cd-dvd drive doesnt work by anh56
hey ive been busy for a while and havent used my computer for a while and now i started to use it again but when i try to put a cd in nothin happens u can only hear it spinnin and nothin and also when i click on dvd drive in my computer it says applicatin not found help plz im runnin windows vista home premium hp pavilion dv6700 notebook --...
January 28th 09 11:24 PM
by anh56[_2_] Go to last post
4 187
IEEE 1394 Host Controller by Vipin[_2_]
Hi, My system doesn't have built-in FireWire. So i bought a PCMCIA FireWire card to capture video from Panasonic GS85. When i insert the card, under IEEE 1394 bus host controllers, an entry with yellow exclamation mark says 'Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller'. From properties,
January 28th 09 10:40 PM
by bajeroo Go to last post
3 156
Epson R300 printer by Csaba
R300 inbox driver missing from my Vista Home Premium. Can anyone help me how to intsall this printer?
January 28th 09 09:27 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
8 199
Bose Companion 5 USB Audio stuttering on Vista by tido
Using Bose Companion 5 USB speakers on Vista-SP1 32bit edition i have a problem that is best described as intermittent stuttering, from mostly minor but always present, to sometimes strong 'dropouts', a few times loosing the USB connection alltogether. Sounds a bit like my tapedeck sounded many years ago with a dirty tape. I tried to find any offending driver or anything that could...
January 28th 09 08:03 PM
by aard Go to last post
8 203
Serial Ports, Com Ports and USB by Phil
I am trying to connect a device that has a serial port connector to a Vista computer. I got a converter to plug it into a USB port. When I plug it in I get a message that it recognizes the device(converter) and has installed the drivers. When I try to use the hardware that uses the serial port I get a message that it cannot find a com port. I have tried to manually connect it to every...
January 28th 09 11:03 AM
by Nate Grossman Go to last post
7 215
no disk exception error message oxc0000013 by wjmcb[_2_]
does anyone have a fix for this - occured when i installed hp bluetooth mouse after already installed microsoft notebook laser mouse 7000 - two programs incompatible - uninstalled bluetooth mouse but always get the error when i boot up - new hp computer - just loaded 31 priograms - dont want to restore after alll that work
January 28th 09 03:38 AM
by wjmcb[_2_] Go to last post
0 184
Shrinking/expanding basic volumes by Sandy[_4_]
I just wanted to confirm a few things before I screwed up something (like, my OS). Usually, I'd use Partition Magic to resize partitions, but apparently, Vista includes something quite similar (and PM won't work on Vista) so I thought I'd give it a go. Also, this is with basic volumes, not dynamic. I have a single hard drive partitioned as: Primary Extended - contains three logical...
January 28th 09 02:39 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
8 154
vista ultimate x64 ram problem by al3x
i have vista ultimate x64 edition installed on my computer. i have 4gb of ram installed however vista is only recognizing 2gb. -- al3x
January 27th 09 09:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Desktop Display Problem by Lucy
Hello, If someone in here could tell me how to fix my desktop issue I would be forever grateful. I wanted to check my email. I turned the computer on, checked my mail and shut the lid. At that point everything was fine. When I came back to it, I plugged it in, opened it and my desktop display was wonky.(I had this issue before, and did a restore which fixed the problem). The screen was...
January 27th 09 08:39 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
6 142
DVD-RW does not burn by Windowpane
Hi, I recently got a new rig, 2.4 ghz duel core, 2 gigs of ram, nvidia 8800 GTS, and a PIONEER DVR-212D DVD burner.. the last one is giving me a very annoying problem. I use itunes regularly, to listen to music and on my old computer, i used it to create audio CD's, but for somereason on this vista PC i cannot burn. When i try burning in itunes i get a message that says "Disc burner or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 09 03:54 AM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
19 247
Netgear SC101 NAS - Any Vista Drivers? by Barry Lacter
My Netgear SC101 doesn't show up in Vista. Are there any solutions?
January 27th 09 01:57 AM
by mytamurphy Go to last post
6 248
Distorted System Sounds by Dave
Whenever I change the default systems sounds, those files are distorted when they play. Example, if I change the Empty Recycle Bin sound file from the default, it will be distorted. When I use the default sounds, they are fine. I try playing the files through Windows Media Player manually and they play fine. They are only distorted when they are assigned as a system sound. Music also...
January 26th 09 11:46 PM
by Owen Go to last post
8 179
acer dying... by nicke
Hello everyboddy! The case is that I have one acer Aspire 3003 LMi that die everytime I trying to install XP on it. The computer just die suddely, just like you pull out the powercord during the format process. Around 12% compleat, everytime so fare, 3 attempts. The "strange" thing is that I'm able to install OpenSUSE 11.1 on it. Måns Månsson
January 26th 09 08:51 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 143
My PC is so Noisy!!! by Waynester
Hi everyone at times my PC is very quiet, well....almost :confused: i would say "tolerable" as computers go :sarc: then at times, it sounds like a gale force wind is blowing through it! ITS BECOMING SO ANNOYING!! AARRGGHHHHH :mad: what would be the main cause of this? is it the power supply or the fan(s) inside it
January 26th 09 07:44 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
3 199
How can I turn on my computer? by Bob Newman
I have my Vista laptop (HP) hooked up to an external monitor, I have been using the sleep mode at night. The laptop is closed and on a shelf that is very hard to get to. I would like to shut it off at night. I can shut it off with the keyboard. Is there any way possibly software controlled to turn it back on? To reach the power button on the laptop you must first raise the lid which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 09 04:23 PM
by Thomas Wendell[_2_] Go to last post
13 337
Desktop Display/UPDATE, WON'T START, HELP PLEASE : ) by Lucy
Well, now it seems that I have a much worse issue. I was all set to do a system recovery from the hard drive partition (not a big deal, I have done it plenty of times) Had everything backed up and was ready to go. I first tried start/recovery manager/recovery manager. My computer went through the motions, but never started by itself. I waited for a long time and finally shut it off and...
January 26th 09 03:09 PM
by Lucy Go to last post
0 143
XP to vista printer sharing stopped working - access denied by Daniel Norman[_4_]
I have printer and file sharing enabled on a XP SP3 computer, and had a EPSON STYLUS DX6050 connected to this. I was able to access the files and the printer from my Vista Home Premium Laptop. However the printer broke and I had to get another one, which is a EPSON STYLUS SX400. I enabled printer sharing for this printer, but every time I try to connect to it I get a message saying access...
January 26th 09 12:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
DVD drive disappeared by ebdrup
My DVD drive in my laptop has disappeared again Last time i removed the upperFilters and lowerFilters as described he http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/320553/ This time the drive doesn't even show up in the device manager. The drive has power and can accept dvds and eject them. What shal I do
January 26th 09 12:44 AM
by tirso Go to last post
8 205
Can't start Microsoft WPD Filesystem Volume Driver by djet
I get the following status in devmgmt: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I run Vista RC2, an upgrade made from RC1.
January 25th 09 10:23 PM
by chucksax Go to last post
6 233
Conexant HD Audio not working by Scot B.
Greetings, recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck. Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution? Thanks for your help.
January 25th 09 08:17 PM
by ryanms Go to last post

From The