External backup device by bughaters[_2_]
I have a 320GB external harddrive by SimpleTech.  I want to use it specifically for backup purposes.  How do I continue a regular monthly backup and not worry about exceeding the 320GB capacity.  Is it a good idea to leave it plugged in and schedule a monthly backup schedule.  As of right now I used it once successfully but I unplugged it until I do another backup. ...
February 1st 09 09:07 PM
by muffingirl Go to last post
6 207
Problem reassigning special function keys IntelliType Pro by Phil
All programs or files I've assigned to the special function keys on my keyboard start (open) --but are not "active" (have to Alt+Tab before I can use them) Any suggestions? IntelliType Pro 6.30.183 Microsoft USB Comfort Curve 2000 Vista Business SP1
February 1st 09 08:29 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 157
BSOD in Vista home premium by bmallela
Hi All Iam having a Windows Vista Home premium OS .Iam persistently facing a BSOD. The error code and fault bucket are 0*0000007E fault bucket 0x7E_ATSwpDrv!ATUSBCycleUSBPort+9d, type 0 0*00000050 fault bucket 0x50_ATSwpDrv!FL_SSSuspendSensor+2f, type 0 The OS and Hard ware details are ----------------- OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
February 1st 09 06:21 PM
by bmallela Go to last post
0 148
Memory problems by huss812
Hey guys im new here and this site looks great. I have a big problem with my pc, when i have some programs open my pc totally freezes, like i cant even press Ctrl+Alt+delete and i cant even move the mouse and if im listening to music the sound goes away too. Can anyone help!! in Task Manager Memory usage is always around 35-45% but under physical memory. Total: 2037 Cached: 1450-1550 free: 40...
February 1st 09 01:57 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 143
Wireless Card gives Vista x64 BSOD by psc
I have an Atheros AR5007 wireless card in my laptop which also runs Vista Ultimate x64 edition. The problem I get is every now or then I get a BSOD that is caused by my wireless card. I have the latest drivers and don't really know what to do to solve it. How can I prevent the BSOD from occuring? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 1st 09 12:59 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
14 418
Mouse Problems by Jim
I inadvertently switched on touch screen on my computer and now my PS/2 compatible mouse will not work? In device manager under mouse and pointing devices it list "HID compliant Mouse" instead of " PS/2 compatible mouse". Can anyone explain how to change back to the later PS/2 mouse and driver? Thank you for any help with this! I am currently able to us a USB mouse only? I was using a...
February 1st 09 12:28 PM
by Jim Go to last post
6 160
HElp with Sound from Laptop to Sony tv with HDMI Cable by Burkec1967
Hi Yes I plug in an hdmi cable to my dell laptop running win vista and I am watching a movie on the internet and I can't hear the sound from the webpage or from the streaming video i can hear the default windows sounds on tv but not the movie playing from either megavideo or ie or mozilla can somebody help me tell me where to look or what to do SO If i watch a video or put one up for my kids...
February 1st 09 02:44 AM
by Burkec1967 Go to last post
0 453
Disabling drivers/devices by deucejmp
Hi, I am having trouble with the infamous Palm / x64 OS battle. I am using Vista Business x64. As is the case, Palm/ACCESS have no support/compatibility for x64 operating systems, and never plan to do so. The software will install on x64, there just are no x64 USB drivers for palm devices. That is fine, because the connection works fine over bluetooth.
January 31st 09 01:19 PM
by haunt Go to last post
6 179
Calculator FX-9860 by Darude
Hi, Ive got a Casio Fx-9860 calculator, ive manage to install the FA-124 program, but it cant find the usb driver for the calculator. I can find them manualy, they come with the program. But I cant install them. The driver is called CESG502. Ive searched all over the net, but cant find anything that works. Starting to get tired of vista x64 :( Every program is a problem. Please help me. --
January 31st 09 11:04 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 125
Change drive letter fo0r external usb Floppy from B to A by HawkeyeLOM
I have an external USB floppy drive that got assigned the drive letter B when it was plugged into one of the usb ports on the back of my PC. I need to change it to letter A. The drive is not listed under computer management: disk management. Removing the drive and reinstalling does not chhange the drive letter. Removing the driver in device manager results in installing new hardware, but with...
