  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Intel 950GMA drivers in RC1 ?? by wgd
In article , says... Hi, Did any one hear about it? Do you know if Vista RC1 will have native drivers for this integrated graphics? I just spend 45 minutes playing hide and seek with "Desktop Properties" to make "Intel Lakepod driver" change my resolution back to maximum, so I can see anything on the...
August 27th 06 08:29 PM
by wgd Go to last post
0 629
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure by aoikani
Hello, My name is Mike and I have a Compaq Presario F560US notebook PC w/Vista Home Basic and my dvd drive does not work. The device is recognized in Device Manager as TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA I have used devcon stack gencdrom to examine filters and no high or low filter is residing. I edited the registry according to Microsoft Support and Help to remove the high and low filter. So that...
December 5th 09 10:59 AM
by abhaypd Go to last post
3 629
Intel Chipset Update via Windows Update Fails to Install by freddy
Mac, These error codes always include an error message. Could you post it? The code likely has more than one cause, and the message accompanying the code can provide a clue as to which direction to look. -- freddy "Mac" wrote:
June 14th 07 07:23 PM
by freddy Go to last post
0 626
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by Soft.
I Have the same problema when i try to update graphics card (optional) NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE for NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 05-08-2006 by "windows update" gives me the same error. CODE 8024AFFF "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption...
December 19th 06 11:55 PM
by cmihm Go to last post
1 622
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 621
pop ups by kim125
I am getting too many pop ups how can i get rid of them -- mz.White
May 28th 10 05:41 AM
by kristain Go to last post
3 617
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. by Rookie27
Hi all! First of all I really hope I can get some help here because all the googling what I have done and threads read concerning about my problem are all from here but I haven't find anything to help my case. So I have had a problems since I bought my computer what comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and now almost whatever I play my screen freezes during gaming for let say 1 min and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 3rd 07 07:51 AM
by Rookie27[_5_] Go to last post
20 616
Change floppy drive assignment from B: to A: by M Skabialka
I built myself a computer a couple of years ago and have Vista Ultimate on it. Recently I went to create a floppy disk for maintenance on another computer and found that the floppy drive (which I haven't used before) is labeled as the B drive. How do I change that back to A? Right now I am using subst a: "b:" which works for now but would rather set it permanently.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 09 02:45 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
13 615
External Drive problems by makion91
Hi guys, The problems I've been having is with my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Toshiba Laptop (A300). For some reason, It's unable to either normally format any external memory devices into a FAT or FAT32 format, or unable to read it at all. I keep trying to open the device but it keeps saying that i need to format it, but because of problem 1, it can't be formated (it almost completes but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 10 03:23 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
12 611
Updating ATI or Intel Drivers on RC1 and Pre-RC1 builds by B Barley
I doubt cmedia will get their act together for their new drivers for their most basic motherboard chipsets used by manufactures like asus. I've been using the win xp drivers, and it works...barely. I have a 7.1 surround sound system set up and all I get is the center speaker. "JW" wrote: By the time of the final release of Vista all of the hardware suppliers should have released to MS...
August 29th 06 12:04 AM
by B Barley Go to last post
0 610
Save hardware drivers by Chris K
Just re-installed Vista and it needed couple drivers - 1 for my Radeon 1650 SE video card and one for my M/Soft digital media 3000 keyboard I'm bit concerned about these drivers becoming obsolete (particularly the former) so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for future install - the driver details document all the driver files & locations but not sure how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 10 01:05 PM
by GSalisbury Go to last post
13 609
Can't see Hard Drive. by Marian Henna
For some reason, I cannot see a 1TB hard disk in Vista Explorer. There are no relevant messages in the event logs etc. I can save data to it (via apps, word, excel, downloads etc). I just cannot see it in windows when I go to my computer. Also, can't seem to find anything pertinent on the web, lost about a vista drive not being seen by windows 7 (vice versa), but not what I am looking for.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 10 03:18 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
14 601
cannot create the dvd error message by kingerswa
have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99% opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any other ideas? ...
August 25th 08 12:02 PM
by frustrated dad Go to last post
5 596
U by shygirlxoxo
September 8th 06 04:56 PM
by shygirlxoxo Go to last post
0 591
HP w1907 LCD Monitor Driver Download by Jim Tsak
Is anyone have problems loading the driver for the hp lcd W1907 display monitor? Checked widows for any updates. There is an update available. However, I download and tried to install, the install fails. Error code 80070005. Can anyone help? Thanks Jim Tsak
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 08:11 AM
by GSBZ2112 Go to last post
15 590
4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista by JC
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 08 05:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
26 590
USB Mass Storage Device Driver by GrayPM
Until recently my version of Vista (Home Premium edition 64 bit) recognised a Samsung Flash Drive, now for some reason it doesn't. At same time other USB Memory Devices (Kingston U3 DataTraveler 2Gb) stoarge devices. With all these devices when I install the unit Vista recognises them, installs a driver and then tells me that a file is missing and thathat the installation is stopped - and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 08 08:53 AM
by Glyn Go to last post
30 588
Can't re-enable microphone array by GaryMac[_2_]
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out
May 17th 10 04:33 AM
by GaryMac[_2_] Go to last post
0 585
Mic not detected by andy jones
I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I can still hear cd's.etc. I did not discover this until I tried to send a video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this problem.
May 17th 10 07:35 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
2 583
slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device Stopped Reading disks by Aaron Dorner
Hi everyone! Maybe somone will be able to help me out! I have a aspire 5610z notebook with Vista on it! About a year ago i had to do a complete reboot on it! Well when i did my slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device quit reading cds or dvds! Now when i check the device manger it tells me the drive is working properly! What I really wanted to know is if my drive is DEAD!!!!!!!!!! When I put a...
March 18th 09 06:43 PM
by no1 Go to last post

From The