver for Audigy 2 value by broccolibeef
This is part of my first impressions of Vista--I have an evaluation copy of Vista Ultimate(32 bit, Build 5840) obtained from an MS launch event in Los Angeles. First, I have an Asus A8N-E mobo, supporting AMD 939 socket CPUS, and with BIOS 1080. But under Vista, my SATA HD--Western Digital WD1600JS--is not recoginized as an SATA device but an ATA device. In fact, NO SATA channels are...
January 29th 07 09:43 PM
by Pete Go to last post
9 140
How to care for a DSL modem by broccolibeef
This question does NOT have anything to do with Vista. Because I cannot find a good place to ask this question, I am trying it here. The question is as the subject line: how to care for a DSL modem? Should I turn it off after I am done with an internet session--or at least during the night when I am sleeping, or should I leave it on all the time? I live in Los Angeles and am using the ATT...
February 17th 07 06:43 PM
by broccolibeef Go to last post
6 186
AMD Dual Core Optimizer Needed in Vista (32 bit)? by broccolibeef
Under Vista (Ultimate, 32 bit), do I need to install the AMD dual core optimizer for my AMD dual core proc(x2, 3800+, Toledo)? The AMD Dual Core Optimizer can be found he http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html Thanks!
April 6th 07 03:21 AM
by NjetSpam Go to last post
4 123
ATI Mobility FireGL V5250 by Brochs
I'm trying to install a IBM Thinkpad T60p with Windows Vista. I found a Microsoft Certified driver for this Graphic adapter and installed it. When I try to restart the computer it start to boot, but at once Vista starts to run the screen turns of, and everything freeze. This happends every time. After that I downloaded the Driver that IBM supplies for this graphic adapter, and now it boots...
April 18th 07 12:59 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 175
ATI Mobility FireGL V5250 - Very strange by Brochs
Hi, I have a IBM Thinkpad T60p with ATI mobility FireGL V5250 graphics adapter. The driver Lenovo provides for this is useless and make the computer not bootable. I have found drivers from Microsoft Update WDDM signed drivers. The strange thing is that the driver for V5250 doesn't work, and stops the computer from booting, just cant get it working. Then I installed the Microsoft WDDM signed...
May 8th 07 07:54 PM
by Brochs Go to last post
0 94
Cannot convert to dyamic disk. by brodo
I want to make a striped array with two WD 250gb sata drives. However, I cannot convert the disks to dynamic. The option is not available!! Running Vista Home Premium intel MB 945GPM using the onboard sata controller Any help would be great. Cheers,
March 12th 07 04:14 AM
by Keith Schaefer Go to last post
1 123
installed vista on the wrong partition by BrodyNoQ
i installed vista on my D: drive .. i was supose to install it on my primary C: drive ..is there any way to uninstall vista on my D: drive?.. it's pretty annoying .. by the way i'm running a ASUS P5K SE/EPU Motherboard.. -- BrodyNoQ
July 22nd 09 06:01 PM
by Ex_Brit[_5_] Go to last post
7 274
BIOS Sees the IDE HDD; Windows does not by Broken32
Hi, Currently I have 2 HDD. One SATA, with Vista on it, one IDE, with an old XP copy on it. I am booting from the SATA HDD. Well the I have my DVD Drive as the IDE Master, the HDD as the Slave (All I do on the IDE HDD is recover files). Well BOIS sees all the drives, Configures correctly (I think), but then I get into windows. It sees C: and D: (Paritions on the SATA) but not the IDE Hard Drive....
March 31st 09 10:42 PM
by Broken32 Go to last post
4 192
1680*1050 - Where is it at? by Bronder
This is in regards to the Vista x86 I got from MSDN. I have an NVidia 7900GT wtih a Viewsonic 22" that should be running native resolution at 1680*1050. I've installed the latest drivers from NVidia, the Viewsonic Vista Inf, etc & still get no native support. Is this some sort of crule trick being played by me. I have a 19" as my 2nd monitor & all is working there as intended. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 06 11:55 PM
by Clint Go to last post
10 297
No Sound by Brooke
After installing Vista my sound doesn't work. I'm on an Acer laptop. I've uninstalled the sound driver and reinstalled and yet nothing. Please help
May 9th 07 01:20 AM
by 555NAH Go to last post
9 122
post iPod ejecting problem by Browncoat
I typically don't bump topics--but I am having the exact same problem--iPod enters infinte loop once I plug it in. When it is done updating, it automatically disconnects. As soon as it disconnects, it automagically reconnects--therefore making it impossible to unmount it by any means oher than yanking the plug. "BrokeStudent" wrote: Short-of-the-long... when ejecting my iPod from the...
October 12th 06 02:48 AM
by Browncoat Go to last post
0 224
Vista home premium randomly freezes by Brownman
Hi All, I hope I have posted in the correct NG, apologies if I haven't. I have just changed a q6600 processor for an e6850 processor on my xfx 680i sli mobo. Before I changed the machine was running well with all settings at stock. After changing the processor I am now getting random freezes of the system. I just don't know where to start troubleshooting this one. I changed the processor so as...
January 31st 08 07:13 PM
by Brownman Go to last post
7 116
eSATA & vista sp1 by Brownman
Hi All, Anybody having as I am problems with eSATA devices since installing SP1? My eSATA drives show in the BIOS boot screen but hangs on the Vista drivers loading bard or just beyond on the black screen before the Windows logo. If I restart without the eSATA device connected/powered up Vista loads normally and if I then switch on/plug in the eSATA drive it is not recognised by windows...
March 13th 08 07:20 PM
by Brownman Go to last post
5 173
Mysterious disk space consumption by Bruce
Vista reports that my 250G drive is full, when I believe there should be only about 119G in use. I am mystified as to this disconnect. Details follow... I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate to my desktop on which the primary drive is a 250G drive, for which Vista reports 227G of usable capacity. (No surprise so far.) The only substantive data resides in the following...
August 14th 07 08:18 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 115
vista sleep mode by Bruce
When vista goes into sleep mode is the hard drive still "on" and spinning? If so it would appear that sleep mode would shorten hard drive life since it would put more wear on the drive.
April 15th 07 03:43 PM
by David Go to last post

From The