Updated list of compatibility Vista X64? by Munchmouth
Anyone have a link to an UP TO DATE compatibility list for Vista X64? I had an issue with a plantronic headset and had to restore VistaX64. This is my first time running Vista and I would like to have a list of known problem hardware or software. Thanks, Munch -- Munchmouth
February 9th 09 05:00 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 158
USB hard drive and flash drives not recognized in Vista 32 by Stephen[_4_]
In Vista 32 I had USB drives working (flash drive and external hard drive). They are no longer recognized, and don't show up in disk management. I saw where a fix could be to delete infcache.1 from the Windows/inf folder, but infcache.1 is missing from there, and Windows does not regenerate it. One place said there's a hotfix for that problem, but I couldn't download or run the hotfix....
February 8th 09 11:26 PM
by Stephen[_4_] Go to last post
0 197
Network issue - BSOD and lockups by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The followingf ault bucket came up (Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0) this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port!...
February 8th 09 04:38 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
1 149
Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0 by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The above fault bucket came up this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port! On random basis my PC locks up and will not...
February 8th 09 04:08 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
0 157
Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0 by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The above fault bucket came up this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port! On random basis my PC locks up and will not...
February 8th 09 04:08 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
0 163
Power State Failure in Vista Home Premium Final by mschoenborn
After installing an update of Vista Home Premium Final over my running MCE 2005 system i always got a blue screen and reboot after approximately 10 minutes after a resume from sleep (Driver power state failure). After the reboot the system was stable until the next resume. A clean install of Vista has not changed this behavior. Who can help? Abit NF-M2+nView Motherboard, Remote Keyboard for...
February 8th 09 01:20 PM
by gardavis Go to last post
2 166
Explorer and other Apps hang randomly by 2000b5
Hey everyone, Im new here but I was hoping I would be able to get a little help and/or see if anyone has experienced this before. With my computer when I go to access anything through explorer or directly from another application, it will hang for a moment before actually doing what I told it to (browse folder, open music through itunes....). This is a new problem to me since I switched over to...
February 7th 09 09:43 PM
by 2000b5 Go to last post
1 170
Backup Error - Western Digital 'My Book' by rlmcculley
I have gotten numerous (0x81000014) errors saying there is not enough space on my Windows disk to prepare for backing up my files. I am using a Western Digial 'My Book' 500G external storage device to back up to and have deleted EVERYTHING on it in order to make sure that there was enough storage space available. After the backup I still have over 400G of available space. WHY do I continue to...
February 7th 09 04:51 PM
by spamme0[_2_] Go to last post
3 180
Need help setting up RAID 1 by howwon
Hello everyone, Noob person needs help setting up RAID 1. I have the following hardware and I would like some help in turning this into a RAID 1 storage vault. Two (2) Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 32MB HD (WD10EADS) Vantec NexStar MX (NST-400MX-SR) Switching Jumper 1&2 are ON Switching Jumper 3&4 are OFF
February 7th 09 03:49 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
5 169
Mirror, Mirror by Grasshopper
What the hell happened to this forum? I used to be able to find answers to my computer problems here, but now it's like a parallel universe of kindergartners calling each other names. Where can I find out why my "low battery alarm" does not sound when it is programmed to? And please don't tell me not to end a sentence with a preposition!!!
February 7th 09 04:09 AM
by haunt Go to last post
8 230
What is a hard drive RAID configuration by scousa4lyf
i have been thinking of upgrading my system and i am going to get a new MOBO and other internal hardware.. i have heard about RAID configuration and i was wondering if someone could explain to me the benefits and what hardware i need to get.. i am currently using a 500GB ATA.... i do understand that i would have to reinstall vista when changing the motherboard... if someone could just explain...
February 7th 09 04:03 AM
by haunt Go to last post
9 227
Logitech problem by Finlay[_2_]
Hallo, i have a very good mouse logitech MX Revolution that i like very much so that I have bought another equal. I have bought the second because, since some weeks, the first makes sometimes the double click with the left button instead of the single click. The problem now is that I have to change the usb receiver too (it seems
February 6th 09 10:33 PM
by Ray Luca Go to last post
2 152
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Cripset Family by Rafael
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I discovered that my video card is 64MB instead of 128MB Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Cripset Family Is there anybody with this problem? I have instaled the lastest driver Notebook Acer TravelMate 4220
February 6th 09 09:15 PM
by paserile Go to last post
3 183
USB H/D issue by OmegaTWB
I have am Iomega 750 firewire/usb drive - using a usb connection that worked fine until I tried a Lacie drive - now I get the message about not finding driver every time I connect the drive. I replaced the usbstor.inf but that didn't help. I'm running vista business (32). Thanks for any assistance.
February 6th 09 04:10 PM
by OmegaTWB Go to last post
0 111
usb hard drive cannot find driver by OmegaTWB
I have iOmega 750GB FireWire® 800/FireWire 400/USB 2.0 - which worked perfectly until I had a problem with a Lacie usd drive - now I get a message about installing the drive every time I connect the drive. The drive works, but it shows up as an "unknown device". Tried replacing the inf file usbstor - but that didn't help. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks running vista business
February 6th 09 04:05 PM
by OmegaTWB Go to last post
0 130
USB Analog To Digital Video Device-Best by Karenx13
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have been using vista 64 bit for about a year now & lovin' it. My question concerns finding a USB Capture device for analog video. I would like to transfer my old video & make movies with it. I know i can use an internal capture card but would prefer the USB if possible. I'm having a hard time finding one that is compatible with the 64bit Vista. Anyone out there know of...
February 6th 09 02:36 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 145
touch pad by simonnew
hi, for some odd reason, the touchpad of my laptop has become active, meaning if i tap it it responds, which i find very irritating. my problem is that i just cannot seem to find where to shut it off! i've gone through almost everything in the control panel but cannot find how to do it, can anyone help? cheers
February 6th 09 12:48 PM
by johnstiscali Go to last post
2 181
Cant mirror desktop between laptop and projector by starworks
When I connect my laptop to a projector, the projector becomes my primary monitor and my laptop screen goes black. The function key combo won't work to switch displays. I can't switch the displays in the change display panel (i.e. set up my laptop as the primary monitor - the option is greyed out). When I turn the presentation feature on in the control panel it doesn't detect another...
February 6th 09 12:39 PM
by spamme0[_2_] Go to last post
2 130
MS Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 - Favorite Keys??? by MaryAnn[_2_]
I just upgraded from the #6000 2.0 to the 3.0. I cannot get the "favorite" keys to connect to any websites. They show a configuration as assigned keys but do not connect. I tried setting the keys directly from the sites and from copy/paste into the configuration screen. When I first installed the software the keys worked fine. I shut off my PC for a while and when I rebooted, the "favorite"...
February 6th 09 04:30 AM
by MaryAnn[_2_] Go to last post
0 158
Recognizing CD Aoromatically by Doug[_14_]
When I put a cd in my drive using XP windows opens a screen asking what I want to do with it.It has choices such as Media Player,Burn Cd,etc. On my Laptop with Vista it does not open this window.I have to use Computer click on drive to open.There must be a setting to make it automatically recognize the cd when putting it in drive?? Thanks in Advance Doug
February 6th 09 02:45 AM
by Doug[_14_] Go to last post

From The