Vista compatible tuner and possibly HD by Joel WZ
I am preparing to upgrade my XP MCE box to Vista. I want to replace my tuner card and can't find anything that shows what cards are compatible. Also, if I am changing tuners, are there decent HD tuner cards that allow access to an HD Cable box? Any help or advice would be greately appreciated. -- Joel WZ ---------------------------------------------------------
December 25th 06 03:39 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 292
Vista and KN8 Ultra motherboard by Raymond Lang
Here's the problem I've been running into: I have been trying to load the RTM version of Vista (for testing) on a drive in my current system. The motherboard is an Abit KN8 Ultra, which works fine under Windows XP x64. Loading the 32-bit version of Vista presents two issues, one of which I already see folks complaining about (lack of audio drivers for the RealTek AC97 chipsets). However,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 25th 06 06:46 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
10 385
Display Error message (Vsita Not Stable) by WarOfGenesis
whats up guys, i just had to replace my other grahpics card with a ATI X1600 - 256mb, but every i run a dvd or 3d application (mostly games) my pc reboots then i always get this error message. STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
December 25th 06 08:10 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 279
Realtec by Robdata
I had the same problem but after update from asus for realtec all ok.What board have you got.Did you try your motherboard site?
December 26th 06 12:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 286
Static Driver installation by mk
I had developed a static driver for Windows XP which will get loaded during OS boot up. This driver does not require any physical hardware and it gets loaded due to manual registry entries created under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root. Now in Windows Vista it doesn’t allow me to create registry entry manually under the enum \Root key due to rights restriction. Finally I was able...
December 26th 06 08:36 AM
by mk Go to last post
0 233
Happy Holidays '07 by Cthelight
Happy holidays!!!
December 26th 06 12:50 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
0 255
Vista and CD/DVD burning by RJ
"Phillip Schlueter" wrote: Since installing Vista many weeks ago, I have not be able to Burn to CD or DVD. The devices work for playing music and movies and read data just fine, but do not Burn--not from Nero or anything in Vista. Is there a setting that I must tweak? Am I missing something in a setup somewhere? Both devices are Sony, one a CD/RW, DVD Rom and the other is a...
December 26th 06 02:26 PM
by RJ Go to last post
0 257
Dual 2 core by Robdata
Installed Dual 2 Core after i been runnig RC1 for 2 month.But now i got 4 driver problems in Devize manager and cant find any solutions for it neither from Asus or Intel.Somebody any idea what is going on here?No pobs in XP all claer there
December 26th 06 04:11 PM
by Robdata Go to last post
2 262
Driver for my AGFA scanner SnapScan E50 by M. Christian PEIRON
I don't find a driver for VISTA , for my scanner E50, where can I find a new driver, I have another question for my DVB's card HAUPPAUGE the same thing, I don't find a driver for my Card.
December 26th 06 07:36 PM
by Udo Kammer Go to last post
6 294
Blackberry by Markus Lindemann
Hi, I'm looking for drivers for my Blackberry 7100. I'm running Vista x64 - is there a 64-bit driver available yet, or has anyone got the 32-bit package to work properly so that the connected device charges properly? Thanks, Markus
December 26th 06 08:56 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 259
rewritable disk by Shark
Hi, i'm using Vista RTM 6000 ..and i have a problem ... i have a rewritable CD that i use it from long time ago ..it work with Window XP greatly...but when i use it with vista burning option ..the Vista burned it and closed it .... i put the rewritable disk again to erase it the system refused to do this and said that the CDis not rewritable nd can not to be erased..i'm very upset from this...
December 26th 06 09:20 PM
by nord Go to last post
3 176
IBM T42 w/ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 by Some guy in Kirkland
Looks like the stock drivers are pretty freakin slow.. (DVD playback is horrible) and rating is 1.0) I fould some Vista drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 but they won't install... anyone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 06 10:03 PM
by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\) Go to last post
10 384
Zune 1.2 Software and Vista RC1 Build 5600 by Todd
I purchased a Zune yesterday and attempted to install the software from the CD. The software immediately went to the web-site and downloaded version 1.2 of the software (which is supposed to be Vsta compatible). The installation failed. I have since downloaded the Zune 1.2 software from http://www.zune.net/support and when I run setup application (ZuneSetup.exe version 1.2.5511.0) it...
December 27th 06 12:32 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 186
usb½è¿ÚcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄvista64λÇý¶¯ by DNA
ÓÐûÓÐusb½Ó¿ÚµÄcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄÇý¶¯ idÊÇUSB\VID_067B&PID_2303&REV_0300
December 27th 06 03:27 PM
by DNA Go to last post
0 225
PlZ HELP - WIN VISTA UPGRADE HELP NEEDED...? by oc9ine
Hello There, I want to upgrade to Win Vista, I currently have Intel D845GVS1 motherboard and Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (mPGA 478) processor(without HT ) with 256mb(DDR) of RAM. I want a motherboard which should have these things : 1. It should support my Pentium4 2.4GHz processor
December 27th 06 04:08 PM
by oc9ine Go to last post
0 145
Vista ultimate & new MS ATI 1900 update by Jon M
I've been using Vista Ultimate since it was released on MSDN... Applied ATI's RC1 drivers, and the latest version released on Dec 12 and its been working great. Then last Thurs or Friday, MS released a driver version on Windows Update and my display no longer works at all... I see the Post and initial boot, but once it goes to the hi-res mode for the desktop, the screen goes blank. Had to...
December 27th 06 07:03 PM
by Jon M Go to last post
7 243
Runtime error hptskmgr.exe by Poopsie
Hi folks can anyone tell me how to resolve the following Runtime error when I start up my laptop in Vista RC1? Program:C:\ Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate itin an unusual way. Please contat the applications support team for moe information. Any ideas, it is the only issue with RC1 at the moment. Thanks very much
December 27th 06 09:17 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 215
UMAX 4000U and MS Vista by Clinton Henry
Is there any driver updates for this scanner, the UMAX 4000U, to make it work in Vista? Clinton
December 27th 06 09:17 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 202
Sierra Wireless 580 Drivers by Olafur
Hello, I'm trying to install a SW 580 card in my Vista and found that using a DUN would work and that Vista would find it's own drivers from Windows Update service, but it hasn't. Anyone gotten one of these to work yet?
December 28th 06 12:44 PM
by Olafur Go to last post
0 201
New Quickcam drivers (10.5 dated 12/24/06) for Pro 5000 by DCR
There are new Logitech drivers for the Quickcam Pro 5000 for Vista (x86) dated 12/24/06 ver. 10.5 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=11022,OSID=13,softwareid=13130
December 28th 06 08:03 PM
by Jdr Go to last post

From The