  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Sound Services Won't Start by [email protected]
Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM. The other day the audio services would not start. The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual. Gives me the error message 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified. The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it won't...
May 29th 10 12:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 803
computer makes loud noise and lags. by nooger
Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to lag. Anyone know whats causing this?? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 09 08:31 PM
by ashvin Go to last post
22 799
FDTI USB To Serial drivers cause BSOD by baddawgg
I have several devices that use the FDTI chip to create a serial port. One or two work but when I install all my serial devices (I have five) I get a BSOD. Everything worked fine in XP.
August 28th 06 02:55 PM
by baddawgg Go to last post
0 796
Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 by Cal Bear '66
Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 (dated 5 - 2007) !!! http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439320&lang=en -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 10 07:58 PM
by halobest[_2_] Go to last post
17 794
External Hard Drive Not Working by dsmturbo
Having same problem with an external USB hard drive enclosure. It is very strange, Vista won't boot if it is turned on, however it was on when I installed Vista. If I turn it on while in Vista, I get the clunk/clunk device detected sound but it never shows up. "ironj221" wrote: I'm havn't found a solution yet, let me know if you do.
August 27th 06 06:16 PM
by dsmturbo Go to last post
0 794
Which disk image creation software is good for Vista? by Jack
Hello, In previous years I used Ghost to create the image of my harddrive. It was simple, easy procedure and very fast. I booted up computer to the command prompt and restored harddrive in few minutes!!! But it was FAT32 system. Now, with Vista I do not have a choice but to use NTSF file system. Which program offers the most features for disk image creation? I know it will be impossible for me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 13th 08 05:23 PM
by cqui3 Go to last post
43 794
4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista by JC
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 08 05:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
26 790
How can I find out what the firewall issue is on a Printer? by M Skabialka
I was having problems reinstalling HP software for my All-In-One printer, and HP Tech support had me add ten or fifteen programs to the Firewall as allowed programs, plus about that many ports. I'm still having firewall issues according to the HP networks diagnostic tool, and the HP software does not "see" my printer on the network. I can go to its IP address in Internet Explorer and see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 10 04:45 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
14 787
Changing boot drive by CJM[_2_]
I've upgraded my machine at some point in the last year, where I added a new 500GB drive and moved my C: partition across to it. The previous 250GB drive was left in for additional storage. Just recently (while upgrading my BIOS) I realised that my system was still booting from the 250GB drive even though Windows was on the other disk. There is a fair possibility in the not too distant...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 08:33 AM
by CJM[_2_] Go to last post
18 784
Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450 by Russ Valentine
Problem persists in 5536. I can find no newer drivers or updates for the keyboard that will restore functionality. -- Russ Valentine 306551 "The Barsteward" wrote: Vista has recognised the keyboard but has not allowed functionality of the
August 27th 06 05:03 PM
by Russ Valentine Go to last post
0 775
Generic Postscript Driver + Vista 64x by Bub
Does anyone know who to install Adobe Generic Postscript Driver? Setup fails to install, even if run in compatbility mode. Thanks.
May 16th 10 11:28 PM
by cupofdenial Go to last post
2 774
NTFS USB drive - can I reformat? by Wolverine in Michigan
I have a usb drive formatted NTFS attached to pc using Vista HP. Can usb drive this be reformatted and still work afterward? I know the files will be lost. I know there used to be a problem about reformatting NTFS drives. Thanks
March 13th 10 05:11 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
8 772
Buffalo LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD not working on vista by Andy
Hi All, I have a bit of trouble with the above. I am running the latest software (Ver 1.16 I think) and all was well with XP until I upgraded to Vista. I installed the software and now when trying to access the menus to set up the files to read from all I get is the hourglass permanently cycling. Would anyone either know if this is fixable on linktheater or if there is any other program that...
May 28th 10 05:13 AM
by JRW99 Go to last post
5 768
Monitor Show 'No Signal' when i reboot or turn on pc by ron
I just had a new pc built with an E6750 processor, 500 gb HD, xfx 8600gt vid card. I have a viewsonic LCD monitor which is the only pice not new. I have the monitor connected to the vid card with a dvi cable. I also have an old crt monitor which when i plug this in and started the pc up worked fine. the LCD is not finding a signal until i unplug the cable and replug it back in. then i get...
January 27th 08 01:20 AM
by Curious Go to last post
4 765
Can't extend screen display onto second monitor-Vista 64—ATI Radeon X1900 by [email protected]
I am using an ATI Radeon X1900 with Vista 64 bit. I am using ATI Catalyst version 8.593.100.3. The problem is that when I try to extend the display onto either a connected TV or a second monitor from within the Catalyst Control Center nothing happens. I have tried a variety of different resolutions including resolutions that are within the capability of the second monitor but whenever I click on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 10 12:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 760
Intel 950GMA drivers in RC1 ?? by wgd
In article , says... Hi, Did any one hear about it? Do you know if Vista RC1 will have native drivers for this integrated graphics? I just spend 45 minutes playing hide and seek with "Desktop Properties" to make "Intel Lakepod driver" change my resolution back to maximum, so I can see anything on the...
August 27th 06 08:29 PM
by wgd Go to last post
0 758
Updating ATI or Intel Drivers on RC1 and Pre-RC1 builds by B Barley
I doubt cmedia will get their act together for their new drivers for their most basic motherboard chipsets used by manufactures like asus. I've been using the win xp drivers, and it works...barely. I have a 7.1 surround sound system set up and all I get is the center speaker. "JW" wrote: By the time of the final release of Vista all of the hardware suppliers should have released to MS...
August 29th 06 12:04 AM
by B Barley Go to last post
0 757
External drives by iowabucks[_2_]
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 10 04:34 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
16 754
Network Icon Missing by Paul Calcagno
I've got an Acer Desktop running Vista Home Premium (SP2) with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. I'm Running CA (California Associates) Security Suite software with no conflict issues. Also have MBAM malware software, CCleaner and SuperAntiSpywareProfessional. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. As far as I know I have no Malware/Spyware, AV issues. I use Firefox for browsing. I got a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 02:18 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
28 747
cd/dvd drive not detected by raysmith
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 10 02:59 PM
by raysmith Go to last post

From The