January 31st 09 08:27 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 172
Missing Operating System by iSlash
I read another thread and it mentions that I should use the system recovery. I put in my Vista DVD, and chose it but it doesn't show any OS (which is not surprising). I don't know where the drivers are though, should I try repair without any, find them (with your help if you know where they are) or install Vista again (will all my files still be there?) --
January 30th 09 09:12 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 146
What is the latest Vista LifeCam software? by stocktiki
Confused by some weird changes in the LifeCam software. Hoping someone knows what is up. Few weeks ago, downloaded the latest LifeCam software from microsoft.com/hardware. For the VX-6000 (on Vista 32 bit/English), it was LifeCam 2.4. Now, however, if you visit microsoft/hardware, it says the latest software is LifeCam 2.04. Trying a few of the other models, LifeCam
January 30th 09 08:05 PM
by Frank Holman[_2_] Go to last post
6 191
Esata on Vista x64 by Michael Taylor[_2_]
I use an external esata enclosure. When I plug it into my laptop, Vista Ultimate x64 recognises the hotplugging and sees the drive right away, and handles it fine when I switch off. I have a Vista Ultimate x64 desktop using a motherboard without a built esata port. The enclosure came with an esata adapter plate that internally connects to a sata port on the motherboard. This works, but only...
January 30th 09 07:26 PM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
4 172
NAS drive recommendation by BrianB
Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home network? I need ... - 1 or 2 TB - RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice) - Ethernet 10/100/1000 - Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista Enterprise x32 - Under $500 (the more under the better) - Good data transfer rate
January 30th 09 06:12 PM
by BrianB Go to last post
4 176
Vista 64 recognizes 4Gb but only uses 3Gb!! by nadrm
hi to all and tnx in advance for support, i've installed 4Gb RAM on my Notebook Toshiba with Intel T5500, Northbridge Intel i945PM rev. 03 and Southbridge Intel 82801GHM (ICH7-M DH) rev. 02. After memory update i've installed *Vista x64 Ultimate SP1* and System Info under Control Panel says 4,00Gb Ram Memory but *Task Manager says only 3069Mb Physical Memory*. Moreover i ran msconfig and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 09 04:06 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
22 441
DVD Drive Doesn't Refresh by Jan
Hello. I have a new Dell Studio Desktop running Vista Home Premium. I have an intermittent problem whereby when changing disks in the DVD burner, the new disk is not recognized and the details of the previous one are still showing. The only way around this is to reboot. As I said, this is intermittent and isn't always the same disk. Would this more likely to be a software or hardware...
January 30th 09 07:43 AM
by Jan Go to last post
0 144
SATA II HDD recognized in device manager & BIOS, but NOT win explo by mjs!
My secondary HDD (music, pictures, etc.) spontaneously disappeared from windows explorer yesterday. It is still shown in device manager and still comes up in BIOS, but not Windows Explorer. I checked all of the cables and rebooted the computer, which was extremely slow. The HDD is still gone. It is a 500 GB Western Digital WD5000KS SATA II hard drive with about 350 GB worth of data on it....
January 29th 09 02:39 PM
by cybermachiavellin Go to last post
2 143
Synaptics track pad doesn't auto start by TeKn1qe
Hey all, for some reason my Synaptics Track Pad wont start with windows. I have to manually go into the program file and double click the .exe file to start the device. Any tips on how to fix this so it boots with windows? My OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit running on a Gateway FX Edition. Thanks in advance. -- TeKn1qe Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 29th 09 02:26 PM
by TeKn1qe[_2_] Go to last post
1 127
Video camera usage by shaydar
I am trying to copy video from the video camera to my computer, on my last laptop (it had XP Professional Service Pack 2) everything worked fine, but now with Vista, in Windows movie maker I get an error that says "Import video could not find a compatible digital video device." I have checked the connects and made sure the camera is in proper mode, but still nothing is detected. Is there some way...
January 29th 09 02:07 AM
by shaydar Go to last post
0 141
Ipod not even listed as a driver by rennie
My ipod was working great a week ago. Then i tried it last night and it's not working. It's not even connecting saying that it is there. I've tried other things in my usb and they work and connect. I've looked in the device manager for my ipod in there and it's not in there either. Tried a new cord, tried restoring it. I don't know why it's not connected to my computer and coming up as...
January 29th 09 12:53 AM
by Mr. Jon Pope Go to last post

From The